Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:33 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times

Advertisements

Mr. never-wrong is going out on a limb this time by calling the race with so many unknowns yet to be determined. Point #5, 'economy not in recession,' is arguably laughable. We still have U-6 employment over 15 pct. and 15 trillion debt with no plan of paying it down.

Wait til July or August and then see what Mr. never-wrong says. What happens if Condi Rice gets in as VP?

Intrade has 'Obama re-elected' at 51.4 percent, and they have a very good prediction record as well. OP if you really are convinced, go on Intrade, place your bet, and come back & tell us how much you have put down. I won't hold my breath waiting for that post....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 04:08 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Allan Lichtman: Never-Wrong Pundit Predicts 2012 Win for Obama

Same thing happened with the 2008 race. You couldn't tell from listening to right wing radio and fox news but people tried to tell them. The same now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Lets look at some of these points closely :

Funny there is 3 or 4 {R}s candidates polling well against Obama.

Is the writer or the OP clairvoyant? nobody knows if Trump or Paul will run 3rd party or maybe someone else who knows?

Once again we have not seen what 2012 will bring so how could this be point Obama?

Lets see how fast and furious shakes out and keep and mind the {R}s will be running the connection between Obama and Corzine. Like the first person they called before the stimulus was Corzine.

Once again this could be a whole different story in 2012 the ME and other places are a powder keg looking for a spark.
This prediction is way to premature and it is amazing that anyone with a ounce of intelligence would eat this nonsense up.

Here is my breakdown of every point given to Obama ... in blue.

2) There is no serious challenger for the incumbent party nomination. Point Obama.

Really? I believe that is a biased opinion and he is not taking Ron Paul seriously enough, a congressman who has been elected how many times? The fact is if Dr. Paul can win the nomination, he would have a much easier time beating Obama now that Obama is the incumbent dictator and war-hawk and Paul has the peace and liberty platform the way that Obama did last time. And Obama messed that up so now everyone knows he is a liar and so his disapproval rating is lower than any POTUS since Carter.

Again the other republican candidates Obama stands a much better chance, and i believe that is the whole point anyway. Something tells me the powers that be in both parties want Obama to win again, and that is why the competition is so bad this time around, that is accepting the good Dr. himself, but the GOP leaders and the press have done everything they can to keep him from winning the nomination, so we will just have to wait and see about this one.

3) The incumbent party candidate is the sitting president. Point Obama.

I don't think this matters as much especially when the presidents aproval ratings are as low as they are now(funny how that doesn't figure into it at all), but who knows ... Whatever.

4) There is no significant third party challenger. Point Obama.

As swingblade noted above, this is a little premature don't you think?

5) The economy is not in a recession during the election campaign. Push (Lichtman declares this one “undecided.”)

Excuse me ... This is just a lie. The country is almost in a depression and is heading that way fast, this is just hogwash!

6) Real per capita economic growth during the past term is at least equal to mean growth during the previous two terms. Point Republicans.

Federal spending has increased more and the debt has grown more during Obama's term than at any other time in history. I just wanted to note that the above is an understatement of the issues at hand this time around ...

7) The incumbent administration pushes through major national policy changes. Point Obama.

What the NDAA and Obamacare? What good has he done? Again, Hogwash!

8) There is no sustained social unrest during the previous term. Point Obama.

What, hello ... OWS! what the hell do you call that? And his term still has a year to go and it is only growing around the world. Is this man living under a rock?

9) The incumbent administration has no major scandals. Point Obama.

Nothing that is being picked up on by the press, if you ask me there are plenty of scandals that are going on right now in the Obama administration. But since the sold out MSM will not pick up on them, ill concede this point.

10) The incumbent administration suffers no major foreign/military affairs failure. Point Obama.

What about the drone getting lost over in Iran and his failure to close gitmo? I think those were big failures, and his handling of his office was just another example of the misuse of the office by starting undeclared wars and committing assassination on foreign soil in the open. Foolish Americans may think that is a good thing, but that is what causes terrorism in this world, its called blowback, and it will come back to haunt us, and i think people are beginning to wake up to that fact, so i will not concede this point.

11) The incumbent administration achieves a major success in foreign/military affairs. Point Obama.

Again, i believe this to be slanted, but the Media paints this picture, so i will concede the point.

13) The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero. Point Obama.

Again, i beg to differ, Ron Paul is both charismatic and a national hero, he has been striving for peace and sound economic policy and liberty for nearly 30 years now, set apart from the rest of the professional politicians in Washington by not only his pristine voting record, but also by his courageous lone wolf stance against the military industrial complex and big banks and their corrupting influence in our government. Many people see this man as a hero, that is why he has such a massive grass roots support structure. Again the professor is either living under a rock and is out of touch this time or he is just hedging his bets and using his past achievements to create more confidence in the sitting president because he is obviously taking certain things for granted and completely ignoring others.

And although Dr. Paul is getting on in years and is no spring chicken, and even though he is not mr. tall dark and hansom, or even extremely eloquent in his expression of his ideas ... he is extremely charismatic in the sense of his honor and his dedication to his beliefs and in the sense of this consistency and humility and persistence. This Guy is a true statesmen, and people know it, although many of the people who do know it don't like it.

If Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination, i do not concede this point, if he does not, then i do ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-19-2011 at 04:27 AM..

Old 12-19-2011, 07:14 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Let me revisit point 7
Quote:
7) The incumbent administration pushes through major national policy changes. Point Obama.
If the SC rules that the individual mandate is un constitutional then Obamacare becomes null and void because it falls apart without the mandate. If the writer was referring to Dodd/Frank as a major policy change that fixes the financial sector he is mistaken. Unless of course if there is people dumb enough, oh wait there is never mind

Old 12-19-2011, 12:32 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Here is my breakdown of every point given to Obama ... in blue.

2) There is no serious challenger for the incumbent party nomination. Point Obama.

Really? I believe that is a biased opinion and he is not taking Ron Paul seriously enough, a congressman who has been elected how many times? The fact is if Dr. Paul can win the nomination, he would have a much easier time beating Obama now that Obama is the incumbent dictator and war-hawk and Paul has the peace and liberty platform the way that Obama did last time. And Obama messed that up so now everyone knows he is a liar and so his disapproval rating is lower than any POTUS since Carter.

Again the other republican candidates Obama stands a much better chance, and i believe that is the whole point anyway. Something tells me the powers that be in both parties want Obama to win again, and that is why the competition is so bad this time around, that is accepting the good Dr. himself, but the GOP leaders and the press have done everything they can to keep him from winning the nomination, so we will just have to wait and see about this one.

3) The incumbent party candidate is the sitting president. Point Obama.

I don't think this matters as much especially when the presidents aproval ratings are as low as they are now(funny how that doesn't figure into it at all), but who knows ... Whatever.

4) There is no significant third party challenger. Point Obama.

As swingblade noted above, this is a little premature don't you think?

5) The economy is not in a recession during the election campaign. Push (Lichtman declares this one “undecided.â€)

Excuse me ... This is just a lie. The country is almost in a depression and is heading that way fast, this is just hogwash!

6) Real per capita economic growth during the past term is at least equal to mean growth during the previous two terms. Point Republicans.

Federal spending has increased more and the debt has grown more during Obama's term than at any other time in history. I just wanted to note that the above is an understatement of the issues at hand this time around ...

What the NDAA and Obamacare? What good has he done? Again, Hogwash!

8) There is no sustained social unrest during the previous term. Point Obama.

What, hello ... OWS! what the hell do you call that? And his term still has a year to go and it is only growing around the world. Is this man living under a rock?

9) The incumbent administration has no major scandals. Point Obama.

Nothing that is being picked up on by the press, if you ask me there are plenty of scandals that are going on right now in the Obama administration. But since the sold out MSM will not pick up on them, ill concede this point.

10) The incumbent administration suffers no major foreign/military affairs failure. Point Obama.

What about the drone getting lost over in Iran and his failure to close gitmo? I think those were big failures, and his handling of his office was just another example of the misuse of the office by starting undeclared wars and committing assassination on foreign soil in the open. Foolish Americans may think that is a good thing, but that is what causes terrorism in this world, its called blowback, and it will come back to haunt us, and i think people are beginning to wake up to that fact, so i will not concede this point.

11) The incumbent administration achieves a major success in foreign/military affairs. Point Obama.

Again, i believe this to be slanted, but the Media paints this picture, so i will concede the point.

13) The challenging party candidate is not charismatic or a national hero. Point Obama.

Again, i beg to differ, Ron Paul is both charismatic and a national hero, he has been striving for peace and sound economic policy and liberty for nearly 30 years now, set apart from the rest of the professional politicians in Washington by not only his pristine voting record, but also by his courageous lone wolf stance against the military industrial complex and big banks and their corrupting influence in our government. Many people see this man as a hero, that is why he has such a massive grass roots support structure. Again the professor is either living under a rock and is out of touch this time or he is just hedging his bets and using his past achievements to create more confidence in the sitting president because he is obviously taking certain things for granted and completely ignoring others.

And although Dr. Paul is getting on in years and is no spring chicken, and even though he is not mr. tall dark and hansom, or even extremely eloquent in his expression of his ideas ... he is extremely charismatic in the sense of his honor and his dedication to his beliefs and in the sense of this consistency and humility and persistence. This Guy is a true statesmen, and people know it, although many of the people who do know it don't like it.

If Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination, i do not concede this point, if he does not, then i do ...
Am I the only one getting tired of this Paul stuff? Start your own thread and ask why everyones favorite supposed independent is a republican who can never even win his own parties nomination?

Old 12-19-2011, 12:44 PM

504 posts, read 1,270,937 times
Some of you need to learn what the word "incumbent" means, especially when used in the phrase "incumbent party nomination".

Old 12-19-2011, 01:00 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,017,645 times
He's never wrong, but I'm always right.

Obama loses. Big.

Old 12-19-2011, 01:07 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,575 times
Quote:

Same thing happened with the 2008 race. You couldn't tell from listening to right wing radio and fox news but people tried to tell them. The same now

Well you can tell Allan that I am the swing vote. Myself, and others like me, WE decide who wins elections.

...and there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that I'll vote for Obama again. NO. WAY.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:

there is a first time for everything, but thanks for letting us know who is going to win. I guess we don't need to even bother with campaigns or voting, right?

Old 12-19-2011, 02:43 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
He's never wrong, but I'm always right.

Obama loses. Big.

See ya in November.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:44 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
LOL, and I guess Mr. Obama can donate his $1 billion campaign war chest to help the homeless. Alliance to End Homelessness estimates US homeless pop. at about 650,000, so that would be a nice $1500 check for every homeless man, woman, and child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections