Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama Supporters, Which Republican Candidate Would You Vote For, If You Were Forced To?
Mitt Romney 11 45.83%
Ron Paul 12 50.00%
Rick Santorum 0 0%
Newt Gingrich 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 1,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Romney. He's actually shifty enough that if he got into office, he could secretly be further Left than Obama.
maybe but after I seen where republican leadership took this country in 2000 to 2008,I no longer am or vote republican, plus getting deeply into the teaching's of our Lord I have learned these things which republicans keep saying their christians, but I find it hard to believe because they act and feel defferently than my learning from the bible,which are

www.gospel.com/bookmarks/Feed-poor-Bible-Matthew-25-37-40/8997"] Matthew 25:37-40[/Jesus tells us to feed the poor and give drink to the thirsty. He says that what we do for the least of his people we do for him.
[url=http://biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt.25.37-Matt.25.40&version=NIV]
Matt.25.37-Matt.25.40 NIV ArialTimes New Roman The Bible teaches repeatedly that Christians are to work to make sure that the poor and oppressed find the justice that is their right. Elsewhere in the Bible, God states that He values this more than religious ceremonies or rituals. Times New RomanTimes New Roman bettween the budget cut's which wipe out the poor and the many tax breaks for the millionaires and billionaires and the greed among us today I find it hard to believe that this is the Lords way..=Times New Roman

the Lord also says to love and help your brother, I relate this to everyone having the top medical care,as it is a right to live and survive and medical care is not a luxury but a necessity for survival today, so how about a whole lot less greed and more Love?,and what do they think their going to do?take the money with them? bible says it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter Heaven, but those who do not believe in the bible or our Lord just disregard everything I had to say today,have a great day and God Bless..

Last edited by boatmoter; 05-02-2012 at 01:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
None of the above.

I would have voted for Huntsman.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,894,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
None of the above.

I would have voted for Huntsman.
Ditto. I like Huntsman as a person. I believe he has integrity and doesn't buy into some of the wacko extremist ideas people like Santorum, Palin, and Bachmann (and Gingrich) do. I think Huntsman had some good policy ideas that I hope Obama adopts.

I have real problems with libertarianism; I think it sets up an environment in which powerful individuals and companies are let loose to prey on the rest of us, and it enables wild swings in the markets, and instability in the work place. So, I would not be voting for Ron Paul.

And I really believe Romney cannot be trusted as he takes whatever position he believes is politically expedient. I also believe he sincerely does not care about the majority of us. I think he is ruthless and selfish and is only concerned with gaining power and helping out his soulless, corporate friends. In that respect, he is like Dick Cheney. The difference is Dick Cheney is not as handsome, and doesn't sway with whichever way the wind blows.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 PM

40 posts, read 33,030 times
huntsman or romney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections