Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 11:20 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,278,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He wont get any boost from Iowa, the person who ended up winning the nomination in 2008, finished 4th in Iowa. You Ron Paul supporters are ignoring history in exchange for fantasy land beliefs that have never taken place.
Just saying it's more unlikely Gingrich to get the nomination than Paul, that's it. Nothing personal, just business. Gingrich just isn't well liked or polished and he's a pathological cheater which doesn't swing in the south. Now turning to Romney, it would be VERY difficult for Paul to beat Romney no doubt. But, with the rising star in Iowa and national attention, coupled with a more libertarian mentality in NH...well, it could make for an interesting primary.

Quote:
Because they are 3rd tier candidates who focused all of their efforts on one state and ignore the rest of the country.
Bachman, Paul, Huntsman, Santorum, are examples of current candidates running primarily in 1 state with no national support.
So wait, Iowa matters again? Gosh, a Foxotron's heuristics are harder to decipher than the Obamatron's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 11:27 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Just saying it's more unlikely Gingrich to get the nomination than Paul, that's it. Nothing personal, just business. Gingrich just isn't well liked or polished and he's a pathological cheater which doesn't swing in the south. Now turning to Romney, it would be VERY difficult for Paul to beat Romney no doubt. But, with the rising star in Iowa and national attention, coupled with a more libertarian mentality in NH...well, it could make for an interesting primary.
And Paul has made numerous stupid statements like proclaiming its ok to discriminate against blacks which makes him completely unelectable. Its stupid to pretend the general public wont vote for a pathological lier who cheats on his wife is stupid.

Hell, Grover Cleveland fathered a child out of wedlock right before he was elected president, and do we really need to bring up Clinton?
Quote:
So wait, Iowa matters again? Gosh, a Foxotron's heuristics are harder to decipher than the Obamatron's.
FAIL. Iowa matters when its EVERYTHING YOU HAVE.. This would describeb 3rd tier candidates, not those leading the NATIONAL polls
Btw, the other poster did say newt would lose in New Hampshire to Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Gingrich is destined to implode once he loses to Ron Paul in both Iowa and New Hampshire. The race will come down to Ron Paul and Mitt Romney in the end.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:28 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,930 times
Quote:
Paul wont win New Hampshire

If you think any boost in Iowa will give Paul enough of a boost in any other state, you are smoking dope.
Is that all you've got? You can't even give an intelligent response?

I already said that Ron Paul is looking at a strong second place finish in New Hampshire, not that he would win it. Read what I wrote again and try to comprehend.

The way the polls are looking now, Paul will get first in Iowa with Romney getting second. The reverse will take place in New Hampshire. This will position Romney and Paul as the two front runners going into South Carolina.

Romney's support is only lukewarm there and many in the South flat out reject him because he's a Mormon. Wrongly or not, that's the situation. Ron Paul is positioning himself as the alternative to Romney. The fact is, Gingrich will not have the funds or ground game to continue into South Carolina after two consecutive 3rd place finishes (possibly even lower). Gingrich will be an also ran by then.

The only wild card is Rick Perry. Perry has been polling really low, but he's the only other candidate besides Paul and Romney that even has enough money to compete.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:

I already said that Ron Paul is looking at a strong second place finish in New Hampshire, not that he would win it. Read what I wrote again and try to comprehend.

The way the polls are looking now, Paul will get first in Iowa with Romney getting second. The reverse will take place in New Hampshire. This will position Romney and Paul as the two front runners going into South Carolina.

Romney's support is only lukewarm there and many in the South flat out reject him because he's a Mormon. Wrongly or not, that's the situation. Ron Paul is positioning himself as the alternative to Romney. The fact is, Gingrich does not have the funds or ground game to continue into South Carolina after two consecutive 3rd place finishes (possibly even lower). Gingrich will be an also ran by then.

The only wild card is Rick Perry. Perry has been polling really low, but he's the only other candidate besides Paul and Romney that even has enough money to compete.
I forgot about that. Christians don't like mormons. Paul is deeply religious and Christian. Romney is not. A few stars have to align perfectly, but your scenario is plausible and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. Newt is a consistent cheater and I'm not so sure they'll go for him.

Hopefully Perry will not even be considered at that point or drop out.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Romney's support is only lukewarm there and many in the South flat out reject him because he's a Mormon. Wrongly or not, that's the situation. Ron Paul is positioning himself as the alternative to Romney. The fact is, Gingrich will not have the funds or ground game to continue into South Carolina after two consecutive 3rd place finishes (possibly even lower). Gingrich will be an also ran by then.

You call your fantasy land posting an intelligent posting? Because thats all you have as well. Ron Paul had a negative rating of 75%, and somehow you think he's going to win the nomination? Explain to me the math on this because I'm dying to see how your mind works..

Old 12-21-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
You call your fantasy land posting an intelligent posting? Because thats all you have as well. Ron Paul had a negative rating of 75%, and somehow you think he's going to win the nomination? Explain to me the math on this because I'm dying to see how your mind works..
Needs more cite. Also note the keyword "had". How old is your incoming cite?

Old 12-21-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Needs more cite. Also note the keyword "had". How old is your incoming cite?
newt has a 28 point lead over Paul in S Carolina and 41 points in Florida, 2 elections to be held after Iowa and New Hamphshire. And you think Paul will catch up and pass in those states with virtually no support to go on and win the nomination simply because he might win Iowa? oooh you guys crack me up. Care to go back and revisit who won Iowa again in 2008? Hint, it wasnt McCain

btw, thats as of today Paul Moves Into Lead in Iowa Forecast - NYTimes.com

The minute Paul get knocked out in S Carolina and Florida, he's toast.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
newt has a 28 point lead over Paul in S Carolina and 41 points in Florida, 2 elections to be held after Iowa and New Hamphshire. And you think Paul will catch up and pass in those states with virtually no support to go on and win the nomination simply because he might win Iowa? oooh you guys crack me up. Care to go back and revisit who won Iowa again in 2008? Hint, it wasnt McCain

btw, thats as of today Paul Moves Into Lead in Iowa Forecast - NYTimes.com

The minute Paul get knocked out in S Carolina and Florida, he's toast..
Paul couldn't win Florida because too many old farts rely on the SS entitlement and taxpayer subsidized health care. Where is the 75% disapproval. Did a "75" keyword search and couldn't find it.

Looking at today's numbers is what housebuying suckers did in 2005.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:53 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,930 times
Quote:
This is Ron Paul's actual campaign strategy. His methods have been working. Paul's currently ahead of Gingrich in Iowa and New Hampshire. Gingrich's fundraising has been abysmal up until his recent surge. He has no real staff and no real strategy for winning. He can't afford to lose twice to Ron Paul. It will destroy his credibility among establishment Republicans and his fund raising will plummet. You know this.

There are only two candidates that have the money to compete: Ron Paul and Mitt Romney. Rick Perry would make it three, but that's only if he stays in the race and according to you, that's not going to happen.

Ron Paul just has to keep it up for the long haul and push his national campaign into Super Tuesday. He already has staff in all the early states and money to back up his plan. It will come down to a two man race. At that point it's about delegate counts. The Republican Party changed the rules from winner takes all in the primaries. Even in states where Ron Paul loses, he'll still get delegates. He doesn't have to win every state.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Paul couldn't win Florida because too many old farts rely on the SS entitlement and taxpayer subsidized health care.
So because they are old farts, their vote doesnt matter?
Quote:
Where is the 75% disapproval. Did a "75" keyword search and couldn't find it.

Looking at today's numbers is what housebuying suckers did in 2005.
The you didnt look very hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections