Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,365 times

Advertisements

...and every time these naysayers posting about earmarks pretend as if they are "shocked", when they already know the truth about it or even if they didn't, a simple Google search would have given them the answers they want. But, I guess the idea is to "shock" folks new to Paul and try to turn them away. But HEY, those who already know Paul don't turn their backs on him, and you can't scare away those new to Paul, because Paul supporters are here to refute and explain all allegations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 08:48 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
His strategic earmarks are great. He's the only person in congress(maybe history) that uses them in a manor that HELPS the people, and not special interest. Go ahead, read into it more.

Every time someone thinks they are exposing Paul for using earmarks, they end up with a load of egg on their face. I have no problem with opponents trying to use it against him LOL!
So, they're only pork when the other guy uses them? What do you call ethanol subsidies?

Seeing as how Paul is in second place, I think we might be hearing more about it during the debate when he'll only have a minute to explain why they are okay for him to request and I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that it won't be brought up by a fellow candidate but by a moderator.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Very interesting. I don't have time to read the details, but this blows my mind. I am shocked that some of his opponents haven't caught on to this. I have a gut feeling they will before long.

Thanks Laura,

Nita
You don't have time to read it but it blows your mind. LMAO

Ron Paul has been doing this for a long time. I'd bet $10,000 his opponents know it and they won't bring this up if they are smart. Their constituents would say "why don't YOU get us our money back like Ron Paul does?"

Old 12-14-2011, 09:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You don't have time to read it but it blows your mind. LMAO

Ron Paul has been doing this for a long time. I'd bet $10,000 his opponents know it and they won't bring this up if they are smart. Their constituents would say "why don't YOU get us our money back like Ron Paul does?"
Believe me I will read it when I get home from a bridge luncheon today. I am about to leave now...

Nita

Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Believe me I will read it when I get home from a bridge luncheon today. I am about to leave now...

Nita
Have fun.
I hope you fully understand what this is about after reading the slanted article, although I think the simple explanations in the posts on this thread fully explain it.
Why have someone in Washington decide how to spend money in a certain part of Texas? People in Texas know how to spend the money more efficiently. FEMA ring a bell? If they don't they can be voted out of office. How can you vote someone from another state out of office if you are in Texas?
I hope you know earmarks don't increase funds. It is money that is already allocated.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:50 AM

865 posts, read 676,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, they're only pork when the other guy uses them? What do you call ethanol subsidies?

Seeing as how Paul is in second place, I think we might be hearing more about it during the debate when he'll only have a minute to explain why they are okay for him to request and I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that it won't be brought up by a fellow candidate but by a moderator.
But he hasn't used them like that. He uses them to keep accountability on funds being spent by the congress, when the bills themselves are written in a manor that wouldn't keep track of the expenditures.

Basically, he uses an earmark to create a receipt on funding, and prevent blank check spending.

I know a lot of people who haven't read his earmarks want to spin this into something that it is not, but once you look into the details, he hasn't done anything "pork".

Old 12-14-2011, 09:52 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
But he hasn't used them like that. He uses them to keep accountability on funds being spent by the congress, when the bills themselves are written in a manor that wouldn't keep track of the expenditures.

Basically, he uses an earmark to create a receipt on funding, and prevent blank check spending.

I know a lot of people who haven't read his earmarks want to spin this into something that it is not, but once you look into the details, he hasn't done anything "pork".
This...

And if this is the only "dirt" that can be dug up....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections