Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times

Advertisements

Education News » Newt Gingrich: Not Fit for President nor Vice President (http://educationviews.org/2011/10/03/newt-gingrich-not-fit-for-president-nor-vice-president/ - broken link)

Newt Gingrich: Not Fit for President nor Vice President

Posted by Donna Garner Education Policy Commentator

EducationViews.org on October 3, 2011 in Political | 0 Comment (http://educationviews.org/2011/10/03/newt-gingrich-not-fit-for-president-nor-vice-president/#respond - broken link)
by Donna Garner

I really like what Newt Gingrich says politically most of the time. However, it is what he has done with his life that makes me doubt his sincerity and his moral compass.

I admire people who walk the talk, the kind who make mistakes but who are genuinely repentant and strive to do better in the future. After all, none of us except for Jesus is perfect. At the same time, I do not appreciate hypocrites; and it has been clear to me for some years that Newt Gingrich definitely has two sets of values – the ones that he uses in public and the ones that he follows in his daily life.

Esquire is obviously not a conservative magazine, but this article published in September 2010 seems less biased than most liberal publications and frequently quotes Newt himself. The fascinating part about this particular article is that the author interviewed Newt’s second wife Marianne. Her comments reflect a lack of bitterness, and her transparency is refreshing.

Marianne Gingrich was married to Newt for 18 years. He asked Marianne to marry him while his first wife Jackie was dying of cancer. Later on when Marianne was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, she found out that Newt had been having an affair with Callista Bisek for six years. Callista and Newt now live a luxurious lifestyle because of the wealth he has gained from American Solutions, Center for Health Transformation, and Citizens United.

The most telling part of the Esquire article to me is the following quote which Marianne evidently stated without undue malice:

He asked her[Marianne] to just tolerate the affair, an offer she refused.
He’d just returned from Erie, Pennsylvania, where he’d given a speech full of high sentiments about compassion and family values.
The next night, they sat talking out on their back patio in Georgia. She said, “How do you give that speech and do what you’re doing?”
“It doesn’t matter what I do,” he answered. “People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”

http://educationviews.org/2011/10/03/newt-gingrich-not-fit-for-president-nor-vice-president/ (broken link)

Click on Above LINK to continue this article

Last edited by quality guy; 11-11-2011 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 05:20 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,552,277 times
Whose rules are those?

Old 11-11-2011, 05:21 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
what he said about iraq was true. 9 years for what? but it did not win any applause.
DOD, owner of the oval office, does not like that kind of talk.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Regardless that Gingrich is smart, polished, a gifted 'Speaker'...very aware of the political climate, albeit, from his self-centered point of view. But, that is not near ENOUGH to qualify 'one' for POTUSA.

It strongly appears to me....listening to Gingrich, obseving his lifestyle on a yearly basis, that he IS a cold-hearted, insensitive, BRUTAL man.

And we were taken in by another 'smooth talking, brilliant speaker,' in 2008.

Beware, be very aware!!

Old 11-11-2011, 06:27 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
I called it as soon as Newt moved up the loons would be on the attack.

All along I have been saying they were attacking the wrong person and I was right again.

The anti American left wing haters will now go after and attack Newt because they know Newt would kick Obamas butt all over the stage.

I am looking forward to that debate.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:55 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,925,040 times
this is the same newt that was hugging pelosi in that commercial right?

gingrich may be more progressive then romney. people totally forget his very liberal record because he pretends to be such a conservative now.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:22 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Newt is very damaged goods. He is in this race for one reason, to increase his speaking fees, sell some more books, and possibly get a cushy appointment of some kind in the next administration. Newt has ever met an easy buck he didn't like.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:54 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Gingrich derailed the 94 revolution by supporting the old bull republicans like Bud Shuster, and Bob Livingston, who saw it as their chance to do the pork deals they had watched Democrats do their whole careers. It was really Gingrich who set the stage for the disastrous R spending spree of 2000-2006 under Bush (even though he had left by then).

Then Gingrich supported one of the worst things Bush ever did, the Medicare Part D (prescription drug benefit). He derailed one limited-gov't revolution, I for one would not give him the opportunity to do it again.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Gingrich derailed the 94 revolution by supporting the old bull republicans like Bud Shuster, and Bob Livingston, who saw it as their chance to do the pork deals they had watched Democrats do their whole careers. It was really Gingrich who set the stage for the disastrous R spending spree of 2000-2006 under Bush (even though he had left by then).

Then Gingrich supported one of the worst things Bush ever did, the Medicare Part D (prescription drug benefit). He derailed one limited-gov't revolution, I for one would not give him the opportunity to do it again.
Mr. Chairman, I second that motion.

Last edited by quality guy; 11-11-2011 at 08:09 PM..

Old 11-11-2011, 08:07 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,171,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Not to mention his part in preventing Congress from taking a hard look at Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae which might have prevented the housing crisis. What did he get paid to do this...something like $300,000.00?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections