Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which GOP candidate for President do you like the LEAST?
Michele Bachmann 18 16.07%
Herman Cain 19 16.96%
Newt Gingrich 10 8.93%
Jon Huntsman 4 3.57%
Ron Paul 7 6.25%
Rick Perry 21 18.75%
Mitt Romney 12 10.71%
Rick Santorum 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:06 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Bachmann's idiocy entertains me. Santorum is a straight up scumbag.
that and the 23 foster kid line over and over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 06:21 PM

45,334 posts, read 60,500,026 times
I see we're up to 12 anti Cain racists.

And now someone is questioning a conservative serving as a foster parent.

Last edited by North Beach Person; 11-10-2011 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-10-2011, 06:24 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
Agh, I read it wrong. I thought it asked, which one do I like the BEST" and selected Ron Paul when it actually meant, the LEAST. Sorry Ron Paul! Ron Paul is my favorite though! But I suppose Bachmann would be my least favorite. She comes off as being an attention seeker to me.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Easy - Ron Paul.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:33 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Easy - Ron Paul.
Why? Because he'll take the most independents' / unhappy Democrats' votes?

Old 11-10-2011, 06:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I see we're up to 12 anti Cain racists.
So, anyone who doesn't like Cain is a racist? Please.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:42 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,263,551 times
Bachmann, Santorum, and Perry.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:47 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
So tough to choose but I had to pick Cain because he is playing the race card even though conservatives were outrage because some liberals played the race card with Obama plus his stupid 999 increase taxes plan.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:48 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
So, anyone who doesn't like Cain is a racist? Please.

The "anyone who doesn't like Obama is a racist" has been going on for years now. Annoying when people repeat stupid things that are untrue, isn't it?

Old 11-10-2011, 06:59 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,977,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
In politics, "wrong" tends to be a matter of personal perception/beliefs. Dr. Paul is quite the intelligent man as well, but some of the others....not so much. If Dr. Paul could just be a little more realistic on foreign policy, I believe he would gain far more supporters. He makes a lot of foreign policy points I agree with, but I would be a bit nervous of his approach if push comes to shove so to speak.
What's unrealistic about his foreign policy? It's the only sustainable foreign policy out there. What's unrealistic is thinking we can continue to manage this global war machine in perpetuity. What's unrealistic is thinking that we can continue to stick our noses in the affairs of every foreign nation on earth and attempt to dictate what everyone else does and not expect to make any enemies.

Any so called "small government conservative" that supports our ever expanding war machine is laughable at best. War is the health of the state. The more war we have the more we expand the government. We go into these undeclared unConstitutional wars and they never end, we create more and more enemies and the state uses that as an excuse to grab more and more power and diminish our rights. War is expensive so we either have to raise taxes or have the Fed print more money. This causes inflation which is a tax in and of itself, a tax primarily paid by the poor.

As a "tradeoff" Democratic "opponents" of war demand handouts at home. They demand more welfare, more state control of the economy. Republicans gladly go along and our welfare/warfare state only gets bigger. Meanwhile the state rigs the system so the banking cartels and the MIC contractors reap all of the benefits. Meanwhile the rest of us are forced to deal with an economy that's in the tank and a weakened dollar that's so overinflated that it's on the verge of being worthless.

Anyone who calls Ron's foreign policy "crazy" or "unrealistic" is at best mistaken, at worst a liar. What most Americans fail to see is that foreign policy and domestic policy are joined at the hip, they are two sides of the same coin. How many rights must the state trample on, how many lives must we lose in illegal undeclared wars of aggression, and how crappy is our economy going to get before America wakes up and smells the coffee? Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Barack Obama, etc none of them have the slightest clue as to how we got to this point in our nation and none of them have the foggiest idea of how to get us out of this mess. The establishment and the status quo are the crazy ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections