Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 03:54 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,639,791 times

Advertisements

“I would prefer Ron Paul as president to Newt Gingrich,” Coulter affirmed. “And what you say about Ron Paul is — I think, just to clarify — he’s fantastic on domestic policy. You just want to kind of keep him away from foreign policy, and in terms of foreign policy, doing nothing like Ron Paul wants to do is better than doing bad stuff like our president wants to do.

(bolded mine)

Ann Coulter: I Would Prefer Ron Paul Over Newt Gingrich | Video | TheBlaze.com

I think most people recognize and appreciate Paul's fantastic domestic policy and what great things he can do for our economy and freedoms, but many are still leery of his foreign policy. But, I think Ann Coulter has made a very good point in that sometimes doing less is better than doing more. Or, as doctors' ascribe to when taking the hippocratic oath - Do no harm. Something to think about...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 04:13 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,562,225 times
Like anyone would pay attention to what Mr. Coulter says.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Like anyone would pay attention to what Mr. Coulter says.
Actually, many people are interested in what Ann Coulter has to say. Who are you to dismiss her? She gets published. You don't.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:31 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Actually, many people are interested in what Ann Coulter has to say. Who are you to dismiss her? She gets published. You don't.
The same people that think Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh have valid opinions, which doesn't include the educated part of the populace. Ann Coulter is a horrible human being who uses hate to make herself rich.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:54 PM

372 posts, read 1,043,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The same people that think Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh have valid opinions, which doesn't include the educated part of the populace. Ann Coulter is a horrible human being who uses hate to make herself rich.
I don't think this any full-scale endorsement and as a RP supporter I think that's good - Coulter makes me cringe whenever he speaks, even when he has a point.

One thing I don't get - Coulter says he doesn't like Paul's mind-your-own business (isolationist) policy in the ME, but "it's better than Obama's"? What does that mean? Paul wants 0 wars, Most of the Repubs want at least 2 (Afghanistan, Iran), Obama has 1 going so far (Afghanistan). What's he saying? No intervention is better than some intervention, but not as good as all out intervention?

Old 12-20-2011, 05:02 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And she is very rich, along with Glenn Becker and Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the talk-radio/Faux News cabal, because the dolts that actually care what they have to say are driven by nothing more than irrational hate and bitterness.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:05 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,472 times
I like Ron Paul...Don't know yet if I would vote for him, but if nothing else he's real and genuine and honest. Too bad Ann the Man is polluting his good name by saying she supports him!

I almost wonder if this is a ploy...Ann the Mann knows how hated he is and nobody other than maybe Sean Crappity cares one bit what he has to say, so I almost think Ann the Mann is purposely 'supporting' Ron Paul because he knows it will turn some people away from Paul and towards the Gingrinch, whom I really think Ann the Mann wants to win!

Old 12-20-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
I like Ron Paul...Don't know yet if I would vote for him, but if nothing else he's real and genuine and honest. Too bad Ann the Man is polluting his good name by saying she supports him!

I almost wonder if this is a ploy...Ann the Mann knows how hated he is and nobody other than maybe Sean Crappity cares one bit what he has to say, so I almost think Ann the Mann is purposely 'supporting' Ron Paul because he knows it will turn some people away from Paul and towards the Gingrinch, whom I really think Ann the Mann wants to win!
WOW! Quite the tap dance!

Old 12-20-2011, 07:41 PM

127 posts, read 83,573 times
Quote:
“I would prefer Ron Paul as president to Newt Gingrich,” Coulter affirmed. “And what you say about Ron Paul is — I think, just to clarify — he’s fantastic on domestic policy. You just want to kind of keep him away from foreign policy, and in terms of foreign policy, doing nothing like Ron Paul wants to do is better than doing bad stuff like our president wants to do.

(bolded mine)

I think most people recognize and appreciate Paul's fantastic domestic policy and what great things he can do for our economy and freedoms, but many are still leery of his foreign policy. But, I think Ann Coulter has made a very good point in that sometimes doing less is better than doing more. Or, as doctors' ascribe to when taking the hippocratic oath - Do no harm. Something to think about...
Because she knows Ron Paul is going to win the Iowa Caucus. After that, it's going to be landslide wins for Ron Paul starting with New hampshire.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:37 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:

(bolded mine)

Ahhhh, the kiss of death when it comes to Independent voters. And while I might disagree with some of Pauls ideas I cannot see anything Coulter and Paul have in common. This is just too strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections