Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:18 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times

Advertisements

If your for the gold standard dont like the IRS, think we are broke and or think this government is oppressive be ready to be labelled a terrorist.
When exercising your constitutional rights becomes extreme to those in power please understand where this country is heading.
Government is no longer interested in protecting individuals only labeling and using force against them.

FBI warns of threat from anti-government extremists | Reuters

Appears we are the violent ones, spreading fear in the local law enforcement. The only one who can kill anyone at any time and get away with it right now is the President.

How long will it be before Americans are labelled terrorists, extremists when the nation falls into economic turnmoil.
Maybe a war with IRAN will make Gas 5 or 6 dollars a gallon.
I wonder how long it will take for law and order to start breaking down, or if hyperinflation kicks in. I wonder how long voices of reason and constititional rights will be suspended and people who look to punish the criminals in washington find new people to label terrorists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 09:45 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Your thread title is kinda misleading, they aren't calling anti-government people extremists they are specifically talking about "sovereign citizen" types the ones who refuse pay taxes, are not subject to government statues/law, do not recognize US currency, etc.

For that very small minority I think extremist is an appropriate term.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:06 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,331,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
If your for the gold standard dont like the IRS, think we are broke and or think this government is oppressive be ready to be labelled a terrorist.
When exercising your constitutional rights becomes extreme to those in power please understand where this country is heading.
Government is no longer interested in protecting individuals only labeling and using force against them.

Appears we are the violent ones, spreading fear in the local law enforcement. The only one who can kill anyone at any time and get away with it right now is the President.

How long will it be before Americans are labelled terrorists, extremists when the nation falls into economic turnmoil.
I wonder how long it will take for law and order to start breaking down, or if hyperinflation kicks in. I wonder how long voices of reason and constititional rights will be suspended and people who look to punish the criminals in washington find new people to label terrorists.
Dude, calm down. They're warning that among the many millions of people within the group of 'extremists', one just might snap. They're not labeling you, and they're not watching you. I'm sure agents have better things to do than sit around their offices with donuts and coffee and read the paranoid musings of people on C-D message boards.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

They have already locked Ron Paul up, but the people are screaming to let him out.

Give me Liberty, or give me Death!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:14 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Dude, calm down. They're warning that among the many millions of people within the group of 'extremists', one just might snap. They're not labeling you, and they're not watching you. I'm sure agents have better things to do than sit around their offices with donuts and coffee and read the paranoid musings of people on C-D message boards.
I don't know. Some of the wing nuts on C-D are very scary indeed.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Diagnosed with days to live....

Those are the one's to keep an eye on!

Old 02-07-2012, 11:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Your thread title is kinda misleading, they aren't calling anti-government people extremists they are specifically talking about "sovereign citizen" types the ones who refuse pay taxes, are not subject to government statues/law, do not recognize US currency, etc.

Thanks for posting the truth on this thread,, now back to the propaganda

Old 02-07-2012, 11:37 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:

Maybe you should look at the entire quote

sometimes known as "sovereign citizens,"

FBI agents said they do not have a tally of people who consider themselves "sovereign citizens."

PLENTY of people dont like the view of taxes and regulation of which is really the issue here. The Anti-government individuals since its not actually a REAL group of people is labeled an extremist and or self-defined label of sovereign citizen.

This is just a term of which really means according to the FBI is an extremist.
They are labelling extremists for the values and or ideas not for the actions!! Anti-government people arent attacking police every day and rioting in the streets or having protests and or theating police. Thou they are preparing for it and preparing for EXTREMIST anti-government people which is about 50% of the tea party at least when it was a valid group.
Most of the Ron Paul voters would be considered extremists. For the FBI to label people who dont have views of taxes, regulation and a sound currency as possible terrorists or violence that they need a counter terrorist response to this FBI warning should send you a signal.

Basically anti-government is extremist... is what this means. Be alert, get ready to use force to keep these people in line, be ready to label them terrorists because the IDEAS of liberty are dangerous to our system.
I would be more worried about the people in our government with the power to abuse law and order over innocent people and martial law.
See New Orleans, and any other natural disaster.
The government is bankrupting the nation not the people not the "extremists", the government is using force for taxation, the governmnet is spending and borrowing and imposing Obamacare, the government is force and now defending liberty and asking for constitututional government is extremism.

Maybe people need to read this... this is not the first time people who support Ron Paul, gold standard, and or anything else tea party etc weren't labelled terrorists and or extremist. Maybe they dont like people who think for themselves and who fight to preserve what is left of this country. You KNOW CONSERVATIVE.. to conserve!

‘Fusion center’ data draws fire over assertions | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri

Maybe FEMA calling the founding fathers terrorists should give you a clue as they train their field agents with this idealogy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPg9MdN9Gio

Old 02-07-2012, 06:01 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
One article certainly doesn't make a case, but I am truly surprised that people appear to either be in denial or unconcerned w/ trends that are taking place in this country. The erosion of personal liberties, the "militarization" and spying etc... I mean this is all over MCM news and in the public eye.

If you have young people especially, that you care about I do not see how you cannot be concerned w/ the way police procedures have evolved nationwide. Though some areas certainly are worse than others.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:29 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:

I actually just got around to reading the article.
The problem is the article says "sometimes referred to as"
The headline also states what they consider as extreme. "Anti-government extremists opposed to taxes and regulations pose a growing threat"

The news report I saw referring to a case had the officer then say they started then referring to the constitution. This is a very grey line. They try to make them sound violent and then expand the definition. It smells to high heaven I am sorry to say. Of course carting god knows who off as a terrorist threat is next.

They have training videos showing camping gear and cameras as suspicious and how to call it in to check w/o the person hearing. I can't believe officers buy this crap. They should be embarrassed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections