Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 06:51 PM

9,895 posts, read 10,840,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
There, I finished it for you...
Well of course that is the only way you can justify why someone would not support Paul....unfortunately it doesnt work on me, otherwise I would be supporting Romney right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 07:01 PM

791 posts, read 461,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well of course that is the only way you can justify why someone would not support Paul....unfortunately it doesnt work on me, otherwise I would be supporting Romney right?
I don't care who you support, Silas... if it's a Republican he'll lose without the Paulites support...

Old 01-18-2012, 07:31 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,172,256 times
Quote:
Please...... I can only say this is akin to any time, any poll is taken in NASCAR, Dale Jr wins hands down, no matter the question, unfortunately that never equates to performance on the track for Jr. Paul is never going to be President, and we all are just patiently waiting for the primary to be over so those legitimate "sane" supporters of his will get on board with the actual nominee while the rest continue down the track on the crazy train.
That's not even close to being the same thing.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Zona Stona View Post
I don't care who you support, Silas... if it's a Republican he'll lose without the Paulites support...
If that were true...(I dont believe it is), then what does that tell you about the demographics of Pauls support? I'll tell you what it tells you........ It tells you that a large percentage of his support comes from people that would never vote for another republican, last go around Paul had the distinction of being the only republican who's supporters second choice or first was Dennis "crazytrain" Kucinich. Pauls numbers will continue to drop as the race goes on.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:48 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,494,628 times
Quote:
If that were true...(I dont believe it is), then what does that tell you about the demographics of Pauls support? I'll tell you what it tells you........ It tells you that a large percentage of his support comes from people that would never vote for another republican, last go around Paul had the distinction of being the only republican who's supporters second choice or first was Dennis "crazytrain" Kucinich. Pauls numbers will continue to drop as the race goes on.
I think knowledge is a catalyst for increasing Paul's support. The more people who start to hear/read about this guy, the faster and broader his support becomes.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:48 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,647,028 times
To be honest, I thought the Twitter thing was like what happens on American Idol and other such things where you get a gang of people organized and they vote like crazy for their candidate. It does happen. On American Idol,remember Taylor Hicks, the grey haired older fellow and his Soul Patrol followers that flattened the competition with votes for Taylor ?

thats what happened on Twitter. No body took it seriously, it was so skewed.

eta: I don't dislike Ron Paul. I dislike "some" of his ideas but not all.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:57 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,773,916 times
Quote:
go for it.......... I am going to go ahead and live in reality............ I used to think that any of the GOP candidates would be better than obama, but after watching and listening to Paul in the debates I dont believe that anymore.

Yeah, that is because you probably like the idea of killing innocent Muslims for their oil and pretending that it is because they have weapons of mass destruction, and all in the name of the "prince of peace" that you likely pretend to serve as well given your handle (just hazarding a guess) ... I'm sure you are one of those people who, along with the crowd in the recent SC debate, booed the golden rule.

Or maybe because you like the idea that we are losing our liberties bill after bill and that international globalist elitist bankers are in control of our government through their power over our monetary system and by the counterfeiting of currency.

Then again perhaps it is simply because you want America to become part of a one world government, G. W. Bush's brave new world order ...

Or maybe ... Its all of the above?

The "reality" that you fail to live in is that the status quo establishment bi-partisan professional progressive neo-conservative policies that control our government have failed and have ruined the state of the union.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-18-2012 at 09:06 PM..

Old 01-18-2012, 09:00 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,349,754 times
Quote:
Please...... I can only say this is akin to any time, any poll is taken in NASCAR, Dale Jr wins hands down, no matter the question, unfortunately that never equates to performance on the track for Jr. Paul is never going to be President, and we all are just patiently waiting for the primary to be over so those legitimate "sane" supporters of his will get on board with the actual nominee while the rest continue down the track on the crazy train.

I think you're going to be very disappointed with the number of "sane" people that jump on Romney's bandwagon. Sorry, Paul and Romney have very different philosophies. I don't see why you would expect people that support Paul to suddenly switch Romney unless you're just into Party cheerleading. This is our country, not a football team.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
I think you're going to be very disappointed with the number of "sane" people that jump on Romney's bandwagon. Sorry, Paul and Romney have very different philosophies. I don't see why you would expect people that support Paul to suddenly switch Romney unless you're just into Party cheerleading. This is our country, not a football team.
No delusions here ...as I said in another thread. Unlike all of the other candidates who know when they are out , I expect Paul to ride it to the bitter end.... I never said Romney did I ?

Old 01-18-2012, 09:10 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,349,754 times
Nope...that was just me inferring he's the presumptive nominee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections