Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 11:58 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You are a true Christian. I knew they were out there
somewhere.

Certainly can't tell by the rhetoric coming from the
evangelical right of the GOP.

As a christian, i believe in living by the law of liberty and the unconditional love of Christ ... Not in forcing other to live up to my expectations and seeking to punish them for doing things that i disagree with even though they are not hurting anyone else.

Christ himself said, we must love our enemies in order to be the children of our father in heaven ... and that is exactly the best evidence against those who claim to be Christians and or Jews, but are not and do lie - those who are in truth the synagogue of Satan - they cannot and do not exhibit the unconditional love of God for all people in their lives, but instead are violent and live in condemnation over others. They are children of hell, according to Christ ... You will kow them by their words and their actions, you can judge a tree by its fruit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 12:15 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I am not going to judge him about his faith, because that is very genuine and admirable.

Using faith to promote hate and comparing consenting gay adults to man on dog is admirable?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:23 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
As a christian, i believe in living by the law of liberty and the unconditional love of Christ ... Not in forcing other to live up to my expectations and seeking to punish them for doing things that i disagree with even though they are not hurting anyone else.

Christ himself said, we must love our enemies in order to be the children of our father in heaven ... and that is exactly the best evidence against those who claim to be Christians and or Jews, but are not and do lie - those who are in truth the synagogue of Satan - they cannot and do not exhibit the unconditional love of God for all people in their lives, but instead are violent and live in condemnation over others. They are children of hell, according to Christ ... You will kow them by their words and their actions, you can judge a tree by its fruit.

Quote:
''but instead are violent and live in condemnation over others. They are children of hell, according to Christ ... You will kow them by their words and their actions, you can judge a tree by its fruit.''
__________________________________________________ _____________

Well, pal...You sure better look in the mirror. Why don't you realize those words you wrote ABOVE, apply to you also? Your words and actions are NOT loving in your posts on here!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Exactly, true Christianity is about freedom of choice, it is called "the law of liberty" in the new testament, and it trumps the law of the old testament, and the law of liberty according to the apostle Paul is that all things are legal, though not expedient ... and not about forcing others to live according to your standards - that is antichrist, just like Judas tried to force Christ to act by betraying him to his enemies.

Paul himself said that he would not judge the actions of others outside of the church, and Christ never once tried to force others to do what he wanted through the law, but instead forgave everyone everything, and even died for his own enemies.

Most Christians today have no concept of what the true gospel message of the unconditional love of God for all people is really all about, and that is why they think they have a right to force their opinion and world view on everyone else with violence. They are pharisees of our day, bigots and hypocrites who look all religious and holy on the outside, but inside they are filled with violence condemnation and death, along with plenty of extortion - white washed tombstones as Christ once said.

They are the children of their father the devil, the accuser, goat nation wicked servants destined for purification in the lake of fire ... And theirs is an heresy of hate and war and condemnation, not the gospel of love and peace and forgiveness.
And you think you are guiltless of doing any of the above? Man, read your own words....and consider your own SELF?

Old 02-08-2012, 12:43 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I want to believe that there aren't extremely bigoted Americans in every single state. I don't know if there is any religion out there that is more focused on strengthening families than the Mormons. It just doesn't get them anywhere among other Christian groups for whatever reason.

I lived on the western side of Colorado for awhile as a teenager and saw nothing of the Evangelism being mentioned there. I suppose I was on the wrong side of Colorado for it. It was a long time ago too, and I may have been too young to really notice. I guess my experience living there is too dated to be relevant.

I would like to think otherwise also. I have honestly been shocked at the bigotry myself. As I have expressed before, I was raised Southern Baptist and in the Bible Belt and I haven't seen or heard much of the anti-Mormon sentiment at all...in 08 or now here.

I would say James Dobson's group has a whole lot to do with the culture change there. I never realized Colorado was like that either. The odd thing is that Romney carried it 60% last time around. Of course, he was the 'conservative' alternative to McCain then also...so maybe it's what is perceived as establishment backlash. This is the most messed up primary I can ever remember.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Using faith to promote hate and comparing consenting gay adults to man on dog is admirable?

It is a sin to judge someone's faithfulness. As far as I can tell, he lives his faith. That is all I am saying. I don't agree with his extreme views on many things and it makes me very uneasy with him as a candidate for the presidency.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:04 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
I would like to think otherwise also. I have honestly been shocked at the bigotry myself. As I have expressed before, I was raised Southern Baptist and in the Bible Belt and I haven't seen or heard much of the anti-Mormon sentiment at all...in 08 or now here.

I would say James Dobson's group has a whole lot to do with the culture change there. I never realized Colorado was like that either. The odd thing is that Romney carried it 60% last time around. Of course, he was the 'conservative' alternative to McCain then also...so maybe it's what is perceived as establishment backlash. This is the most messed up primary I can ever remember.
When I temporarily lived in Colorado Springs in the very early '90's it really was starting to take off - heavy evangelical politics/bigoted opinion. I was so turned off by it, I have never looked at the State the same way since, which is really unfair to the rest of Colorado....

Old 02-08-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
It is a sin to judge someone's faithfulness. As far as I can tell, he lives his faith. That is all I am saying. I don't agree with his extreme views on many things and it makes me very uneasy with him as a candidate for the presidency.
You have it correct here. Well said! I verbatim Agree. Santorum's Catholic doctrine is his problem ....I sense. And scary.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
When I temporarily lived in Colorado Springs in the very early '90's it really was starting to take off - heavy evangelical politics/bigoted opinion. I was so turned off by it, I have never looked at the State the same way since, which is really unfair to the rest of Colorado....

I think Colorado Springs is where James Dobson's Focus on the Family is headquartered. IMO, it's a very political group, not just a religious group.

I have also wondered if Obama's mandate on contreption was timed quite conveinently to help Santorum pull in the Catholic vote and derail Romney.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
You have it correct here. Well said! I verbatim Agree. Santorum's Catholic doctrine is his problem ....I sense. And scary.

Especially since he seems the type that would try to mix his religion into his administration and would not keep it within boundaries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections