Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 02:29 PM

659 posts, read 1,146,157 times

Advertisements

I am so tired of these parrot one liners to make Ron Paul look dumb, it doesn't work, it just makes the haters look even more dumb with the standard parrot on liners!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 05:32 AM

27,224 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
The best way to predict the future is to look at history. Ron Paul has been saying the same things for 30 years, his principles never change, he has never sold out to lobbyists, and never voted for a tax increase. I can even tell you what principle-less flip floppers like Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney will do if elected:the same thing Obama's doing. Just more status quo.
So he's never spoken with a lobbyist, ever? That would be the only gauge as to whether or not he's ever been influenced. I would love to hear a convincing argument for that. It's admirable as a congressman that he's never voted for a tax increase but you're due for disappointment in the parallel universe of reality where he's elected and stays true to form. Do you understand at all the current economics of our country and how in debt we are? If we were to cut across the board and not raise taxes it would not be sufficient enough to compensate and if we cut too deep it would paralyze the economy and result in millions more unemployed. You can crow all you want about principles but they're useless if they can't be applied.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINDCHIMES View Post
I am so tired of these parrot one liners to make Ron Paul look dumb, it doesn't work, it just makes the haters look even more dumb with the standard parrot on liners!
Very well said!

Old 11-26-2011, 09:08 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
So he's never spoken with a lobbyist, ever? That would be the only gauge as to whether or not he's ever been influenced. I would love to hear a convincing argument for that. It's admirable as a congressman that he's never voted for a tax increase but you're due for disappointment in the parallel universe of reality where he's elected and stays true to form. Do you understand at all the current economics of our country and how in debt we are? If we were to cut across the board and not raise taxes it would not be sufficient enough to compensate and if we cut too deep it would paralyze the economy and result in millions more unemployed. You can crow all you want about principles but they're useless if they can't be applied.
Oh BULLSHYT! That's ridiculous. The economy and the market run just fine, no check that, BETTER without the government meddling with them. We're not supposed to have a centrally planned command economy yet that's what you're advocating. Where does it say in the Constitution that the Federal government should be taxing citizens in San Diego and redistributing that money via "stimulus spending" to the citizens of Detroit? America existed for over 100 years without an income tax and without an overbearing federal government.

As for Ron never talking to a lobbyist, I'm sure he has. But it's gotten the lobbyists no where. As an aside, you don't need to know if he's ever talked to them to see if they've influenced, what you need to do is follow the money. Look at where he's getting his money and that will tell you all you need to know.

As for who's "crowing" about principles, you can crow all day about how your "principles" can "get applied," but it's precisely your "principles" that are DIRECTLY responsible for the state of our country. It's your Keynesian economically illiterate ideas that are destroying this nation. You live in a dreamland where more government spending and debt are the solutions to problems that are caused by too much government spending and debt. This is the typical cycle of the state apologist:

-Someone sees some "injustice" or "inequality" somewhere and cries that "something must be done!"

-The state, in all it's benevolence, gets involved. They create more taxes, or more regulations, they steal money from one group of people and give it to another, etc.

-This causes moral hazard and unintended consequences. Quite naturally the problem gets worse. Whatever the government was battling becomes worse and worse.

-The response isn't to get the government out of the way or address the root causes of problems. No, it's for the state to take more control, to get more involved.

-Then people like me expose this cycle of destruction, and people like you tell me I'm crazy and heartless and that if we cut government suddenly the people will be rendered helpless and the nation will implode.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Oh BULLSHYT! That's ridiculous. The economy and the market run just fine, no check that, BETTER without the government meddling with them.

And that would be based on what modern-day theorem?

We're not supposed to have a centrally planned command economy yet that's what you're advocating. Where does it say in the Constitution that the Federal government should be taxing citizens in San Diego and redistributing that money via "stimulus spending" to the citizens of Detroit? America existed for over 100 years without an income tax and without an overbearing federal government.

So you're proposing we sport tri-pointed hats and return to our roots? That sounds great in your head I'm sure but have you considered any of the logistics involved? It's kind of- sort of not a seamless process.

As for Ron never talking to a lobbyist, I'm sure he has. But it's gotten the lobbyists no where. As an aside, you don't need to know if he's ever talked to them to see if they've influenced, what you need to do is follow the money. Look at where he's getting his money and that will tell you all you need to know. So according to the line of thought find a guy who's most unpopular with the current system of government to help make changes within it. That should go well...

As for who's "crowing" about principles, you can crow all day about how your "principles" can "get applied," but it's precisely your "principles" that are DIRECTLY responsible for the state of our country. It's your Keynesian economically illiterate ideas that are destroying this nation. You live in a dreamland where more government spending and debt are the solutions to problems that are caused by too much government spending and debt. This is the typical cycle of the state apologist:

-Someone sees some "injustice" or "inequality" somewhere and cries that "something must be done!"

-The state, in all it's benevolence, gets involved. They create more taxes, or more regulations, they steal money from one group of people and give it to another, etc.

-This causes moral hazard and unintended consequences. Quite naturally the problem gets worse. Whatever the government was battling becomes worse and worse.

-The response isn't to get the government out of the way or address the root causes of problems. No, it's for the state to take more control, to get more involved.

-Then people like me expose this cycle of destruction, and people like you tell me I'm crazy and heartless and that if we cut government suddenly the people will be rendered helpless and the nation will implode.

So in essence you and your movement are now taking credit for "exposing" issues that the rest of us half-bakeds had no idea was happening betwixt and between our unobservant lives? I'm guessing a bunch of independent states with their own militias sounds swell as well. Perhaps if your solutions possessed any credibility, we rubes might take your little reform movement seriously and having candidates with real modern day solutions would be immensely helpful as well.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:39 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
We are in debt because our big ineffective federal government has lived beyond its means. We are in the position now because the economic drunks in government tried to run the economy and created a bubble that people like Ron Paul saw years before it happened. So your answer is to get the same ones to fix it. Maybe they'll get it right this time, or the next, or the next, or the next........

You can crow all you want about policies but they're useless when they have never worked in the long run.

How come you don't understand something as simple as that?

Old 11-27-2011, 12:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12
Oh BULLSHYT! That's ridiculous. The economy and the market run just fine, no check that, BETTER without the government meddling with them.

And that would be based on what modern-day theorem?

We're not supposed to have a centrally planned command economy yet that's what you're advocating. Where does it say in the Constitution that the Federal government should be taxing citizens in San Diego and redistributing that money via "stimulus spending" to the citizens of Detroit? America existed for over 100 years without an income tax and without an overbearing federal government.

So you're proposing we sport tri-pointed hats and return to our roots? That sounds great in your head I'm sure but have you considered any of the logistics involved? It's kind of- sort of not a seamless process.

As for Ron never talking to a lobbyist, I'm sure he has. But it's gotten the lobbyists no where. As an aside, you don't need to know if he's ever talked to them to see if they've influenced, what you need to do is follow the money. Look at where he's getting his money and that will tell you all you need to know. So according to the line of thought find a guy who's most unpopular with the current system of government to help make changes within it. That should go well...

So in essence you and your movement are now taking credit for "exposing" issues that the rest of us half-bakeds had no idea was happening betwixt and between our unobservant lives? I'm guessing a bunch of independent states with their own militias sounds swell as well. Perhaps if your solutions possessed any credibility, we rubes might take your little reform movement seriously and having candidates with real modern day solutions would be immensely helpful as well.
In this entire ridiculous post of yours nothing of substance was said. Just talking head points that sounds like grade school kids during play time.

You have no idea what drove us into this economic depression so why are you posting about it? Do some actual research and learn something before spouting nonsense. Understand the business cycle and how government creates the booms and busts that destroy our economy. As long as you refuse to look into what caused the calamity you will continue to wallow in ignorance. Treat the cause not the symptom.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:32 AM

746 posts, read 1,243,010 times
[[b] looks like another one fell for the fear tactic the media is feeding us /B]I][/i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
One is NOT safer with all the troops brought home and of-course many would then be let go because after all we don't need them. The country does not need a fool like Paul running anything, and he won't be

Old 11-27-2011, 06:58 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Remember when Paul belonged to the minority in Congress that opposed the Iraq War? Now, 62 percent of Americans say fighting the Iraq war was a mistake. You know the Republicans who criticized President Obama for presiding over the end of America's military presence in Iraq? Well, like Paul (and unlike Obama) 78 percent of Americans support full withdrawal. And in Afghanistan, another country that Paul wants to leave, two thirds of Americans want to see troop levels reduced. "Just one in three Americans believe fighting there is the right thing for the U.S. to do," CBS News found, "while 57 percent think the U.S. should not be involved in Afghanistan."

Like Ron Paul, Americans are also overwhelmingly against bombing Iran's nuclear infrastructure. And although I'll bet he wants to cut the Pentagon budget more than the average American does, a majority of the public prefers defense cuts to other kinds, and as Rasmussen found earlier this year, "Nearly one-half of Americans now think the United States can make major cuts in defense spending without putting the country in danger. They believe even more strongly that there's no risk in cutting way back on what America spends to defend other countries."
On Foreign Policy, Ron Paul Is More Mainstream Than His Opponents - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

So I guess neocon chickenhawk statists are the "out of the mainstream extremists" now huh?

Old 11-27-2011, 11:01 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1 View Post
[[b] looks like another one fell for the fear tactic the media is feeding us /B]I][/i]
Never heard any main stream media discuss his isolationist ideas, his ideas speak for themselves and isolationisim does not work and would only reduce our safety as a Nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections