Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 02:24 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So we agree that Paul is wrong to want to pull thm ALL back to the US, we are just not sure of the actual number.
Never said the second statement, but yes it would add to the unemployment numbers. The issue is National Security, Being Isolationists makes us as a Nation Less Safe.
We will Never agree on Paul, but I will give you credit for avoiding the personal attacks some of your fellow Paul supports do not seem to be able to avoid.
Have a Great Day
I can't find anything right now, but I don't think he is saying he wants literally 100% of them brought home immediately.

You might find this interesting though:
Foreign Policy Experts Agree With Ron Paul’s Controversial Foreign Policy:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...oreign-policy/

And I would disagree that the military should be looked at in relation to the employment situation. Having them back here to add to the economy and be with their families is a huge plus, not to mention many of them can start their own businesses or fill the gap for some of the industries where there are jobs but no qualified candidates...engineers being one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 02:25 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Did I ever say we should just "retreat into our own shell?" No, we can and should still engage the world in trade. Also, I never said the world would love us, but they would have less reason to hate us. Do you really think these "terrorists" in the Middle East would really hate us so much that they'd come all the way to America to take the fight to us if we weren't over there? No, we have nothing to fear from these people. They HATE us because we are over there. They may never love us, but they wouldn't hate us nearly as much.

How would you feel if the world did that to us? How would you feel if China invaded Dallas and built a base there? How would you feel if their stated goal was to overthrow your government and replace it with someone more to their liking? How would you feel if they then took to the streets and started patrolling, imposing their own laws and enforcing curfews? How would you feel if they started bombing sites that harbored dissenters, and in the act accidentally killed innocent bystanders, maybe you or your mother? How would you feel if they declared that anyone who opposes them is a "terrorist" and they will kill you. How would you feel if they stated publicly that if they only killed enough Americans perhaps we would just give up and stop? I bet you wouldn't like that, and we shouldn't do that to other people. In truth it only incites hatred, for every "terrorist" we kill we spawn 10 more.

You can continue to arrogantly insult those of who believe in a Constitutional and peaceful foreign policy but at the end of the day warmongering statists don't have much to show for their arrogance. We're trillions of more dollars in debt, we're less safe, we lose freedoms, and our state grows more and more every year thanks to policies you endorse. 9/11 happened thanks to policies you endorse. We're going broke and we're on the verge of collapse so either way non-interventionists such as myself will get what we want, the empire has end at some point. At some point we won't be able to support or afford our chickenhawk warmongering ways.
North dont waste your time... those who read these posts know there is nothing else to add because why I said in the original post outlines the stupidity of the policy. Nobody can defend it and look in the mirror and actually believe in the flaws of this foreign policy. Instead they expect us to continue believing in the boogieman and that all decisions we make are just awesome and can never be questioned. Blind devotion and that is about all it is like we win a gold star for approval. I have guns I dont expect people around the world to love me, and I really dont care I just expect the government to MIND ITS OWN BUSINESS and follow the constitution and review the history of empire.

Last edited by LibertyandJusticeforAll; 11-14-2011 at 02:48 PM..

Old 11-14-2011, 02:27 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Not you, but that is what Paul would do, pull everyone ack to the US.
In reply the ONLY place we have done as you suggested is in Iraq, and I was against that war. Afganistan was needed and should have never been put on the backburner, and we shoud get out of there as soon as possible.
We are involved in overthrowing governments all the time. We are constantly meddling in foreign affairs even if we aren't involved in a full scale military operation. I just don't see how we can continue to do this without creating enemies. We bomb countries frequently, and are "covertly" involved in the overthrow of governments and countries. We now assassinate US citizens without a trial.

865 posts, read 676,241 times
Quote:
Not you, but that is what Paul would do, pull everyone ack to the US.
In reply the ONLY place we have done as you suggested is in Iraq, and I was against that war. Afganistan was needed and should have never been put on the backburner, and we shoud get out of there as soon as possible.
We shouldn't be at war with Afghanistan. We have an enemy that is a minority of a nation. We yield our diplomacy methods by creating a vague generalization for who becomes deemed a terrorist. Thanks to much of our actions in alienating many a sovereign nation due to a few bad apples, we have made more enemies. That is not diplomacy at all. Heck, it's not even Churchillian! It's continuous sloppy abuse of power.

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Idealists don't make good Leaders.
I was about to say something similar: we don't live in an idealistic world, we have to be realists, not idealist...

Old 11-14-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I was about to say something similar: we don't live in an idealistic world, we have to be realists, not idealist...
Agreed! Why do we keep electing idealists?

Old 11-14-2011, 02:31 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And what exactly is realistic about our current foreign policy? Please tell me what's sane about maintaining a trillion dollar global empire that makes us less safe? What's sane about losing our rights in exchange for "security?" We are on an unsustainable path and the only REALIST in this regard is Ron Paul. The other neocon chickenhawks are living in a fantasy land that we can continue to gallivant around the globe sticking our noses anywhere we see fit and spend hundreds of billions of dollars a year doing so and thinking we'll be all right. Warmongers continue to believe that the "terrrorists" hate us for our freedoms and they live in denial of reality. I find it extremely absurd that you believe you are a realist when in reality you and the politicians you support live in a fantasyland.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
One is NOT safer with all the troops brought home and of-course many would then be let go because after all we don't need them. The country does not need a fool like Paul running anything, and he won't be

How many stayed in the military after WW-2???

More were put into the private sector, than would be today, if we ended our world occupation.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
And what exactly is realistic about our current foreign policy? Please tell me what's sane about maintaining a trillion dollar global empire that makes us less safe? What's sane about losing our rights in exchange for "security?" We are on an unsustainable path and the only REALIST in this regard is Ron Paul. The other neocon chickenhawks are living in a fantasy land that we can continue to gallivant around the globe sticking our noses anywhere we see fit and spend hundreds of billions of dollars a year doing so and thinking we'll be all right. Warmongers continue to believe that the "terrrorists" hate us for our freedoms and they live in denial of reality. I find it extremely absurd that you believe you are a realist when in reality you and the politicians you support live in a fantasyland.
Somehow Ron wanting to use diplomacy and the Congress to actually declare war is idealist. Oh brother... LOL!!! Let's just go around and **** off yet another group or nation, that has to be a great idea for keeping us safe!

Old 11-14-2011, 02:54 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Somehow Ron wanting to use diplomacy and the Congress to actually declare war is idealist.
That's not a case for idealism. What is, assuming... The President can go in, and bypass the congress to close all bases and bring all troops by end of the first week in office. Heck, why first week? Try TWO terms. Someone like Ron Paul as the President just might set an example of a government that doesn't do anything, even worse than it is with Obama in the White House. It will be another pissing contest between the White House and the Congress.

Last edited by EinsteinsGhost; 11-14-2011 at 03:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections