Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,875,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I think the bigger issue is the reason his family was in Mexico. They went there to avoids laws in the US that prohibited polygamy.
Oh for heaven's sake, how do you know this to be true and how many years ago was this?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
My problem is that questions, like birth certificates, should be non-issues. I would like to think that we have agencies that do thorough background checks on all of our candidates. We pay the Secret Service, CIA and FBI to protect us. Our President commands our military and can launch a nuclear holocaust. Maybe I’m wrong - but I would like to think that there are some things that money cannot buy.

I would prefer if we did complete background checks on all candidates running for even the lowest positions in government. Furthermore; I would like to hear some of these protective agencies come forward and tell us that our candidates failed their background checks.
Don't you think they have already done a complete background check and do you have any idea who does this? Certainly the CIA has nothing to do with background checks on people running for public office nor does the secret service...

No one is buying a background check, anyone who thinks differently is watching too many movies or too much TV!!!

I think this entire posting is a joke. As mentioned his father ran, Romney was born in Mich and no, he is not an illegal. What next, is someone going to try and say, because he is a Mormon he has 17 wives and they will all meet in heaven if they haven't already??? Or was than 72 virgins?

Nita

Old 01-14-2012, 11:04 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,268,189 times
I don't give a rat's patooty about Romney's birth certificate.

I do, however, want to see his tax returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You need to look into this allegation a little closer:

He hired a company that was an American company to do his gardening: they hired illegals (he did not) he later fired the company when he learned this.

NIta
Oh, yes, the infamous quote: "I'm running for office, for Pete's sake, I can't have illegals."

Kind of sounds to me like his only concern about having illegals working on his yard was how it would look for the campaign.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:17 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,760,182 times
Some of you folks need to recognize tongue in cheek LOL!

Old 01-14-2012, 12:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
Oh for heaven's sake, how do you know this to be true and how many years ago was this?

Nita
It's true; you can look it up anywhere. (I don't have time to google it right now, sorry.) It doesn't matter, however.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:21 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,184,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's true; you can look it up anywhere. (I don't have time to google it right now, sorry.) It doesn't matter, however.

It was over a hundred years ago. It is not a crime to move to another country and then come back to the US to live last I checked. It wasn't even over a hundred years ago.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I don't give a rat's patooty about Romney's birth certificate.

I do, however, want to see his tax returns.

Oh, yes, the infamous quote: "I'm running for office, for Pete's sake, I can't have illegals."

Kind of sounds to me like his only concern about having illegals working on his yard was how it would look for the campaign.
could be, we will never know why he fired them. As for his tax returns, you are a liberal, you are not going to support him so why do you care and what difference does it make what his tax returns say? I just don't understand all this.

Nita

Old 01-14-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
so you are saying his family lived in Mexico so they could practice polygamy? I haven't taken time to research this, I have my doubts as to whether this is true and like I said, even if it is, that was a million years ago. (well not quite)

Old 01-14-2012, 03:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
so you are saying his family lived in Mexico so they could practice polygamy? I haven't taken time to research this, I have my doubts as to whether this is true and like I said, even if it is, that was a million years ago. (well not quite)
Doubt no more.

Mitt Romney's Mormonism

I don't think it's important, either, which I already stated.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:28 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,481,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Why anyone wants a one per center in the White House is beyond me. Does anyone think he's going to be working for the 99%? Or will he be working for his cronies by keeping tax cuts for them (and himself) while the poor and middle class and the people on fixed income and Medicare get crapped on?
Romney's tax plan includes tax cuts for the middle class. It also includes tax cuts for some low-income people as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections