Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Paul supporters wh would you vote for if you could not vote for Paul?
Romney 15 29.41%
Gingrich 8 15.69%
Santorum 2 3.92%
Obama 26 50.98%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 10:23 AM

58 posts, read 52,429 times

Advertisements

I'll write in his name like I did last time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 10:53 AM

674 posts, read 1,161,276 times
I'd vote for Obama. He would bring the end a lot quicker, GOP would just prolong the inevitable.

The sooner everything comes crashing down, the sooner we can rebuild and reunite.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:47 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
Ok folks, so heres the deal, one can just look at the poll results and understand, as another thread asks, (Why dont more people support Ron Paul?). Over 50% of the Paul supporters second choice is Obama, when you look at the next highest you see Romney, arguably the least Conservative of the Republican candidates. So if Paul were not in the race over 80% of his support would vote for the most liberal candidates in the race. Does any one really believe that Obama and Romney are more Libertarian than Gingrich or Santorum? Of course not! I am personally very Libertarian, but I have dealt with more hate and discontent from RonPaul supporters on this forum, than I have from Liberal democrats who I have virtually no common ground. Paul supporters seem to be stuck in the mind set of all or nothing, they dont understand that working with those who have common ground on somethings is better than getting nothing. Paul supporters and Libertarians in general would do well to go back and look at what Pat Robertson and the Christian Coalition did within the Republican party back in 88. Pat Buchanan in 92, forced Bush 41 to the right. Does any one really think that Paul is having that kind of influence today, no because it is obvious that his 11-15 % is not even made up of people that would otherwise vote Republican. I am speaking in general terms , I understand that there are some solid Conservatives who support Paul but it is obviously a very small percentage. I truly wish those folks would concentrate more on growing the "message", inside the party rather than the messenger, that is the only way you will see your ideology a reality.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:52 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,758,080 times
None of the above ...

Old 01-20-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
None of the above ...
"None of the above" is not going to be President

Old 01-20-2012, 03:01 PM

9,357 posts, read 14,299,663 times
First of all, friend, take your ideologies, republicans, democrats, liberals, conservatives and libertarians, and blow them all out your anus.

Either we have good policies for the economy on US soil, and leave moral social issues to God-given free will and remain silent on them in the political arena, or we don't.

Right now, at least as far as economic policy, the US ruling class is still in kleptocracy mode, and we don't.

As for these ideologies, republicans, democrats, liberals, conservatives and libertarians, I've never heard of them.

I look at the balance of power among men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
... common ground. Paul supporters seem to be stuck in the mind set of all or nothing ....
Yes, Paul supporters do have some common ground with the status-quo candidates. For example, low taxes.

But we don't necessarily need a president to do that, the current balance of power between the executive and legislative branches is fine, well, in a queasy way: the less those nincompoops mismanage to do, the better, exactly what the Constitution is designed to achieve; give them indigestion, I say, then open your biggest umbrella.

In the current environment, "none of the above" makes an okay, acceptable president.

We would need a strong, determined president, however, to push through something as momentous as monetary policy reform.

Last edited by bale002; 01-20-2012 at 03:20 PM..

Old 01-20-2012, 03:02 PM

791 posts, read 460,447 times
Quote:
Ok folks, so heres the deal, one can just look at the poll results and understand, as another thread asks, (Why dont more people support Ron Paul?). Over 50% of the Paul supporters second choice is Obama, when you look at the next highest you see Romney, arguably the least Conservative of the Republican candidates. So if Paul were not in the race over 80% of his support would vote for the most liberal candidates in the race. Does any one really believe that Obama and Romney are more Libertarian than Gingrich or Santorum? Of course not! I am personally very Libertarian, but I have dealt with more hate and discontent from RonPaul supporters on this forum, than I have from Liberal democrats who I have virtually no common ground. Paul supporters seem to be stuck in the mind set of all or nothing, they dont understand that working with those who have common ground on somethings is better than getting nothing. Paul supporters and Libertarians in general would do well to go back and look at what Pat Robertson and the Christian Coalition did within the Republican party back in 88. Pat Buchanan in 92, forced Bush 41 to the right. Does any one really think that Paul is having that kind of influence today, no because it is obvious that his 11-15 % is not even made up of people that would otherwise vote Republican. I am speaking in general terms , I understand that there are some solid Conservatives who support Paul but it is obviously a very small percentage. I truly wish those folks would concentrate more on growing the "message", inside the party rather than the messenger, that is the only way you will see your ideology a reality.
You need to go back, look at those results again, and then look at the posting histories of those folks that made a selection. I think it's pretty clear that most of those folks aren't RP supporters to begin with.

G-I-G-O....

Old 01-20-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
First of all, friend, take your ideologies, republicans, democrats, liberals, conservatives and libertarians, and blow them all out your anus.

Another Ron Paul supporter speaking to some one who believes in alot of Pauls Ideas...... but because I do not go 100% full retard, this is the treatment we get. good luck building a consensus bale, go ahead and languish in obscurity with your angry self.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
"None of the above" is not going to be President
What does that have to do with it? They are all the same if you ask me ...

Old 01-20-2012, 03:13 PM

One thing is for sure, the ONLY thing that could cause me to go out and actually cast my vote for Obama, is if Santorum some how manages to get the Nod ... That man is bat**** insane!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections