Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:39 AM

958 posts, read 2,624,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
And Wisconsin is winner take all-type system (by district and statewide). 42 delegates at stake, and Romney could easily clean up with a lot of them.

But the best part - Newt 'my wife is from Wisconsin' Gingrich is polling at 7%!!!!
The only way Newt could win in Wisconsin is to quickly divorce Calista and make Aaron Rodgers wife #4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 AM

53 posts, read 34,169 times
Has Eddie Munster (a.k.a. Paul Ryan) endorsed the human Etch-A-Sketch yet?

Old 03-26-2012, 09:36 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,215,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
If anything, it seems to be an overuse of assets IMO by Romney.
I don't know man, some people are looking at Wisconsin as very important since it is the only one April 3rd that seemed to be contested and a 3 state sweep might finally stifle Santorum's claims that the delegate math is still workable.

Romney's campaign might as well pour it into Wisconsin to get the win, then look ahead to target Pennsylvania three weeks later.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:42 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,999,629 times
Did Newt clarify WHICH wife of his is from Wisconsin? LOL!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,774,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
I don't know man, some people are looking at Wisconsin as very important since it is the only one April 3rd that seemed to be contested and a 3 state sweep might finally stifle Santorum's claims that the delegate math is still workable.

Romney's campaign might as well pour it into Wisconsin to get the win, then look ahead to target Pennsylvania three weeks later.
The endgame is Romney or a brokered convention with Romney having considerable delegate amounts. Either way most likely will have Romney being the candidate (with the strange chance the brokered chooses someone not in the race which would be a disaster IMO).

Again I think its over use but hey, that's just my opinion.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:45 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,188,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
You have to admit though spending 55-1 is sorta obscene and honestly is unfortunate for Romney to have to use that much capital.

Romney has the money, Santorum doesn't. At this point, the Romney campaign is just trying to put this thing to bed. It's getting ridiculous. Santorum is hurting the party and the chances in the general now, just for his own ego driven purposes or whever is keeping him in this. Newt's got a million dollars worth of debt that he is going to need help with, so we will see him become much more accomadating in the coming days and less hateful more than likely.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:50 PM

26,583 posts, read 15,153,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post

Yes. These 3 contests on April 3rd are huge.....in large part because there are no contests for 3 whole weeks afterwards.

If Romney gets 3 sizable wins.....Santorum has no chance to regain momentum for 3 whole weeks while the media talks about Romney's sweep and inevitability. That is all the public will hear. And thus it helps the chances that Romney sweeps April 24th. He really doesn't need a sweep on April 24th as long as Pennsylvania is close. Game over on April 3rd.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:25 PM

15 posts, read 20,702 times
New polls out today as shown on RCP show Romney's lead eroding somewhat from 13 to now 5-7 points. I guess those gaffes by Romney hurt him a bit. Santorum has also been campaigning more on the ground than Romney this week and picked up some momentum from that LA win last week. Gingrich's campaign being cut also contributed to the tightening most likely.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:33 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,246,837 times
The new WI Rasmussen poll....

Romney 44%
Santorum 34
Paul 7
Newt 7

Of course this is all before the Paul Ryan endorsement, that said I'll wait for PPP's poll before getting too excited.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...blican_primary

Old 03-30-2012, 08:15 PM

15 posts, read 20,702 times
Well, it seems as if Rasmussen is almost always the outlier which has always showed Romney with bigger leads. However, even that new poll has tightened slightly.

Santorum also has received the endorsements of at least 8 Wisconsin senators and representatives today, which was not factored into all of today's new polls. As for Paul Ryan's endorsement, I think that more people would weigh Walker's endorsement more heavily than his. More people are concerned about the congressional races than the presidential primary in this state. I don't think Walker has endorsed anyone yet, so it should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections