Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 01:02 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,188,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
He did it by closing loopholes, the same thing he has said he would do at the federal level... If you don't like it, that's fine, but it certainly doesn't point to any Romney hypocrisy.

And it is not the same thing as raising taxes. Closing loopholes is taking away the areas where people or companies avoid taxes with sometimes questionable deductions and such. They should have been paying them all along. It had not been addressed and was a big reason the state was in a finanacial mess when Romney became governor. I have not doubt he will take similar measures when he becomes president and it is long overdue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 01:08 AM

68,352 posts, read 54,513,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I still don't get lefties, they can't take yes for an answer. Shrug.
Romney's more likely to say 'YES' to war with Iran than Obama is, that's a needless yes for an answer.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:33 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,255,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
And it is not the same thing as raising taxes. Closing loopholes is taking away the areas where people or companies avoid taxes with sometimes questionable deductions and such. They should have been paying them all along. It had not been addressed and was a big reason the state was in a finanacial mess when Romney became governor. I have not doubt he will take similar measures when he becomes president and it is long overdue.

Loopholes?

Increasing property tax is "closing a tax loophole"?

Raising corporate tax is "closing a loophole"?

Creating a sales tax from purchasing stuff from the Internet is "closing a loophole"??

Raising the capital gain tax is "closing a loophole"?

Charging businesses more $$ to put up signs is "closing a loophole"??

Com'on. There may be some loopholes that Romney closed but ROMNEY RAISED TAXES and FEES too. That's a fact. Romney, in his effort to increase revenue, looked for any means possible to get more $$ from the taxpayers. If anything, his Romneycare and his ability to take money from taxpayers (and his cutting of spending too, in the context of full disclosure) is his legacy in MA.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:31 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,623,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Because you pretended to address my point...but then you didnt.Instead of providing quotes that you alleged disagreed with my point,which were in fact not relevant to my comment, you could have just ignored my post or pointed out that my response wasn't relevant.You chose to make it appear that two men don't agree with me when in fact there is no evidence that they don't.
The quotes addressed the portion of your comment that was relevant to the conversation. If you believe they were inadequate, rephrase the comment within the context of the thread's topic. Inference to the President is irrelevant and subsequently ignored. While it may be interesting to perform such comparison, for the scope of this conversation I did not include the President and have no interest in any comparison or opinion relating him to the thread's topic.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:41 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,781,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Romney's more likely to say 'YES' to war with Iran than Obama is, that's a needless yes for an answer.
There is no factual basis for thinking that.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:48 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,623,334 times
Romney's looking more like the anti-business candidate every day...

Old 04-28-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Romney's looking more like the anti-business candidate every day...
Lol, I expect the left would like that. Should Mr. Romney count on your vote?

Old 04-28-2012, 11:02 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,347,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
He's making the point that Romney is the Republican version of Obama when it comes to campaign promises and going 180° on them after being elected
We know that Obama has gone 180 degrees on his most important campaign promises, like cutting the deficit in half in his first term. Romney has not broken any of his presidential campaign promises and we don't know if he will.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:03 AM

37,972 posts, read 17,919,261 times
Quote:
Sigh, Reagans policies were quite successful.
Sigh his economic policies were "saved" when Volcker raised the interest rates

Quote:
Ron Paul is a nut.
sigh.. The only person in congress who told us years ahead of time the economy would collapse and the exact reasons why. He's not the nut here.

One of the few in Congress who was informed enough and read the CIA and Dept of Defense reports and rightfully concluded that our 60 years of intervention would make us less safe. He's not the one who is nuts here.

The nuts are the ones who don't learn from their many failures and mindlessly go about their life making the same mistakes over, and over, and over again. Big government types do this all too often. They keep eating garbage and wonder why it tastes bad.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Sigh his economic policies were "saved" when Volcker raised the interest rates

sigh.. The only person in congress who told us years ahead of time the economy would collapse and the exact reasons why. He's not the nut here.

One of the few in Congress who was informed enough and read the CIA and Dept of Defense reports and rightfully concluded that our 60 years of intervention would make us less safe. He's not the one who is nuts here.

The nuts are the ones who don't learn from their many failures and mindlessly go about their life making the same mistakes over, and over, and over again. Big government types do this all too often. They keep eating garbage and wonder why it tastes bad.
Lol, Reagan was responsible for Reagan's success.

Ron Paul is a hypocritical nut, who accepts ear marks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections