Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 12:22 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,453 times

Advertisements

One sure, brutal fact and truth came forth from tonight's Alabama and Mississippi Primaries. The GOP has NO Solid candidate they can put forth for nomination for POTUSA.

This field is clearly fragmented and un-unified. No single candidate can find enough broad appeal to be risked as the nominee of the Republican Party....if they expect to win back the WH. What, oh what.... will become of this convoluted mess?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 12:29 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times
It is not the candidats per se, it is the party itself that is very divided. This entire method of nominating a candidate has only added to the mess along with the Super Pac issue.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:32 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,341 times
They will roll out Chris Christie on a wheelbarrow in Tampa to accept the GOP nomination after bribing him with a bag of Cheetos. You heard it here first.

Old 03-14-2012, 01:02 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
One sure, brutal fact and truth came forth from tonight's Alabama and Mississippi Primaries. The GOP has NO Solid candidate they can put forth for nomination for POTUSA.

This field is clearly fragmented and un-unified. No single candidate can find enough broad appeal to be risked as the nominee of the Republican Party....if they expect to win back the WH. What, oh what.... will become of this convoluted mess?
You seem very emotional since the last post of yours that I've read.

Are you considering that nobody in the field is getting a majority support? After months of your trolling threads against one candidate (whose a congressman from Texas) who you declared could never get above a specific threshold are you now admitting that none of the others can either?

Old 03-14-2012, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
You seem very emotional since the last post of yours that I've read.

Are you considering that nobody in the field is getting a majority support? After months of your trolling threads against one candidate (whose a congressman from Texas) who you declared could never get above a specific threshold are you now admitting that none of the others can either?
Ha, are u a head Doc? WRONG diagnosis, professor!

I had your fellow Doc Paul accurately diagnosed...and that fact still bothers you, doesn't it, Doc?!

Trolling? Whose emotional? Take a pill, and call me in the mornin'

Old 03-14-2012, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
It is not the candidats per se, it is the party itself that is very divided. This entire method of nominating a candidate has only added to the mess along with the Super Pac issue.
Oh, yes, horrible lack of sapient, quality leadership. You'd think, this election being so critical...some sobering factor would emerge from within the party??

As is, like the inmates are clearly runnin' the asylum.

What do you foresee happening the next few weeks and months?

Old 03-14-2012, 02:01 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Quote:

Calm down. You're talking about Alabama and Mississippi. What did you expect? Did you think those folks were going to ignore Romney's religion?

What you are witnessing is the GOP's "base" at its best.

For years now, GOP politicians and pundits have taken great pride in their intransigence, their obstructionism, their vociferous bravado, their refusal to listen to other people or other ideas, and their aversion to compromise.

Well, the chickens have come home to roost. Now you want these people to "face reality"? Good luck with that. They are proudly crass, loud, irrational, intransigent and yes, bigoted. It's their way or the highway. They were encouraged to accept mediocrity and stupidity (GWB and company) as greatness. They gleefully accepted deception as reality (Iraq war). Now look at this "empowered" bunch. It's too bad you can't fix stupid.

I'm an independent voter. I've been inclined to write in Ron Paul out of frustration with both parties. But if the GOP has the audacity to run Santorum, I might just hold my nose and vote for Obama because I have 2 daughters, and I will not help, in any way or form, to elect such a misogynist, Pope-wanna be butthole to the WH.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I have a feeling it's going to be a long, nasty slog to Tampa. Mary Matalin is hoping the RNC is going to corral these people at the convention. I think the RNC lost control a long time ago.

In the meantime, I'm just going to stock up on pop corn.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Calm down. You're talking about Alabama and Mississippi. What did you expect? Did you think those folks were going to ignore Romney's religion?

What you are witnessing is the GOP's "base" at its best.

For years now, GOP politicians and pundits have taken great pride in their intransigence, their obstructionism, their vociferous bravado, their refusal to listen to other people or other ideas, and their aversion to compromise.

Well, the chickens have come home to roost. Now you want these people to "face reality"? Good luck with that. They are proudly crass, loud, irrational, intransigent and yes, bigoted. It's their way or the highway. They were encouraged to accept mediocrity and stupidity (GWB and company) as greatness. They gleefully accepted deception as reality (Iraq war). Now look at this "empowered" bunch. It's too bad you can't fix stupid.

I'm an independent voter. I've been inclined to write in Ron Paul out of frustration with both parties. But if the GOP has the audacity to run Santorum, I might just hold my nose and vote for Obama because I have 2 daughters, and I will not help, in any way or form, to elect such a misogynist, Pope-wanna be butthole to the WH.

I don't know what's going to happen, but I have a feeling it's going to be a long, nasty slog to Tampa. Mary Matalin is hoping the RNC is going to corral these people at the convention. I think the RNC lost control a long time ago.

In the meantime, I'm just going to stock up on pop corn.
''Mary Matalin is hoping the RNC is going to corral these people at the convention.'' >> What, exactly, do you mean 'corral' these people, Sur?

I'm from one those afore mentioned Suthern states...and we like our grits white and moist.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:25 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,075 times
Quote:
we like our grits white and moist.[/b]
What will it take you to stop posting such racist homoerotic slander?

Enough is enough.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
What will it take you to stop posting such racist homoerotic slander?

Enough is enough.
I do have a Red Hot temper...and don't want to break rules...so I'm gonna ignore your wrong, Judgmental accusation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections