Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:49 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Wow, you are one of the most naive people out there. The CIA does smuggle drugs and it has been proven. I will find numerous links about it, give me a couple. Hell, if the CIA are able to arm drug dealers in Mexico, aka Fast and Furious, you honestly don't think they were smuggling as well.

HAHA.

Ron Paul told the host off about smoking cigs.

Guess what? The idiotic host died of lung cancer from smoking.

Imagine that. This just makes me love consistant Ron Paul even more,

Thanks!!!
Well said. People will say anything without doing one bit of research. You'd think some would learn as correct as Ron Paul has been.
Stop big government now. It isn't working and never has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 09:22 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,765,150 times
legalize drugs? yeah sure now let all the crack heads go live with him and have their legal crack parties in his apt. building since there will no longer be any need for them to hide in abandoned buildings.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:31 PM

372 posts, read 1,043,261 times
I thought it was cute when the crowd went into the "Just Say No!" chant. Remember that campaign? How nostalgic. And the lady in the red barret of the Guardian Angels now works for FOX news in NY. I never here about the Guardian Angels anymore. Do they still exist? I know they took some heat about 20 years ago for staging some incidents. Maybe that did them in.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:36 PM

372 posts, read 1,043,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
legalize drugs? yeah sure now let all the crack heads go live with him and have their legal crack parties in his apt. building since there will no longer be any need for them to hide in abandoned buildings.
There are no crackheads. "Just Say No" fixed that back 88'.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:19 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Why does government need to make a law that tells us drugs are bad. People aren't going to run out and start using drugs. The abuse, including prescription drugs, is a disease and needs to be treated as such. Why arrest people because the have drugs even though they are not causing anyone any harm. We need to release the non violent drug offenders in jail. One sixth of all drug users are black, yet one third of the ones arrested and two thirds of those serving time are black.

The main violence that comes with drugs is the fighting over who controls the drug trade. We saw the same thing during prohibition. Organized crime grew and so did the associated violence during prohibition. Very powerful people.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:26 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Deciding what drug is "legal" seems pretty biased.

Taking "sick" people and throwing them into a system almost guaranteed to make them sicker and ruin others lives (family, friends), at tax payer expense, seems just nuts to me.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:41 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
They decriminalized "ALL drugs" in Portugual. The police are "loving it".

Decriminalizing Drugs in Portugal a Success, Says Report - TIME

" illegal drug among seventh through ninth graders fell from 14.1% to 10.6%; drug use in older teens also declined.

Lifetime heroin use among 16-to-18-year-olds fell from 2.5% to 1.8%

New HIV infections in drug users fell by 17% between 1999 and 2003

deaths related to heroin and similar drugs were cut by more than half

money saved on enforcement allowed for increased funding of drug-free treatment as well."

Your trying to regulate "morality" through prohibition. It doesn't work.
Energies and any tax money should be put towards "mental health" issues.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
They legalized "ALL drugs" in Portugual. The police are "loving it".

" illegal drug among seventh through ninth graders fell from 14.1% to 10.6%; drug use in older teens also declined.

money saved on enforcement allowed for increased funding of drug-free treatment as well."

There are several places that have showed how well this works, but then you have nutty peeps like O'Reilly portraying it as some abysmal failure, with no evidence to support such a claim.

I agree. The belief in "condemnation" isn't just an issue w/ our religions it appears at the heart of our governmental policies, as well.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:30 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,765,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
They decriminalized "ALL drugs" in Portugual. The police are "loving it".

well goody for Portugal that doesn't mean it would work everywhere. I am not talking about being caught with small amounts of marijuana or a lesser kind of drug. I am all for offering them therapy but it should not be a like a vacation palace that the kind the celebrities go to. It should be like a prison but with therapy where they can't just walk out anytime they want. But after 3 strikes then they go to jail, that is what I think would be of better service to the public and the addict. I wonder what is next offering to pay for their needles so they can get high when no one offers to pay that in taxes for diabetics who have a legitimate reason for needing to use needles. If it were that great an idea there wouldn't be any need for "treatments" from being on the drugs. Certain drugs should be illegal that to me is just common sense. Making all drugs legal doesn't mean people won't get hooked on them or steal for the money to buy them. The police most likely like it because they don't have to arrest them which makes it less work for them and probably less dangerous. It's not morality I want regulated it's the safety of the public and the people who get hooked on the drugs. I see what making alcohol and cigarettes legal did to people I sure don't want that with more serious drugs. I agree with tax money being put toward mental health but in what way would you want that done? I'd like to hear your opinion on that.

Last edited by Lolipopbubbles; 02-26-2012 at 08:42 AM..

Old 02-26-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
well goody for Purtugal that doesn't mean it would work everywhere. If it were that great an idea there wouldn't be any need for "treatments" from being on the drugs. Certain drugs should be illegal that to me is just common sense. Making all drugs legal doesn't mean people won't get hooked on them or steal for the money to buy them. The police most likely like it because they don't have to arrest them which makes it less work for htem. It's not morality I want regulated it's the safety of the public and the people who get hooked on the drugs. I see what making alcohol and cigarettes legal did to people I sure don't want that with more serious drugs.
There are distinctions between legalization, decriminalization, and regulation.

What does "treatment" for an illness have to do w/ "legalization"?

Do we throw grandma in jail because of high blood pressure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections