Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:52 PM

865 posts, read 676,046 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 09:31 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
He has consistently tried to wake this country up; he isn't just another puppet

Ron Paul 2012: Epic Consistency - YouTube

Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why are the Progressives and Neocons on the same page, yet Ron Paul is so different?

What is wrong with with this picture?

Where is this nation headed?

The most powerful document ever created by mankind, has been ignored for too long. Look where we are now!

Why is Ron Paul so different than all the others, including our now sitting(& golfing) President?
How was Ron Paul able to predict in 1988 and again in 2003, exactly where we are today?(He was called looney then)

Why is Obama barely different than Bush was?
Why are all the guys(& gal) on the GOP stage just like Obama, McCain & Bush?

No Change at all!

Why is Ron Paul so different?
Because Ron Paul's image is of the bony crypt keeper.

I have seen old videos of him on tv "morton downey jr. show" and he was angry and shouting and rude. Then there's his rude racist papers which were written not so long ago.

That's the image I keep of him.

Today he's a desiccated old political hack. He's conservative when it suits him but most of the time he's a progressive yet reactionary crap stirrer.

As a republican I don't understand what his platform is. He's "so called" independent-libertarian. But he's not.

Don't like him.

Can't vote for him.

In my opinion his politics is the sour chunky milk in a carton you find in the back of your fridge.

Definitely not fresh.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:46 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
He's not. Look at earmarks...what a hypocrite.
sigh.. The reason behind earmarks is to get the money back to ones who paid in. All Congressional spending should be earmarked since they are transparent.
The President controls the non earmark spending. That's too much power for one person to have.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:53 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Because Ron Paul's image is of the bony crypt keeper.

I have seen old videos of him on tv "morton downey jr. show" and he was angry and shouting and rude. Then there's his rude racist papers which were written not so long ago.
That's the image I keep of him.
He never wrote those letters. Only ignorant people with agendas try to push that.
Quote:
Today he's a desiccated old political hack. He's conservative when it suits him but most of the time he's a progressive yet reactionary crap stirrer.

As a republican I don't understand what his platform is. He's "so called" independent-libertarian. But he's not.
You do not uphold the republican ideals. You are ignorant of his policies.
educate yourself

Quote:
Don't like him.
Can't vote for him.
In my opinion his politics is the sour chunky milk in a carton you find in the back of your fridge.
Definitely not fresh.
Nothing of substance in this entire post. Just another big government rant by someone who doesn't believe in personal responsibility.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:55 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
That's your standard line, genius! blah, blah, blah....to everyone who tells the truth. Ron Paul is different because he's NOT a Republican. He's a Libertarian promoter of illegal drugs and prostitution being made available for everyone....and calls that perversion, Freedom and Liberty.

But, this is all a waste of time anyway, because Paul will never be a factor!

Oh noes... the sky is falling! Imagine that? A candidate who doesn't try to legislate morality and believes in individual freedoms. I'm not an advocate of prostitution by any means, but hey if someone is that desperate, that they have to pay to get some, then as long as it is between 2 consenting adults who are you or anyone else to dictate what they do? I assume you're a Christian. If I'm not mistaken, Mary Magdelene was a prostitute right? When the masses were going to stone her because of her profession, and Jesus stopped it, as a Christian do you agree with it? Or, would you have been the one in the crowd saying "let's stone her to death?" Based on your rants, I'm betting the latter, which in turn would go AGAINST Jesus's message! The bottom line is, what 2 consenting adults do as long as nobody is harmed, is between them, and God! Not you, not me, not anyone else! Especially not the government!

Old 11-29-2011, 07:58 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
That's your standard line, genius! blah, blah, blah....to everyone who tells the truth. Ron Paul is different because he's NOT a Republican. He's a Libertarian promoter of illegal drugs and prostitution being made available for everyone....and calls that perversion, Freedom and Liberty.

But, this is all a waste of time anyway, because Paul will never be a factor!
Exactly why I'm voting for him. What have republicans actually done for this country? Nothing.

As for illegal drugs and prostitution:

- I have a right to do whatever I want to my body and it is not an inefficient government's job to tell me what's right and wrong for me.

- I have a right to have sex with anyone I want to that is of adult age and consents to it. If that involved me compensating them with money then I have a right to do so. If I take her out to a series of dinners/meals first when all I want is the sex, is the government going to arrest me for that?

I'd personally never do hard drugs or pay for sex, but I don't think it's the government's place to tell people they can't do it if they choose.

Keyword: Choice.....as in mine, I make it, not you.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Exactly why I'm voting for him. What have republicans actually done for this country? Nothing.

As for illegal drugs and prostitution:

- I have a right to do whatever I want to my body and it is not an inefficient government's job to tell me what's right and wrong for me.

- I have a right to have sex with anyone I want to that is of adult age and consents to it. If that involved me compensating them with money then I have a right to do so. If I take her out to a series of dinners/meals first when all I want is the sex, is the government going to arrest me for that?

I'd personally never do hard drugs or pay for sex, but I don't think it's the government's place to tell people they can't do it if they choose.

Keyword: Choice.....as in mine, I make it, not you.

Exactly the point I was making in my post above yours.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:49 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Here why Ron Paul is different than all the paid for flip flopping republican puppets. This is really telling:

Ron Paul: All this talk is just talk - YouTube

Old 11-29-2011, 11:08 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,415,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Under your handle you have "Educate me", so here: go read the TOS, before the mods remind ya of it.
i respectfully decline. but thanks for looking out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections