Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 05:49 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,087,593 times

Advertisements

The Governor is worried about Iowa losing its place as the first to vote on the primary calendar. Iowa shouldn't vote first all of the time but not because of Ron Paul. It's time for some kind of rotation system where all of the states eventually have a chance to be among the early voting states. Iowa, NH, SC shouldn't be winnowing our GOP candidates every stinkin' Presidential election.

I'm not voting for Ron Paul but if my candidate doesn't win Iowa I would like it to be someone other than Newt Romney. I would like to see three different candidates win the first three states to make those of us in states who vote later on down the line more relevant in the primary process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 05:51 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,313,302 times
The governor governs a loser state. He's used to being a loser. Isn't 2nd place considered the 1st loser?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:51 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,200,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Man, the Republicans and Democrats alike are absolutely TERRIFIED of what would happen if Paul became the nominee.
I dunno MSDNC has been all about some Dr. Ron Paul the past couple weeks. It's been nothing but a love-fest for the guy over there.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
I dunno MSDNC has been all about some Dr. Ron Paul the past couple weeks. It's been nothing but a love-fest for the guy over there.
It's pretty clever. Give Paul enough support to splinter to GOP and pull that support at just the right time. Once the GOP is at the point of no return, jam the airwaves with his "racist" newsletters and associating it to the racism and "failures of the free market". Unfortunately, the genie will be out of the bottle by then. The Blue Republicans are proof of that. Unfortunately, they're pretty stupid to even bother supporting Paul with this thought process because the newsletters will get zero traction, just like they got zero traction 4 years ago. Even extremely "progressive" folks I've candidly talk to agree with the spirit of the newsletters. They just won't say it publicly for fear of their careers or jeopardizing their social circles. Also, by then, he will have captured the attention of the anti-war, pro-gay, pro-drug civil rights crowd. It will force Obama to campaign in California, NY, PA, and spend enormous amounts of time defending what are supposed to be true lock Dem states.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:06 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,543,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Paul can always run as an independent. If he can win no matter what, why not do it?

Oh sorry, that's a blinding flash of the obvious.
Thats what I don't get. If he is such a rebel why is he in this hateful all the way for the complete power of the rich party? Plus he had to be supporting all their ideas all these years to keep favor in HIS chosen party? Why has the tea party that he supposedly started abandoned him for newt?

Old 12-21-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Thats what I don't get. If he is such a rebel why is he in this hateful all the way for the complete power of the rich party?
Paul is not running as a Democrat, it just looks that way because he's stealing your anti-war pro-drug votes.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:22 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,482,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Well is ralph nader running as a green party candidate again ?
Last time he was the Independent Candidate.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:22 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,741,615 times
The truth is Ron Paul won't be able to get the Republicans and Democrats in the Senate and Congress to support him. He can't push through ANY of his ideas without them.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:29 PM

27,712 posts, read 16,209,517 times
I'm thinking the gop would rather have Obama for 4 more years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections