Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 02:29 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,042,430 times

Advertisements

Sanctimorium is unbelievable! Every time I turn around he says something else that's just way out there! I'm a Christian and he even irritates me...lol. Seriously, this guy is wacky and is unelectable nationally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 02:42 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,241,502 times

Old 02-15-2012, 02:47 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,642,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Rick Santorum Wants Your Sex Life to Be 'Special' - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

Rick Santorum Interviews With CaffeinatedThoughts.com - YouTube

Basically, he is saying that you shouldn't be allowed to use contraception during sex, because then it becomes about "pleasure". He wants sex to be used for procreation purposes and that's it. This, along with his other claims that "Americans shouldn't have privacy" etc., makes me think that he would want government installed cameras in every bedroom in America to make sure that people don't use condoms and every time they have sex, a baby is created. This might seem farfetched to some of you, but with his maniac, we can never be sure. He might very well use an Executive Order to get all this done. How can we stop this madman?
This is NOT true. He has already said he does not favor a ban on contraception. And at about the 19 mark in the video, he talks about sex, with procreation being an important aspect of it along with pleasure. Why the unreasonable fear and misrepresentation of this man?

Old 02-15-2012, 03:06 PM

4,170 posts, read 4,188,738 times
Quote:
Rick Santorum Wants Your Sex Life to Be 'Special' - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

Basically, he is saying that you shouldn't be allowed to use contraception during sex, because then it becomes about "pleasure". He wants sex to be used for procreation purposes and that's it. This, along with his other claims that "Americans shouldn't have privacy" etc., makes me think that he would want government installed cameras in every bedroom in America to make sure that people don't use condoms and every time they have sex, a baby is created. This might seem farfetched to some of you, but with his maniac, we can never be sure. He might very well use an Executive Order to get all this done. How can we stop this madman?
Maybe what he want is a locking device that locked the genital area. Only government will have the key to unlock it. So every time you want to have sex, you have to submit a form to a government agency to get it unlock. Once you done your business, it has to be locked again.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:08 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,580,413 times
I agree with you doc. What he is saying just isn't politically correct these days of hedonistic decadence. He is saying that sex should not be so cheap, and people should not view eachother as pieces of meat for their own self-gratification. Many are simply masturbating eachother, nothing more to it than that. The male and female have been reduced to brainless body parts, may as well get yourself a doll.
Wholesale Sex Dolls - Buy China Wholesale Sex Dolls from Chinese Wholesalers | DHgate.com

Old 02-15-2012, 03:35 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,815,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
This is NOT true. He has already said he does not favor a ban on contraception. And at about the 19 mark in the video, he talks about sex, with procreation being an important aspect of it along with pleasure. Why the unreasonable fear and misrepresentation of this man?
If you haven't understood the intentions of that man, despite all the flowery language he uses to convey it, you are really naïve. Watch the video from 17:48.

What he exactly says is this:

One of the things I will talk about that no president has talked about before is I think the dangers of contraception in this country, the whole sexual libertine idea... It's not okay because it's a license to do things in the sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be. They're supposed to be within marriage, for purposes that are, yes, conjugal... but also procreative.

That's the perfect way that a sexual union should happen. We take any part of that out, we diminish the act. And if you can take one part out that's not for purposes of procreation, that's not one of the reasons, then you diminish this very special bond between men and women, so why can't you take other parts of that out? And all of a sudden, it becomes deconstructed to the point where it's simply pleasure. And that's certainly a part of it--and it's an important part of it, don't get me wrong--but there's a lot of things we do for pleasure, and this is special, and it needs to be seen as special.

From the above, what I gather is exactly what I wrote in the OP.

Let me break it down for you again:

1) He does not like contraception and believes it should be banned.
2) He does not like sex for pleasure, only for procreation.

What I wrote in 2 lines is what he says in 200 lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I agree with you doc. What he is saying just isn't politically correct these days of hedonistic decadence. He is saying that sex should not be so cheap, and people should not view eachother as pieces of meat for their own self-gratification. Many are simply masturbating eachother, nothing more to it than that. The male and female have been reduced to brainless body parts, may as well get yourself a doll.
Wholesale Sex Dolls - Buy China Wholesale Sex Dolls from Chinese Wholesalers | DHgate.com
Why is it yours or anybody's business how they enjoy sex? Whether they use a doll or a hole in the wall, how does it affect you? The moment you start thinking that you want to change others' non-violent behavior to your liking, we start sacrificing liberties, and invite the government to police morality on our behalf. The government would only be too happy to oblige.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:45 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,981,669 times
So, Santorum wants people to have "special" sex with their spouses while in contrast Obama just repeatedly screws the country and doesn't care if those he screws feel special when he is finished.

Got it.

(not a Santorum fan but there are more important things over to be outraged really)

Old 02-15-2012, 03:55 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,051,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So, Santorum wants people to have "special" sex with their spouses while in contrast Obama just repeatedly screws the country and doesn't care if those he screws feel special when he is finished.

Got it.

(not a Santorum fan but there are more important things over to be outraged really)
I hope your head doesnt hurt, because that really must have taken a lot of thought to sneak an Obama bashing remark into something he has nothing to do with.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:57 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,199,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The message behind Bachmann's vow of fealty and obedience to her husband.
Which is hilarious considering her hubby makes Liberace look like Lee Marvin.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:59 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,899,103 times
He also wants women who become pregnant by the vicious, brutal crime of rape to
"make the best of it"
and give birth to the rapist's child.

How to stop him?

Loudly discuss these obnoxious and fairytale views with others...

DO NOT vote for him!

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections