Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 07:29 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,518,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
If the GOP doesn't want to take the Ron Paul branch of the party seriously, then they will never win another national election again.
Yep, this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 08:41 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
No need to. I know in the end Ron Paul type Republicans will be the majority in the party. His son is in his 40's he has a good 30 more years to carry the torch of liberty for people like me.
It's not a given that Rand Paul will continue to follow his father's principles or ideas. Remember that George W. was the rising star of the 1992 convention, when he gave a stirring speech on his father. It set W. on his course, and we all know how he turned out.

I'm not saying that Rand Paul will be another George W. Bush, but sons are different from their fathers, especially in politics.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:22 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
I can't believe that some are saying that Romney is the same as Obama. Do you want Obama appointing judges? Are you in favor of the Dream Act?
They are both big government candidates who do not believe in the individual and a conservative form of Federal government. They both want to appoint the winners and losers and bypass the free market. They both believe in an aggressive US military being the policemen of the world instead of protecting our borders like the constitution says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
Every state has different rules for their delegates. Some for 1 vote, some for more. I don't see how Paul supporters think that all of these people will switch to Paul. They did not vote for him in the primaries why would they vote for him now?
They didn't vote for Romney or Newt either.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:25 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
"Ron Paul: Rick Santorum exit could provide opening"

Yes. The opening is that he can follow Santorum out the door. If he lets the door hit him in the ass on the way out, that'll be fine with me.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:09 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,511,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
"Ron Paul: Rick Santorum exit could provide opening"

Yes. The opening is that he can follow Santorum out the door. If he lets the door hit him in the ass on the way out, that'll be fine with me.
Is that you Mitt??

Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
With Rick Santorum suspending his campaign for President yesterday, the mainstream media and the political elites have declared the race for the Republican nomination over and done.

Oh sure, more than half of the country has yet to vote.

And never mind that the presumptive nominee is not even halfway to the number of delegates needed to secure the nomination.

I am not ready to fall in line with their plans. I am not going to allow them to write the story.

This story will be written by you and me over the next few months, just as it has been over the past few years.

In the coming days, the media will be expecting me to also bow down to their new prince. Well, I want to give them a little surprise.

Instead of a defeated candidate bowing out of the race, as we saw yesterday, let's show them a surging candidate determined to ride on to Tampa!

This is no time for suspending campaigns or concession calls. This is the time for Patriots like you to continue our fight.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. With so many state conventions upcoming - where the real delegates will be selected - you and I must double down in our efforts to fight for Liberty.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:05 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Where do Santorums delegates go? You can skip the first minute since its about why Santorum left.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:19 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,220 times
Santorum voters are the opposite of Paul voters. Santorum voters want the government in peoples bedrooms and every facet of their lives, they aren't going to support a man who wants government out of people's personal lives. Most of them think Paul is no better than Obama.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:31 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
They love to hate the man...for no good reason.
That statement sums up one of the reasons why Paul has not done better. Very few voters literally hate any of the candidates as human beings. To think so is a basic mistake of thinking that policies and candidate's political stances are less important to most voters than their physical qualities.

That is simply untrue. People who hate Obama don't hate him on a personal level. They just hate his policies. The same is equally true with all the candidates, including Paul.

Trying to hang a hate tag on anyone who does not fully agree with a Paul believer is a very stupid way of trying to gain favorability of Dr. Paul.

To the contrary, it's an iron-clad guarantee that an undecided voter will not consider voting for him.

It is also a very stupid way of defending Paul's candidacy.

What does that statement really say?
That only Paulistas have the keys to all wisdom, so everyone else must hate them personally for their wisdom?
Is it a whining excuse for failing to win over hearts and minds?
Is it a defensive reaction?
Or is it all of this, combined?

Ron Paul did not lose this election all by himself. His supporters helped that failure along, every step of the way. There is 'no good reason' for the supposed hatred as you stated. The truth of it is there was not hatred to begin with. There was only disagreement, and disagreement is much different from hatred.
All the reasons why Paul's campaign never caught on fire lie within his supporters, not the man.

If there is a next time, Paulistas need to learn how to win. It is a different mind set from trying not to lose.

Last edited by banjomike; 04-13-2012 at 04:43 AM..

Old 04-13-2012, 04:51 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

That only Paulistas have the keys to all wisdom, so everyone else must fear them for their wisdom?

Ron Paul did not lose this election all by himself. His supporters helped that failure along, every step of the way
I'm going to believe that you are sincere, and that a Paul supporter
never knocked on your door. Your problem with Paul, is the problem
with America. We just don't get rid of anything. Not a department,
not a bad law, not a bad policy. There is something really perplexing
about a nation that started on a shoe string, and now becomes so tied
up in knots; in fear. Yes, change is scary, especially when your
paying attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections