Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2011, 10:33 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,337 times

Advertisements

part of the problem is us.....we expect perfection from our candidates. That;s why Newt Gingrrich could not win...because he is divorced and cheated on his wife with the woman he is now married to. The press would never allow him to answer any other questions. Then we have Romney...who is a MORMON...so he can't be elected bcause the Christian vote would not go his way.

Now we have imperfect herman Cain who didn't hurt anyone...he just mnight have made some suggestive remarks or suggestions. But we have all of these people persecuting the man based on unsubstantiated charges by women who have 'lawyered up' for the riches that they are about to gain.

What ever happened to just getting the right man for the job? It's funny...the democrats will always say that Bill Clinton was one of the best presidents ever because when he left office there was a surplus of $$. Well...Bill Clinton is also one of the most notorious womanizers that politics has ever seen, and that is a proven FACT..despite the fact that he lied to congress about it.

The point is this...Clinton didn't assault anyone, but he did cheat on his wife, and he did make unwanted sexual advances to Paula Jones and at least one other woman....and he was able to function very well as the POTUS. Yet it is the democrats who are the ones pursuing Cain over this and suggesting that he fold up his tent and go home, even though there is no proof that he is guilty of anything..only his word agains hers. Why? So that a threat to the Obama socialization of the American Government can be eliminated?

Of course the dems see that Cain is a threat...that is why they want him gone...and that is why they will continue to attack Cain until that happens. Doesn't matter that they still think Clinton was the greatest thing since sliced bread...despite all of his dalliances. This isn't about morality...this is about eliminating a 'threat'...and taking the focus OFF of Obama and his pathetic record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 10:35 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Why should he back down? If it's because of his inexperience, or his take on the issues - it's for the voters to decide that.

If it's because of the allegations - why should he leave if he did nothing wrong? If you are in this group, you need to look at yourself - because you are showing how weak you are if this is what it takes for you to back off his candidacy. You are susceptible to be bullied by the media. Some of you complain about how Cain has handled this - how are we handling it? Are we waffling just because the press puts out a narrative - irregardless of the facts?

No decision or judgment about the allegations needs to be made. Let it play itself out. Be patient.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:52 AM

458 posts, read 776,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Cain is a presidential candidate, he probably meets with and talks to 300 new people a week. How on earth do you expect him to remember one person, and a person that is not particularly memorable?

If the guy who puts out produce at your grocery store came up to you right now would you recognize him? How about the guy at the counter where you bought a quart of oil for your car 4 months ago?

Herman is willing to take a lie detector test. Is the accuser? I think not.

Honestly, I think this will do more to strengthen Herman's position than hurt him. It think this little ruse is going to totally backfire. LOL

20yrsinBranson
Cain seems to have a lot of trouble remembering things, perhaps he is having a "senior moment" or just convenience. Someone that flew out to meet him, in which he upgraded her hotel, etc. Should be someone he remembered. If this meeting never happened then of course he would not remember. If there is a paper trail, like hotel receipts, an upgrade paid for by Cain's office, records from the restaurant, all that would be telling.

Regarding the lie detector test. He said:

Herman Cain: I'd take lie detector test to rebut Sharon Bialek claims - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

but the actual transcript was:

"Yes. I absolutely would," Cain said when asked about taking a test. "But I'm not going to do that unless I have a good reason to do that." I think he has a good reason, why does he need the wiggle room?

Years ago, I managed a retail business that handled large amounts of cash. On about 10 occasions money was missing or there were unusual transactions that pointed to some sort of theft where a lie detector test was proposed to the individuals. All ten immediately agreed to take a test. Only 3 actually showed up to take it. All 3 passed.

My point is no one would refuse it when they are first asked. But to actually take it is a whole different thing.

If I was Cain and innocent. First thing today I would taken the lie detector test, assuming he passes it, call all the accusers out to do the same. If he is telling the truth, he could end this whole circus in one day.

My feeling is he will never take that test.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
Cain seems to have a lot of trouble remembering things, perhaps he is having a "senior moment" or just convenience. Someone that flew out to meet him, in which he upgraded her hotel, etc. Should be someone he remembered. If this meeting never happened then of course he would not remember. If there is a paper trail, like hotel receipts, an upgrade paid for by Cain's office, records from the restaurant, all that would be telling.

Herman Cain: I'd take lie detector test to rebut Sharon Bialek claims - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

"Yes. I absolutely would," Cain said when asked about taking a test. "But I'm not going to do that unless I have a good reason to do that." I think he has a good reason, why does he need the wiggle room?

Years ago, I managed a retail business that handled large amounts of cash. On about 10 occasions money was missing or there were unusual transactions that pointed to some sort of theft where a lie detector test was proposed to the individuals. All ten immediately agreed to take a test. Only 3 actually showed up to take it. All 3 passed.

My point is no one would refuse it when they are first asked. But to actually take it is a whole different thing.

If I was Cain and innocent. First thing today I would taken the lie detector test, assuming he passes it, call all the accusers out to do the same. If he is telling the truth, he could end this whole circus in one day.

I agree, right now Cain has one thing in common with OJ Simpson. They both proclaimed that they would be willing to take a lie detector test to prove their innocence. Any guesses on which one will do it first?

IMO, a sure sign that you are guilty is when you start to talk about taking a lie detector test but never follow through. It is the rhetorical equivalent of telling someone that the check is in the mail.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:29 PM

32 posts, read 26,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, he doesn't need to step down, and he shouldn't. I don't believe any of these women, and ESPECIALLY this last one (Allred's client) is such a poor actress! Her story is soooo made up! As soon as I heard her tell it the first time, I started to laugh. So scripted it was ridiculous, and she didn't even do a good job reading it. It was just not believable. Period. And now we know something about her past, so she is even less believable.

I still support Cain! Go Herman!
And where did you study the craft of acting? Juilliard?

There are FOUR accusers! If there was just one, it could interpreted as an isolated, unsubstantiated incident. But, this is starting to get out of control.

Cain has quite a few skeletons in his closet. Why do you continue to support him? Because he is a "likable guy?" Remember, this isn't a popularity contest...

Old 11-09-2011, 12:39 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post

I suspect the only good reason would be a Court Order.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
Does anyone find it strange that ALL ACCUSATIONS concern the NRA?

Not one from Godfather’s or any other place Cain worked.

Just makes an attempt to “get” him even more likely.

If he did as much harassing as they say, HE WOULD HAVE done it elsewhere.
Not true at all. One woman one claims in 2000 he tried to pick up on a woman in Egypt. One radio host claims in 2011 he was inappropriate to women at his office.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I agree, right now Cain has one thing in common with OJ Simpson. They both proclaimed that they would be willing to take a lie detector test to prove their innocence. Any guesses on which one will do it first?

IMO, a sure sign that you are guilty is when you start to talk about taking a lie detector test but never follow through. It is the rhetorical equivalent of telling someone that the check is in the mail.
My guess is Cain is not going to bring it up. If he keeps getting asked about it, he will probably say I will take one if all the female accusers agree to take one too.

What is interesting also the very narrow response he keeps repeating. "I have never sexually harassed anyone" Leaving open the door the possibility that he had consensual relationships with people worked with him. Very Clintonesque.

Last edited by Winkelman; 11-09-2011 at 01:10 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 01:03 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,386,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
From the article above:

^^^^^ That is what is disgusting. The 'family value' party defends creepy men who grope, and sexually harass women. Disgusting. These supporters are such disgusting hypocrites.

There will probably be more women who come forward. Men who behave like Cain are quite common, and this type of thing happens regularly. Already, there are four, guaranteed there will be more.

What is disgusting is trashy women who use "sex" to get ahead and then claim "harrassment" when they fail.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:29 PM

910 posts, read 1,675,971 times
This site isn't officially run by his campaign (as far as I know) but wow, they must WANT to sink the campaign:

Herman Cain Accuser Karen Kraushaar works for Obama and she
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections