Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 01:57 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you don't get a law degree with a low IQ, you certainly know that
I've met lawyers who were dumber than dirt. A knack for memorization goes a long way in that profession.

Quote:
you may not like her debating, that is your opinion: mine, she is a good debater, that is how she got some traction for a short while.
Meh. She knows how to play to a specific segment, but I've never seen her demonstrate any debating skills of the sort that could convince people not already on her side. As evidenced in this example, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 03:45 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,911,642 times
Bachmann is the Democrat's dream candidate. Expect a surge from crossover Dems once the voting begins.

Old 12-04-2011, 03:56 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I watched the video of this but I don't know how to post videos, so I'm posting part of the transcript instead. I would be grateful if someone more tech savvy than me would post the video.
Michele Bachmann: Gay People Can Get Married -- But Only To Members Of The Opposite Sex (VIDEO) - The Huffington Post

That whole "a gay man/woman can marry a woman/man" crap again. But I guess it does make some sense from a Bachmann point of view because I'm pretty sure that's what her husband did.

Good thing she doesn't have a prayer of being president.

Edited to add: Whoops. I see I put one too many n's in Bachmann's name in the title. I would love it if a mod would fix that for me.
LOL- It was so funny that she said it with such conviction too. the old white neanderthal ppl in the crowd were clapping when she said it too- disgusting.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:22 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
By the tone of her voice, I actually thought she kind of spoke "down" to the girl in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
the old white neanderthal ppl in the crowd were clapping when she said it too- disgusting.
Probably the same ones who cheered at the number of people executed in Texas and who booed the gay soldier.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Probably the same ones who cheered at the number of people executed in Texas and who booed the gay soldier.
And the same people featured in this video...

The McCain-Palin Mob - YouTube

Old 12-04-2011, 08:37 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And the same people featured in this video...

The McCain-Palin Mob - YouTube
those are some SKANKS!!!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:40 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you don't get a law degree with a low IQ, you certainly know that> I didn't say she uses good sense, she doesn't anymore than Obama, but her IQ is certainly not low and you may not like her debating, that is your opinion: mine, she is a good debater, that is how she got some traction for a short while. NO, I do not support her, never did and wish she would just go away, but I will never understand how some people can't be objective enough to see more than one side of a story.
Um, thousands of people get law degrees with a low IQ. Bottom tier law schools will take anyone, because it's a huge cash inflow for the school. She went to basically the lowest ranked law school in the nation. It's barely accredited.

Had she gone to Harvard or Yale Law, I might agree with you.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You can from Oral Roberts University (the program was so strong there it no longer even exists)
It's now part of Regent University - one of the most conservative Christian universities in the nation. But their law school is still at the bottom of the heap and barely accredited. It's a total joke.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
It's simple! They (many people) don't want to be fair or objective...and/or open-minded. Michele is too much of a nice Lady to be involved with the Sordid swines in politics.

But, Bachmann is not dumb...and neither is Palin. They have both made a big positive difference in contributing much Christian ethics in the 'dirty' arena and corruption of today's vile system.
Ah yes, Palin's out of wedlock grandchildren and her sexual escapades with black men are quality "Christian ethics".

Maybe in Fundieland where hypocrisy and ignorance reign supreme.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:48 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,227,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Ah yes, Palin's out of wedlock grandchildren and her sexual escapades with black men are quality "Christian ethics".

Maybe in Fundieland where hypocrisy and ignorance reign supreme.
I didn't realize having alleged sex with other races was not Christian-like???

Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections