Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:54 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Uh I think you missed the part where I said street teams are volunteers. And yes even as a volunteer you're affiliated with the campaign. What kind of volunteer would you be if you didn't carry water for your boy. But again thanks for proving my point about not arguing in good faith with your little meltdown.
Give me a break. I am not affiliated with the campaign, I'm using my free speech. I can walk out anytime I want. I can say whatever I want about Mitt Romney. Nobody on his campaign staff has any idea who I am, I'm just some guy off the street who's walked into his Virginia headquarters to make a few phone calls, then went about my business. It's not an ongoing thing, I go in and do what I want to help, and do it when I please. It's the same as being a political donor, except I donate time instead of money. But it does not make me a part of the campaign. Please inform yourself about campaign structures before you talk. As someone who has studied political science, I have a great depth of knowledge about campaign structure and it is abundantly clear that you don't. I will not engage in a battle of wits with unarmed opponents though, so I am done replying to people who don't understand the fundamentals of political campaigns. I have enough stress in my life to have to fight with a brick wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 10:03 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
You guys may have a point about the biases of people who work for campaigns. But I don't think many on here understand the concept of volunteering for a campaign. I also volunteer for the Romney campaign. That should not shock most people on here. But I don't work them. If someone worked for a campaign, they would certainly defend that campaign at all costs. But if someone is giving up there own free time to help a candidate they believe in, well, they are doing that because they are passionate about that candidate. It's not the other way around - we're not defensive about our candidate because we're on their "volunteer payroll." We're volunteers because we believe in that candidate. We're not any more privy to campaign strategies and messaging strategies than the rest of you. This country was designed so that average people like myself, dixiegirl, and others can utilize our free speech by helping elect candidates we believe in. We all have our own normal lives and jobs. We're not career campaign staff.
How anyone can be passionate about Romney is truly a mystery to me. The man is boring with a capital z. Also, I doubt you are changing any minds with your cheerleading for him.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
Give me a break. I am not affiliated with the campaign, I'm using my free speech. I can walk out anytime I want. I can say whatever I want about Mitt Romney. Nobody on his campaign staff has any idea who I am, I'm just some guy off the street who's walked into his Virginia headquarters to make a few phone calls, then went about my business. It's not an ongoing thing, I go in and do what I want to help, and do it when I please. It's the same as being a political donor, except I donate time instead of money. But it does not make me a part of the campaign. Please inform yourself about campaign structures before you talk. As someone who has studied political science, I have a great depth of knowledge about campaign structure and it is abundantly clear that you don't. I will not engage in a battle of wits with unarmed opponents though, so I am done replying to people who don't understand the fundamentals of political campaigns. I have enough stress in my life to have to fight with a brick wall.
I am not sure that insulting people and acting indignant and angry is the best way to sell your candidate. But what do I know, I don't work for a campaign like you do.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I am not sure that insulting people and acting indignant and angry is the best way to sell your candidate. But what do I know, I don't work for a campaign like you do.
I'm not trying to sell him because I don't work for him. I'm just using my free speech. I'm using my free speech on this forum, I use my free speech when I choose of my own accord to make GOTV calls on behalf of the Romney campaign. If I worked for Romney he would never want me to be so aggressive. But again, I don't work for him. I guess I'm a liability. oh well. He can't really fire me since I don't work for him.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
How anyone can be passionate about Romney is truly a mystery to me. The man is boring with a capital z. Also, I doubt you are changing any minds with your cheerleading for him.
I'm not trying to. I don't think anyone comes to an internet politics forum as an undecided voter, it's mostly very opinionated people. If I worked for Romney, maybe I would be worried about it. but I say what i want and do what I want. If I wanted to volunteer for both Romney and Obama simultaneously I could because I have no allegiance to anyone except my opinion and who I want to help on any given day.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:18 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,194,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Y'know that's been the one commonality among all these volunteers too, besides the constant cheerleading threads hailing minor daily victories as unassailable omens of the future. Just a real crappy attitude toward anyone who doesn't have the kool-aid dribbling from their lips. For a campaign built around selling the preeminent salesman, they sure do a lousy job.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Y'know that's been the one commonality among all these volunteers too, besides the constant cheerleading threads hailing minor daily victories as unassailable omens of the future. Just a real crappy attitude toward anyone who doesn't have the kool-aid dribbling from their lips. For a campaign built around selling the preeminent salesman, they sure do a lousy job.
I'm not here to sell Ormney to anone, which is essentially what I've been trying to say all along. I'm sure I am doing a bad job of it since that's not my goal whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections