Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:37 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
And ultimately, one size does not fit all. Any social program is going to operate very differently in California as opposed to Alaska, so having the ability to customize your own is very nice.
This isn't a social program though, it's a drug and medical program. People are the same, and have the same parts, no matter where they live. I agree ON SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL when is comes to a lot of things, but not this. SOME THINGS we need to have set and / or miniminum standards on, precicely BECAUSE we are so big.

I do think states should handle some things on their own for flexability reason, I just don't think some things should be flexable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 11:38 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The MSM, the Left and obama think they have a winning issue that will bring women voters to their side. This is intentional and deliberate distraction from obama's record.
Oh, and you forgot. Effective.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:44 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
The MSM, the Left and obama think they have a winning issue that will bring women voters to their side. This is intentional and deliberate distraction from obama's record.
Yes, we Democrats are a crafty lot. We compelled the Republicans to create anti-contraceptive, anti-women legislation (through brainwashing, hypnosis? We'll never tell!) that makes them a laughingstock across the country because we knew our laughter would be distracting. Yes, we are that insidious.

Here's a thought--stop giving us so much to ridicule you about and maybe we can all begin to focus more on the things that really matter.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:47 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
If that's the case than it worked better than anyone could expect.

I mean, how dare the MSN allow Rick Santorum, Gingrich, McConnell. Limbaugh, and now Romney to speak their minds on an issues like reproductive rights and call sexually responsible women "sluts." And how dare the MSM get itself elected in Mississippi, Virginia, Texas, and now Kansas, and introduce bills restricting the rights of women and making two-time victims of raped women. How dare the MSM do all of that to distract people from Obama's record!

Old 03-02-2012, 12:36 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Well, if THAT'S the case, then clearly the GOP is pretty damn STOOPID to pursue such a course.

The truth of the matter is the folks like you just don't want to take responsibility for your OWN AGENDA.
If the GOP doesn't want to make it an issue then they SHOULDN'T MAKE IT AN ISSUE. THEY are the ones DOING SO - NOT the DEMOCRATS.

So much for "the party of personal responsibility" - they can't even take responsibility for their OWN AGENDA.

Ken

Old 03-02-2012, 03:12 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
But, but... He's not trying to stop them from making it an issue.

If i was in a boxing match and the first thing my opponent did was start bashing his head on a corner post, I would let him do it.

Obama is a lot smarter than me. He's just waiting for the others to knock themselves unconscious before the fight even starts.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:19 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,571 times
Obama made a compromise with the catholic church two days into
conntroversy, its the republicans who are keeping this going with the blunt amendment they are pushing.
The repubs can drop this when ever they want.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:27 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Yeah, NO ONE is complaining about unemployment. The housing market is also great!

By the way, I wasn't aware Obama was the one who found and killed bin laden.
Quote:
So, Obama killed bin laden?

No, no, wait. He didn't. I thought this was common knowledge.

Unemployment and housing is hearsay. It's not doing well and won't under the policies that have been used for years.
Quote:
Yet he still wasn't in Pakistan and the one that killed bin laden. Obama deserves no praise for that.

And I stop paying attention after someone mentions Bush. But, I'm sure keeping Bush's stupid policies will help this country.
So Obama, the CIC, the only person in the whole world who could give the order to kill bin Laden did just that, and he can't take any credit. Yet this contraception nonsense, which came to us from Congress, and is being administered by HHS, is ALL his responsiblity?

Old 03-02-2012, 08:56 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
A nice hypothesis. Yet somehow the Right, including the bloviating gasbag known as Rush Limbaugh, have embraced the issue and kept it front and center. Thanks in no little part to Limbaugh carrying on in his usual pleasant manner, your side has managed to turn a discussion about boring legislative details into a debate about whether radio hosts should slur 20-something female students for having the audacity to like sex.

Obama's phone call to Ms. Fluke has cornered the righties: Agree with Limbaugh punching below the belt (so to speak), or agree with the President you've made it you life's mission to hate. And you can ask Michael Steele how disagreeing with Rush Limbaugh furthered his political career.

The President merely loaded the gun. It was your side who wrestled it from him and triumphantly shot yourselves in both feet.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:22 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
It's not about contraception, it's about freedom of religion. I realize most of you don't want it to be so, but it is. This is also a sword that cuts both ways...don't forget that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections