Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 03:38 PM

802 posts, read 564,177 times

Advertisements

Birth Certificate, college transcripts and thesis, senate records, etc .....concerned American citizens complained about Obama not releasing them and they had every right to do so. They wanted to know everything about the man that was running for president. Well, Mitt Romney is refusing to release his tax returns in a similar fashion. Rick Perry grades were released like George Bush, John Kerry and Al Gore and Donald Trump released his net worth to show transparency to the American people. With Mitt not doing this, will this help or hurt Mitt Romney?

Mitt Romney Says He Won't Release His Tax Returns

Facing a wave of scrutiny over his lucrative career in private equity, Mitt Romney made it clear this week that he is not going to add fuel to the fire.
In an interview with MSNBC's Chuck Todd yesterday, Romney said he has no plans to release his tax returns if he is the Republican nominee. He stuck with that line on the campaign trail in New Hampshire today.

Last edited by Steve McGarrett; 12-23-2011 at 03:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 03:39 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Why would he give Obama and the republican candidates more ammo to use against... are liberals that stupid to not understand that simple idea... or are they just trying to create smoke because they are that desperate...

Old 12-23-2011, 03:39 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Who cares? He's rich. I know it. You know it. It serves no purpose.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:42 PM

26,585 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
.....and Donald Trump released his tax returns....
he did? link?

Old 12-23-2011, 03:46 PM

26,585 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
. Rick Perry grades were released like George Bush, John Kerry and Al Gore.....
if i remember correctly all of those were leaked against the wishes of the individual. bush released some, not all, of his grades but only after others had been leaked.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:49 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,918 times
Quote:
Birth Certificate, college transcripts and thesis, senate records, etc .....concerned American citizens complained about Obama not releasing them and they had every right to do so. They wanted to know everything about the man that was running for president. Well, Mitt Romney is refusing to release his tax returns in a similar fashion. Rick Perry grades were released like George Bush, John Kerry and Al Gore and Donald Trump released his tax returns to show transparency to the American people. With Mitt not doing this, will this help or hurt Mitt Romney?

Mitt Romney Says He Won't Release His Tax Returns

Facing a wave of scrutiny over his lucrative career in private equity, Mitt Romney made it clear this week that he is not going to add fuel to the fire.
In an interview with MSNBC's Chuck Todd yesterday, Romney said he has no plans to release his tax returns if he is the Republican nominee. He stuck with that line on the campaign trail in New Hampshire today.
Yeah, it sure is a mystery whether or not someone who graduated magna *** laude got good grades ...

PS - Trump reneged on his agreement to release his tax returns.

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Well, to Mitt, those are religious documents.

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
I'm one of those who thinks that Presidential candidates should not have to release tax information. I have never held it against a man, or woman, who refused to do so.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:02 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I'm one of those who thinks that Presidential candidates should not have to release tax information. I have never held it against a man, or woman, who refused to do so.
My path was High School, short Navy stint, college, grad school. Got married in there somewhere. There are things I did as a kid that I wish I hadn't. But they also helped shape me as an adult. I was a good student, but not a 4.0. I made it all they way to CEO of my own company.

Other than verifying the validity of a candidates statements in general, I'd support the elimination of the witch hunt in its entirety. The media has had an adverse affect on the overall pool. Many qualified candidates refuse to put themselves under the microscope.

Most presidential candidates are old enough to have a record of achievement. I'm more interested in that than I am his high school math grade or if he inhaled at a frat party 40 years ago.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
My path was High School, short Navy stint, college, grad school. Got married in there somewhere. There are things I did as a kid that I wish I hadn't. But they also helped shape me as an adult. I was a good student, but not a 4.0. I made it all they way to CEO of my own company.

Other than verifying the validity of a candidates statements in general, I'd support the elimination of the witch hunt in its entirety. The media has had an adverse affect on the overall pool. Many qualified candidates refuse to put themselves under the microscope.

Most presidential candidates are old enough to have a record of achievement. I'm more interested in that than I am his high school math grade or if he inhaled at a frat party 40 years ago.
I agree. I'd be fine with a statement from the colleges they attended affirming their attendance and receipt of a degree.

I think tax returns should stay private, too. Perhaps their accountant or whoever could verify they paid the taxes they owed. Same with health info, a letter from the dr. attesting the person is in good enough health to run for POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections