Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:12 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times

Advertisements

What happens when candidates called by God drop out? – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

It’s been reported that Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum have all suggested that God called on them to enter the presidential race.

But here we are: Cain’s out. Bachmann’s out.

After returning to Texas to “reassess” his campaign, Perry announced he’s not throwing in the towel. Judging by his poor showing in the Iowa caucuses and the debates so far, however, many political experts think it’s just a matter of time.

The only one with supposed divine guidance who’s still in the race is Santorum.

So what gives? Did the candidates misread God’s supposed message? Does the defeat of a divinely-inspired candidate necessarily contradict a message from God?

You tell me! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 03:20 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
Just because God tells you to enter a contest doesn't necessarily mean that He's guaranteeing victory for you. It may be a trial that you need to go through for personal growth; or maybe you have a message that needs to be heard and this is the forum He's chosen for it.

This has been going on since the early days fo Judeo-Christian history. God called Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt, but did he make it to the promised land?

Old 01-05-2012, 03:21 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Just because God tells you to enter a contest doesn't necessarily mean that He's guaranteeing victory for you. It may be a trial that you need to go through for personal growth; or maybe you have a message that needs to be heard and this is the forum He's chosen for it.

This has been going on since the early days fo Judeo-Christian history. God called Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt, but did he make it to the promised land?
Are you actually comparing these MOPES to MOSES?

Old 01-05-2012, 03:24 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
That's the funniest thing I've heard all day

Most of them couldn't find themselves out of a paper
bag, let alone find....never mind LOL

Old 01-05-2012, 03:33 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
Quote:

I should follow up by saying that I don't necessarily believe that God actually called any or all of these people to run; more than likely they are like most Christians, they do what their egos tell them to do and convince themselves that it's the voice of God speaking.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:36 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
I have no idea why god only talks to idiots.

Apparently god has told Pat Robertson who will win in 2012.

Pat won't share this knowledge with us.

Pat Robertson's 2012 Predictions - YouTube

Of course, god backs various candidates in mysterious ways, as reported in the Daily Show (you can see all the losers thank god one by one):

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...s=synd_twitter

Last edited by calmdude; 01-05-2012 at 04:02 PM..

Old 01-05-2012, 05:15 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
I have no idea why god only talks to idiots.

Apparently god has told Pat Robertson who will win in 2012.

Pat won't share this knowledge with us.

Pat Robertson's 2012 Predictions - YouTube

Of course, god backs various candidates in mysterious ways, as reported in the Daily Show (you can see all the losers thank god one by one):

Indecision 2012 - GOP Almighty - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 01/04/12 - Video Clip | Comedy Central
God told me too.....and my wife thinks i'm an idiot......God told me not to share the info because he doesn't want me to spoil the surprise for the rest of you....in November I will reveal that I was right and you all will 'know' I am a prophet(well perhaps no one here is that stupid...but you never know)

Old 01-05-2012, 05:42 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
What happens when candidates called by God drop out? – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

It’s been reported that Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Michele Bachmann and Rick Santorum have all suggested that God called on them to enter the presidential race.

But here we are: Cain’s out. Bachmann’s out.

After returning to Texas to “reassess” his campaign, Perry announced he’s not throwing in the towel. Judging by his poor showing in the Iowa caucuses and the debates so far, however, many political experts think it’s just a matter of time.

The only one with supposed divine guidance who’s still in the race is Santorum.

So what gives? Did the candidates misread God’s supposed message? Does the defeat of a divinely-inspired candidate necessarily contradict a message from God?

You tell me! Thanks
God has a peculiar sense of humor.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:45 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times
Don't listen to the voices in your head.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Maybe god calls them to run so that he can watch them debate before making a final decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections