Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:40 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Is anyone surprised by this? I’m not sure I expected this particular attack to be leveled so early in the campaign, but there was no doubt it was coming. And if you are going to put out an ad this shameless, why not stoop even lower and time it’s release to coincide with the one-year anniversary of Bin Laden’s death for maximum political effect.
Link: New Obama campaign video asks: Would Mitt Romney have made the call to kill Bin Laden? « Hot Air

Desperation. The Oblama camp is in panic mode and it's not even August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times
I have been saying this for a while. Obama is in a panic and every lame attempt he makes to discredit Romney and the right ends up blowing up in his face. The Obama campaign is going to become more desperate and rabid....and it is going to be funny watching there demise. Buh bye!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:50 AM

756 posts, read 714,603 times
"it's not worth moving heaven and earth spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person." -- $Willard $Romney on bin Laden, April 2007

Old 04-27-2012, 10:54 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Considering that Romney hasn't yet become aware that the Soviet Union broke up years ago, there is no longer a place called Czechoslovakia and that the Cold War is over, I'd say no, he probably wouldn't have ordered the hit on Bin Laden. Now if you were asking about Nicolae Ceauşescu, Romney would probably make the call to take him out. Of course, like the Soviet block's demise, that's already happened. (I hope somebody tells Mitt so he doesn't further embarrass himself).

Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Given the quotes from Romney, it's a fair question. The problem with a candidate with a history of waffling is that you don't know what he would do because you don't know who he is. Attacking that is fair game in politics.

However, the ad reminds me very much of Hillary's "Who do you want answering the phone at 3 AM" spots. It's not surprising that the Clintonites are behind it.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Given the quotes from Romney, it's a fair question. The problem with a candidate with a history of waffling is that you don't know what he would do because you don't know who he is. Attacking that is fair game in politics.

However, the ad reminds me very much of Hillary's "Who do you want answering the phone at 3 AM" spots. It's not surprising that the Clintonites are behind it.
Keep defending the Obama camp's desperation. You're not doing so bad considering what you have to work with.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:02 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Not only is it rock bottom, consider it in light of Biden's big stick comment. I can't believe it's this crude, but we have Uncle Joe boasting about Obama's Big Stick, then a day or two later the Obama campaign is questioning whether Mitt would have the cojones to take out bin Ladin. What a screwy election this is going to be.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Keep defending the Obama camp's desperation. You're not doing so bad considering what you have to work with.
How is using Romney's own words about going after Bin Laden and going into Pakistan against him desperation??

Old 04-27-2012, 11:24 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,535,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
How is using Romney's own words about going after Bin Laden and going into Pakistan against him desperation??

Oh...there appears to be desperation alright, but it's not in the White House.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: New Obama campaign video asks: Would Mitt Romney have made the call to kill Bin Laden? « Hot Air

Desperation. The Oblama camp is in panic mode and it's not even August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I have been saying this for a while. Obama is in a panic and every lame attempt he makes to discredit Romney and the right ends up blowing up in his face. The Obama campaign is going to become more desperate and rabid....and it is going to be funny watching there demise. Buh bye!
It's a fair question and one the Republicans would have used. You know this is true.

Foreign policy will be a weakness for Romney and is a strength for Obama.

All the right can do is say, "What a low blow!"

How pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections