Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:51 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times

Advertisements

I just got so engrossed while listening in my office to this speech Ron Paul gave to thousands of people in Oklahoma City that I forgot I was boiling eggs in the kitchen and it wasn't until all the water boiled away and I heard some of the eggs exploding that knocked off the lid onto the metal stove top that I realized what I'd done and went to turn the stove off. Oh well, I was going to make deviled eggs but I think I can at least make egg salad with them. Next time I'll bring a timer with me into the office.

Here's the speech where he talks about the monetary system and the mischief going on at the Federal Reserve and loss of purchasing power of the dollar; the real reason 9/11 took place; liberty, tyranny, the drug war,the real inflation rate and unemployment rate, the fact that civil liberties have been taken from us along with privacy rights ....and about the president taking the liberty to use the military against American citizens in the National Defense Authorization Act; detain them indefinitely while denying them the right to an attorney and even worse -- assassinating them in some circumstances without a trial (that he's already done three times).

Of course he talks about FREEDOM and how it brings people together and how the most free societies are also the most prosperous.

In the end he mentioned how many Democrats who come to hear him talk to him after his speeches and whisper to him that they are democrats and are going to register Republican so they can vote for him in the primaries and he chuckles and tells them,"Isn't it nice that not all Republicans are alike" .

Ron Paul Oklahoma City rally 2/25/12 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 11:07 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,937,232 times
That is a great RP speech, too bad about the wind in the mic though.

The talk about the trillions and the Fed reminded me of an interesting development recently possibly "involving" the Fed, that might be worth following, if only for curiosity sake. This is the House of Lords Feb 16.

Lord James of Blackheath $15,OOO,OOO,OOO,OOO FRAUD EXPOSED February 16 2012 - YouTube

Old 02-26-2012, 01:23 PM

Here is another little piece of OK from before that.

Ron Paul In Oklahoma! - YouTube

Old 02-26-2012, 02:06 PM

665 posts, read 1,244,112 times
when is ron paul going to win a primary.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:16 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
when is ron paul going to win a primary.
well itis doubtful he will win OK...

Old 02-26-2012, 02:38 PM

1,332 posts, read 995,332 times
When people wake up and stop buying the media spin.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Here is another little piece of OK from before that.

Ron Paul In Oklahoma! - YouTube

Wow! That one has a great pan of the crowd! Thanks!

Old 02-26-2012, 03:32 PM

740 posts, read 1,974,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Wow! That one has a great pan of the crowd! Thanks!
People are saying about 2,000 showed up at that speech. Funny how Paul draws such massive crowds, and Romney has such a pathetic showing yet is the frontrunner.

I don't get it.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
That is a great RP speech, too bad about the wind in the mic though.

The talk about the trillions and the Fed reminded me of an interesting development recently possibly "involving" the Fed, that might be worth following, if only for curiosity sake. This is the House of Lords Feb 16.

Lord James of Blackheath $15,OOO,OOO,OOO,OOO FRAUD EXPOSED February 16 2012 - YouTube
Oh Gosh! Hearing about all these banking scams that will end up on our shoulders is getting tiresome. When are we going to put our collective foot down and not tolerate it?

Old 02-26-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Oh Gosh! Hearing about all these banking scams that will end up on our shoulders is getting tiresome. When are we going to put our collective foot down and not tolerate it?
Well shining the light on it helps hopefully. However, I agree people have to get involved because the corruption is so bad that it is akin to the foxes guarding the hen house.

On the bright side I think there are some internal struggles going on in the proverbial "den of vipers". Might be popcorn worthy... LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections