Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 11:44 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I tend to think people are more concerned about the state of the nation, jobs, economy, debt, leadership skills etc, than this old news about his personal life. Small minds will continue to try to make an issue of it.
Speaking of 'small minds'....how is your guy paul doing? Not surprised he's 'your choice.'

Newt is a 'cold-blooded jerk!'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I rarely respond to your ranting but this time I have to say something: I do not approve of adultery, no matter what the reason, I don't know why he has trouble with commitment, but please, if you want to be considered crediable in anyway gets your facts stright: his first wife did have cancer, and yes, he presented her with divorce papers, but she was not dieing...

Nita
LISTEN Woman, I'm not the Author of the 'piece' about 'DIRTY NEWT.' >>Donna Garner's name is attached to the article...for your 'info,' ~~~~~An apology is DUE...but I won't hold my breath.~~~~~

But, I'm not surprised you'd think so.

Of all people to accuse someone of 'rants?'

Last edited by quality guy; 11-12-2011 at 12:15 PM..

Old 11-12-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Newt Gingrich would make a good Presidential Advisor. He knows a lot of stuff and the ins and outs of DC beltway politics. There is no more "inside the beltway" candidate on the stage than Gingrich. But he's never run anything large. He's an ideas guy and has always chosen that route rather than the harder job of execution. He's been a professor, a congressman, an author, a consultant, a documentarian and a news analyst. Please don't hand the job of president to an academic type who is a good debater but is not only of dubious moral character but one who has never run any large business or state or large city or non-profit in his work life.
Laura, that guy (Gingrich) doesn't need to be ANYWHERE close to an authority position in the U.S. Government!!

But, otherwise...you typed another excellent commentary regarding the topic.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:58 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I agree with you 100%!!!

Newt will expose Obummy for the idiotic, failing, liar that he is.

I guess the *******s, while spewing their cr*p about Newt and how he disgraces women, forget ole slick Willy. The things that disreputable man did while in the white house is far worse to his wife than anything Newt has done. *******s and their hypocrisy.....would be funny if it was not so pathetic.
Very obvious you are well informed, unlike so many on here. I believe Newt could go toe to toe with Obama.
Maybe that is what so many do not like!

Old 11-12-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Very obvious you are well informed, unlike so many on here. I believe Newt could go toe to toe with Obama.
Maybe that is what so many do not like!

So, you can simply 'wink' at Gingrich's HORRIBLE character issues. Huh...that's exactly the reason America finds 'herself' without any QUALITY leadership Anymore!

Old 11-12-2011, 12:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
LISTEN Woman, I'm not the Author of the 'piece' about 'DIRTY NEWT.' >>Donna Garner's name is attached to the article...for your 'info,'

But, I'm not surprised you'd think so.

Of all people to accuse someone of 'rants?'
I am not ranting, nor do I very often. Of course you are not the author, but you referred to it, showing your bias and lack of checking facts before you post something. Now I will just go on and respond to people who can, at least debate in a fair, honest and open minded way.
Nita

Old 11-12-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not ranting, nor do I very often. Of course you are not the author, but you referred to it, showing your bias and lack of checking facts before you post something. Now I will just go on and respond to people who can, at least debate in a fair, honest and open minded way.
Nita
'My bias?' Huh! - Newt Gingrich is not to be admired. No 'bias.' Just fact! And his wife (current) is...well, not admired, to say the least!

LOL...Unlike you and your 'pal' Gingrich, I AM NOT a 'debater.'

I am a 'truth stater.'

Old 11-12-2011, 12:24 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Unfortunately, once again, with Newt Gringrich, it is not only his 'personal life' that is an issue or will be made into an issue. He has other 'ethics' issues and situtations where he has been paid for things that are not real 'conservative' and will be questionable.

What i actually don't get at all, is that the same people who have some big issue over Mitt Romney and the healthcare mandate or his so called 'flip flops' which are overly exaggerated, don't seem to know that Newt was one of the first proponents of a healthcare mandate and has taken several stands on issues that are not 'conservative'...probably moreso than Romeny ever has.

Old 11-12-2011, 12:44 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Unfortunately, once again, with Newt Gringrich, it is not only his 'personal life' that is an issue or will be made into an issue. He has other 'ethics' issues and situtations where he has been paid for things that are not real 'conservative' and will be questionable.

What i actually don't get at all, is that the same people who have some big issue over Mitt Romney and the healthcare mandate or his so called 'flip flops' which are overly exaggerated, don't seem to know that Newt was one of the first proponents of a healthcare mandate and has taken several stands on issues that are not 'conservative'...probably moreso than Romeny ever has.
But he's good on Guns and Taxes and God!!!

Old 11-12-2011, 12:46 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
He's also been sounding pretty good on firing Bernanke, auditing the FED, and actually prosecuting these crooks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections