Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win the debate tonight?
Romney 11 17.46%
Perry 1 1.59%
Cain 4 6.35%
Gingrich 8 12.70%
Sanctorum 2 3.17%
Bachmann 2 3.17%
Paul 34 53.97%
Huntsman 1 1.59%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,958,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
WoW more and more and like George Bush

Rick Perry draws a blank in latest debate flub - WGHP (http://www.myfox8.com/news/nationworld/sns-viral-video-rick-perry-draws-a-blank-at-debate,0,1087912.htmlstory - broken link)
I don't even like Perry and that was still painful to watch.

Ron Paul 2012!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 11:06 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,586,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
While it's true that there were more true conservatives in Congress 20 or 30 years ago, you made some errors like the "tax cuts for the rich" myth. Conservatives favor tax cuts for everyone (everyone who pays taxes) not just "the rich."

Another error you made is about trickle down. It does not leave everyone but the elite "poverty-stricken." Where did you get that from?
Even the term "Trickle down" is an insult. I would like an ecomonic system that could be called "The flow down' system.

The trickle down system is what the USA had in the golden age and it created huge social problems for the country. Great progressive conservative thinkers like Theodore Roesevelt wrote that this system was the biggest threat to the security and future of the Republic. It would produce social inequalities so great that there would most likely come a time of general revolution and chaos. As history has clearly shown, in coutries that did not reform, that was almost always the result of such an inequality in economic classes.

This present move back to the right has greatly accellerated the ever widening gap between the rich and the poor. It's a fact that is well documented and the stats are there for all to read.
You are dead wrong about the GOP's tax ideas. There are quite a few different ones but most of them increase taxes on the middle class while reducing taxes on the wealthy. When you have people like Warren Buffet coming out and saying that the rich are NOT paying their share I think it would be prudent to listen to that.

Just for one minute think about the GOP's attacks upon working people today. They are making an all out assult upon unions. They are opposed to minimum wages which in my opinion are already way too low. The minimum wage here in Ontario is $10.75 per hour. There are places in the USA where it's half of that. Are we really so much richer than the USA that we can pay our poorest workers twice that of the USA and they want to reduce even that.

WE had a great Prime Minister here although personally I thought he was too far to the left. During the bad recession of the 80's he was asked about how concerned he was about all the people on welfare. He said, "It's not the poor Canadian who meeds a helping hand I'm concerned about. It's the corporate welfare bums in this country that worry me".

The GOP is opposed to almost any and all social programmes and has in fact voted agaist every single social reform that has ever come before congress. Not just some but EVERY one. Now these same GOPers have no problem whatsoever doling out billions and billions more to their corporate masters. Does that not tell you something about their priorities?

That is why I say, they are not conservatives at all. They are corporate neoconservatives which are nothing more than a liberal without a social ajenda and the most dispicable political animal in a democratic system.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:15 PM

161 posts, read 141,676 times
If he truly believed in what he is saying, he would have never forgotten what needed to be said. He failed trying to deliver talking points. Dude's a fake.
I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says, but he's someone I think actually believes what he's saying.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:18 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMePost View Post
If he truly believed in what he is saying, he would have never forgotten what needed to be said. He failed trying to deliver talking points. Dude's a fake.
I don't agree with everything Ron Paul says, but he's someone I think actually believes what he's saying.
Exactly. Perry is just another candidate who'll say whatever he thinks people want to hear. Ron Paul may be completely nuts, but at least he's genuine nuts.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:21 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,099,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Is he dumber or smarter than Obama without a teleprompter? In your estimation...
Even w/ a teleprompter Perry is dumber than Obama w/out one. So dumb he couldn't pour **** out of his boots, even if you wrote the instructions on the bottom of them.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
While it's true that there were more true conservatives in Congress 20 or 30 years ago, you made some errors like the "tax cuts for the rich" myth. Conservatives favor tax cuts for everyone (everyone who pays taxes) not just "the rich."
This is a lie. They don't favor extending the payroll tax cut.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:48 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,332,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
This is a lie. They don't favor extending the payroll tax cut.
It's not a lie. Conservatives, in general, favor a low tax rate. They think at 50% or 40% tax rate is ridiculous and too high.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Even w/ a teleprompter Perry is dumber than Obama w/out one. So dumb he couldn't pour **** out of his boots, even if you wrote the instructions on the bottom of them.
You're joking right?
Watch this clip of Obama. He makes Perry look like a Rhodes scholar! This clip makes me laugh until I remember that he's our president.

Obama, a complete idiot. - YouTube

Old 11-09-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
You're joking right?
Watch this clip of Obama. He makes Perry look like a Rhodes scholar! This clip makes me laugh until I remember that he's our president.
Obama's smarter than Perry's whole family combined.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
Obama's smarter than Perry's whole family combined.
I'm not a Perry supporter and I cannot comment on the combined intelligence of his family but it's the intelligence of a bipartisan electorate that will end Obama's reign of incompetence in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections