Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 05:47 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,255,485 times

Advertisements

We all knew what theology Santorum was talking about, and his aide confirmed it on MSNBC. And this business about 'mistake'... yeah, for me, the words environmental and Islamic are just not immediately the same sound or syllables - unless of course Islam is on my mind.

Rick Santorum aide gaffe: Obama?s ?radical Islamic policies? - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Rick Santorum’s spokeswoman Alice Stewart said in a TV interview on Monday that Santorum was referring to President Barack Obama’s “radical Islamic policies” when he said the president’s agenda was driven by “phony theology” — but then quickly called up MSNBC after the segment aired to say she misspoke.
“There is a type of theological secularism when it comes to the global warmists in this country. That’s what he was referring to. He was referring to the president’s policies in terms of the radical Islamic policies the president has,” Stewart said on “Andrea Mitchell Reports.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 05:58 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
I don't know what's more damaging to the Republian party right now. Is it Santorum himself, or is it the fact that Romney can't pull away from this guy?

Old 02-20-2012, 05:59 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,246 times
The poor staffer. It sounds like the retort is a load of crap. I have to sympathize though, working for someone who has not much to offer other than thumping a bible has to take its toll.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:07 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
The longer the spotlight shines...

Old 02-20-2012, 06:08 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I don't know what's more damaging to the Republian party right now. Is it Santorum himself, or is it the fact that Romney can't pull away from this guy?
It's really funny that Gingrich staying in the race is about the only thing keeping Santorum from completely running the board at this point.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
The Republicans love this stuff. It is what they saw in Newt but without the baggage. Santorum is surging.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:22 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,516,932 times
lol

this might draw even more support for Santorum, sadly.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:25 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
We all knew what theology Santorum was talking about, and his aide confirmed it on MSNBC. And this business about 'mistake'... yeah, for me, the words environmental and Islamic are just not immediately the same sound or syllables - unless of course Islam is on my mind.

Rick Santorum aide gaffe: Obama?s ?radical Islamic policies? - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com
Santorum was in my part of the state today blabbering on about Obama not actually believing in Global Warming, but just doing it gain favor among people with money. I think Santorum is an embarrassment personally, and no I am not a fan of Obama either.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:27 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
This guy is Obama's best friend. He turns off independent voters and Democrats can't cheer on the guy enough. I know a few democrats that plan to go vote for that guy just to sabotage the republicans. Since we have an Open Primary, it is a smart tactic. Perhaps Romney will pull away if the Democrats stay home.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:27 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
This guy is Obama's best friend. He turns off independent voters and Democrats can't cheer on the guy enough. I know a few democrats that plan to go vote for that guy just to sabotage the republicans. Since we have an Open Primary, it is a smart tactic. Perhaps Romney will pull away if the Democrats stay home.
You know what's funny, Rush Limbaugh advocated just this kind of activity in 2008. Today, I was listening to Hannity on the radio and he was complaining about Democrats doing this exact same thing, even though he admitted in the same sentence that was it was originally a tactic promoted by Rush in the last election.

The hypocrisy on both side of the political divide is staggering, but to essentially openly admit it without any sense of irony is just.....I don't even know what to compare it to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections