Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

Or would you prefer Ron Paul - a veteran who will fight against unnecessary wars and cut wasteful spending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 09:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Or would you prefer Ron Paul - a veteran who will fight against unnecessary wars and cut wasteful spending.

Ron Paul. No question.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,700 times
What a fair, unbiased phrasing of that question. Have you ever considered becoming a pollster?

Old 03-01-2012, 10:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Would you prefer a rich elitist Mormon or a war-crazed Chickenhawk to guide this country?

Quote:

None of the above.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:23 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Naturally I'd rather have Ron Paul. Given a choice between a relatively moderate rich elitist and an extremely conservative, I'd have to give the rich guy the nod. Once you adjust for inflation, George Washington was the wealthiest US President ever and he was arguably the best president ever. No I'm not saying that Romney is George Washington, but I am saying that it's irrelevant how much money you have.

Why does "Mormon" even factor into it? Theologically, Mormonism is vastly different on things like a closed canon of scripture and nitpicky specifics of what God is like or what heaven is like or was the devil is like, when/where souls come from, etc. But for the only part that has any bearing on their political decision making -- values -- the Mormons are identical to the rest of Christianity. You could easily make the case that they're more conservative individually than the vast majority of Christians. Romney isn't my first choice by a long shot, but if another Mormon came along whose views I agreed with better, I'd vote for him. If Ron Paul was a Mormon I'd vote for him -- it would not matter one bit. So why bring it up constantly as though it meant "Mormon" was some horribly contagious incurable disease?

Old 03-01-2012, 10:28 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
I prefer to hold my nose and vote for Obama again. He maybe a wimp but at least he's not a religious fanatic or a jerk who pays less in taxes percentage wise than I do.

Congratulations Republicans. You've convinced me to go to the polls again this year.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:32 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I prefer to hold my nose and vote for Obama again. He maybe a wimp but at least he's not a religious fanatic or a jerk who pays less in taxes percentage wise than I do.

Congratulations Republicans. You've convinced me to go to the polls again this year.

Romney paid more then 45% on money so you are saying you paid 45% or more?

He paid taxes on that money once, the 14.6 is the second dipping of it.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:35 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Why does "Mormon" even factor into it? Theologically, Mormonism is vastly different on things like a closed canon of scripture and nitpicky specifics of what God is like or what heaven is like or was the devil is like, when/where souls come from, etc. But for the only part that has any bearing on their political decision making -- values -- the Mormons are identical to the rest of Christianity. You could easily make the case that they're more conservative individually than the vast majority of Christians. Romney isn't my first choice by a long shot, but if another Mormon came along whose views I agreed with better, I'd vote for him. If Ron Paul was a Mormon I'd vote for him -- it would not matter one bit. So why bring it up constantly as though it meant "Mormon" was some horribly contagious incurable disease?

Old 03-01-2012, 10:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
What a fair, unbiased phrasing of that question. Have you ever considered becoming a pollster?
wish I could rep you again.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:23 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:
Well feel free to prove that the spending is wasteful. Also, feel free to explain why every other first world country has a central bank, why the banking industry, financial industry and US industry in general isn't screaming for the fed to be ended.

Paul is a nice guy, but he's either lying or stupid if he thinks he would be able to get everything he talks about passed. The chances are about as good as us having a moon base in 8 years.

My preference over all 4 of the GOP is Obama. I think the GOP is going to have a dearth of good candidates for a long time given that the fringes of the party have pushed out a lot of people who appeal to the mainstream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections