Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:02 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The establishment probably wanted Hillary, while Obama pushed for Hope and won. Now, I'm not saying that you've the right to be delusional... if anything my best wishes are with Ron Paul. He is one of two candidates in the gang presented to the nation by the party of "principles and values", that I can stand and respect.
The establishment wanted Obama, that's why he won and kept on doing exactly what the establishment wanted. You know, war, bail outs of billionaires, torture, NDAA, PATRIOT Act, ect. It seems some will take their murderous thug of a president as long as he continues the welfare at home. You can trade you individual rights if you like. To me that's not acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 10:07 PM

535 posts, read 585,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This has to be one of the weirdist responses to a posting I have ever seen. A Pres job, no matter who he/she is does not consiist of vetoing every bill for heaven's sake. We would end up, after 4 years with nothing and I mean nothing accomplished, not to mention we elect Presidents in our country not ditators. And what the heck does this have to do with talking to your neighbors, whether on your block or around the world?

NIta

WE HAVE BEEN WORSE OFF EVERY 4, EVERY 8 , YEARS AFTER THEY ARE DONE "GETTING THINGS DONE"

We are not better off... WE ARE WORSE OFF.

To say we are better off after they leave is the most inaccurate thing I've ever heard. Almost anyone would agree we would of been better off if they just slept in and went golfing, not passing any bills.

Name one good bill that INCREASED INDIVIDUAL AMERICANS FREEDOM in the past 10 years?

It amazes me how people believe humans should live in a bee hive colony type of country.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:00 PM

791 posts, read 460,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undfan View Post
And how do you know God didn't send Ron Paul to end the death and destruction caused by the Empire builders and lead his people (the US) out of the bondage of the financial wilderness. Be careful to whom you continually bare false witness against - not wise.
An excellent point!

Old 01-14-2012, 09:16 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
He nibbled on jelly beans, not sunflower seeds

Reagan took up the sugar fix after getting
rid of his smoking habit.

"You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." - President Ronald Reagan

I think Paul's age is irrelevant in the scope of things:

Life expectancy at the turn of the century was approximately 46 years...by 2050, 40 percent of the population will be older than 50...for the first time in history, seniors will outnumber children and youth.

The over-85 age group is the fasting-growing segment of the population.

The Evolution of the Aging Population

As long as RP is of sound mind, there should be no "real" concern he'll loose his mind or drop dead in the next 4-5 years....
A vote for Paul really is a sign for the US to grow up;
e.g. fiscally, militarily, socially - the aging of America in a good way
I probably know a lot more about Ronald Reagan than you could ever know. First of all he ate very few jelly beans, they were on his desk yes, but it was more a subject of fun, not to be taken seriously. He did not drink alcohol at all, he quit smoking zillions of years ago, (certainly before 1973) he still chopped wood in his early 80s and rode horses until his desease put an end to that. You don't need to attact just to make your candidate look better. No one is saying Paul isn't a health nut, I am pointing out Reagan was as well.

As for living longer and healthier, I am very much aware of that. I live in a community that was, at one time a retirement community. I play bridge with people who are in their 90s and I have a good friend who still bowls at 80. One of the guys on her team is 92. I am just agreeing he would be the olderst man elected and this is something to think about. Do you really think this should not be a concern at all? Heck, I know people who thought McCain was too old to be considered. I certainly am not saying, age should be the only thing that should make someone not vote for a candidate, but it is something to think about. As a retired dietician, I will tell you one more thing: nibbling on sunflower seeds all day is not all that healthy.
They are loaded with sodium.
Nita

Old 01-14-2012, 09:26 AM

232 posts, read 152,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
He will be older when he tries again in 2016 to run on a republican ticket.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result"
- Einstein
Well you are already being proven wrong. He is getting different results do you now watch the news? 3rd in Iowa,2nd in NH more than like 1st or 2nd in SC as well.I can't wait for DeMint to endorse him.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissent View Post
Well you are already being proven wrong. He is getting different results do you now watch the news? 3rd in Iowa,2nd in NH more than like 1st or 2nd in SC as well.I can't wait for DeMint to endorse him.
First in SC? What polls are you watching?

Nita

Old 01-14-2012, 12:24 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
We have to first get rid of the only Marxist that was elected in US History, then there is a chance for the oldest to be elected.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:32 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotwhoyouthinkiam View Post
As long as he can still write "VETO" to everything that comes to his desk. It would be the most suitably stable and firmly growing economy ever seen in the last 100 years. No individual or corporation lay in fear of a law being passed taking them out of business. You'd probably even see people talking to their neighbors again.
I see how ideology comes before the good of the country. We already had two recent examples of republican presidents with mind of a child, reagun and bush.

Brings up an interesting point. What is Paul's inner circle going to look like? If he ends up like reagun we should know now who is in his cabinet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections