Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:49 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But your children were, Mr. Obama. So you're telling us that they aren't qualified to run for president because of that? They are no different than Mitt, and you are no different than his father. Just a generation off. But what you're saying is that it's OK for you and Michelle to better yourselves for your children, but not for Mitt's father?

Good to know.
When all else fails, slam someone's underage kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 11:50 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I can see where Obama has ever lived as a adult i the realy work or ever vreated any jobs or run anything but those relaiant on otherspaying.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Default staightening out the lies......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Isn't it funny watching one RWNJ say his mother was making big bucks and another RWNJ call her a welfare queen, you would think they could at least get their stories straight, but it should not be too surprising many of the righties here are a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
Obama's grandmother made big bucks. His mother CHOSE to be a welfare queen, using the system to live on while she dumped her son to persue her dreams be it as a professional student, or in 3rd world countries (possibly with CIA connection).

Old 04-20-2012, 01:13 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times

President Obama sits on the famed Rosa Parks bus at the Henry Ford Museum following an event in Dearborn, Mich., April 18 (White House/Pete Souza)

“I just sat in there for a moment and pondered the courage and tenacity that is part of our very recent history but is also part of that long line of folks who sometimes are nameless, oftentimes didn’t make the history books, but who constantly insisted on their dignity, their share of the American dream.”

Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Seriously? Read your own posts before you try to backtrack. You implied that mom was making big bucks in Indonesia

I could care less that Mitt Romney is filthy rich--I don't think it matters
I'm not back tracking on anything. I too could care less whether
Romney is rich. But Obama wants voters to think it matters,
and that is why he stated it.

I did not imply Ann made big bucks - I simply stated what Ann made.
It's up to the reader, to determine if they think $80,000 a year is
"just getting by". It is what it is.

It is Obama who is trying to imply he grew up "strugging" and we all
know why he's doing it: for votes. It's kind of a shame he's taking
this "us" poor against "them" rich route in this campaign.
But considering he doesn't feel comfortable running on his record,
it's no surprise.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:33 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post

President Obama sits on the famed Rosa Parks bus at the Henry Ford Museum following an event in Dearborn, Mich., April 18 (White House/Pete Souza)

“I just sat in there for a moment and pondered the courage and tenacity that is part of our very recent history but is also part of that long line of folks who sometimes are nameless, oftentimes didn’t make the history books, but who constantly insisted on their dignity, their share of the American dream.”
A nice photo op, but let's face it, nothing spontaneous about it.
Didn't he go through Michigan in 2008? Should of had that pic already
The man never stops campaigning. Oh, I forgot: He's a Politician

Old 04-20-2012, 01:55 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama's grandmother made big bucks. His mother CHOSE to be a welfare queen, using the system to live on while she dumped her son to persue her dreams be it as a professional student, or in 3rd world countries (possibly with CIA connection).
If you think a bank VP is making big bucks ($35-50K a year at most) then all I can figure is that you must be working at the 7-11. There's nothing wrong with that--it's honest work and somebody has to do it--but it changes your perspective. That said, compare Obama to just about everyone else who's ever run for president, and he had an impoverished childhood.

Here's what drives me nuts. On the D side, I'm not sure why anyone thinks that growing up poor makes you a better president. Your ability to empathize with others and put yourself in their shoes is what counts. On the R side--why the heck do you feel the need to LIE about Obamas childhood to defend Mitt? Who cares if he was poor or rich. The question is which one has done a better job--THROUGH THEIR POLICY PROPOSALS--of understanding the needs of the average American.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'm not back tracking on anything. I too could care less whether
Romney is rich. But Obama wants voters to think it matters,
and that is why he stated it.

I did not imply Ann made big bucks - I simply stated what Ann made.
It's up to the reader, to determine if they think $80,000 a year is
"just getting by". It is what it is.

It is Obama who is trying to imply he grew up "strugging" and we all
know why he's doing it: for votes. It's kind of a shame he's taking
this "us" poor against "them" rich route in this campaign.
But considering he doesn't feel comfortable running on his record,
it's no surprise.
As has been pointed out to you, Ms. Physician's wife, is that Ann made those "big bucks" as you call them, long after BO was grown.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:08 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptug101 View Post
Govenor Romney lied about working his way through college.
he paid for it with stock his dad bought him,Ann Romney confirmed this.

and Govenor Romney father bought him his first house. My father makes 120K a yr
He could not buy me a house.

Obama was starving in his apartment,while he was at harvard law
and had to sell drugs to make ends meet.
LOL!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the funniest one I've read from the lunatic left, yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections