U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-04-2012, 09:11 AM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,584,450 times
Reputation: 1238

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Actually I started this thread to point out how much of a monolith African Americans happen to be. In other threads African Americans say " we are all not the same" or my personal favorite," what African American culture?".

Well we know politically African Americans have one track mind.
Lets say for the sake of arguing I agree with you, and we do vote with a one track mind. Given the responses to this thread and how republicans view blacks in general, why would we vote you guys? You already have a very low opinion of us anyway.

 
Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 AM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,584,450 times
Reputation: 1238
Instead of just asking edwards this question, i'll ask all republicans. Lets just say for the sake of arguing we blacks do vote the same. Why should we vote for a party who calls us lazy, thinks every black is on welfare, calls us brainwashed, and just in general has a low opinion of us as a group? Based of this thread alone, you don't like us anyway. Thats like you expecting a fat girl to sleep with you after calling her stupid, fat and ugly.
 
Old 05-04-2012, 09:21 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
22,745 posts, read 16,193,724 times
Reputation: 12719
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
I wish it weren't true but there has never been a town or city run by liberals that has a majority minority population that didn't have huge debt and crime.

I don't know what it is about freebies and crime but you can't erase the truth.

Never? Why do people use absolutes that are so easily disproven?

You might want to visit El Paso.

"El Paso City and County vote overwhelmingly Democratic,..."

El Paso, Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"El Paso has been ranked the safest city in the U.S. with a population of more than 500,000. Since 1997, El Paso has never ranked outside of the nationís three safest largest cities.
The Milken Instituteís 2011 Best-Performing Cities index ranks cities across the nation based on their ability to create and sustain jobs, and overall economic performance."

El Paso Starts 2012 with Top National Rankings |*El Paso REDCo | Where Business is Headed


As for the OP: I imagine that the percentages would be pretty much the same if the Democratic candidate was white, as historically that has been the case.
I think it is more accurate to say that blacks will overwhelming vote for the Democratic candidate regardless of color as this is really all that this poll proves.
 
Old 05-04-2012, 09:27 AM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,584,450 times
Reputation: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
"Them" who?

You are building quite a straw man there...
You obviously don't like black people. This country is 65-70% white. Why don't rally all your people to force us out, because complaining about us isn't doing you any good.
 
Old 05-04-2012, 09:38 AM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,293,490 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Instead of just asking edwards this question, i'll ask all republicans. Lets just say for the sake of arguing we blacks do vote the same. Why should we vote for a party who calls us lazy, thinks every black is on welfare, calls us brainwashed, and just in general has a low opinion of us as a group? Based of this thread alone, you don't like us anyway. Thats like you expecting a fat girl to sleep with you after calling her stupid, fat and ugly.
I'm a Republican. I don't believe every black is on welfare or brainwashed. However, the number of blacks who are receptive to Republican and conservative values of smaller government, individual responsibility, and free markets is obviously so tiny that it is not worth the effort to aggressively court them.

When you have a demographic group that is supporting you to the tune of 1%, it's pretty clear that they aren't interested in doing anything but continuing to vote for Democrats no matter what.

And yes, I will say that blacks are making a huge mistake by casting their lot with one political party. It diminishes their political power because the Democrats know that no matter what they do blacks will re-elect them and the Republicans know that no matter what they do blacks won't vote for them.

So if it seems like I'm calling blacks stupid, I guess you're right in a way. No other racial group has diluted their political power as much as blacks, and it really is short-sighted and not wise at all.
 
Old 05-04-2012, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Norman, OK
3,479 posts, read 6,333,996 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Thank you. Republicans that spew that crap are very ignorant.

Most blacks that voted for President Obama is because of the fact that he was a DEMOCRAT, idiots!
In the general, I agree. In the Democratic primary of 2008, not so much.
 
Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 33,873,781 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'm a Republican. I don't believe every black is on welfare or brainwashed. However, the number of blacks who are receptive to Republican and conservative values of smaller government, individual responsibility, and free markets is obviously so tiny that it is not worth the effort to aggressively court them.

When you have a demographic group that is supporting you to the tune of 1%, it's pretty clear that they aren't interested in doing anything but continuing to vote for Democrats no matter what.

And yes, I will say that blacks are making a huge mistake by casting their lot with one political party. It diminishes their political power because the Democrats know that no matter what they do blacks will re-elect them and the Republicans know that no matter what they do blacks won't vote for them.

So if it seems like I'm calling blacks stupid, I guess you're right in a way. No other racial group has diluted their political power as much as blacks, and it really is short-sighted and not wise at all.
Then if you really are interested in attracting blacks to your message of smaller government, free markets and individual responsibility, stop demonizing blacks to impress the rabid right wing. Southern Strategy, Roger Ailes, Lee Atwater, Karl Rove, Santorum, Newt, etc. If we didn't think Republicans hated us so much, we might give y'all a listen. The old McCain and Jon Huntsman are Republicans I liked very much.
 
Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 AM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,584,450 times
Reputation: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'm a Republican. I don't believe every black is on welfare or brainwashed. However, the number of blacks who are receptive to Republican and conservative values of smaller government, individual responsibility, and free markets is obviously so tiny that it is not worth the effort to aggressively court them.

When you have a demographic group that is supporting you to the tune of 1%, it's pretty clear that they aren't interested in doing anything but continuing to vote for Democrats no matter what.

And yes, I will say that blacks are making a huge mistake by casting their lot with one political party. It diminishes their political power because the Democrats know that no matter what they do blacks will re-elect them and the Republicans know that no matter what they do blacks won't vote for them.

So if it seems like I'm calling blacks stupid, I guess you're right in a way. No other racial group has diluted their political power as much as blacks, and it really is short-sighted and not wise at all.
So I should vote for the party that calls us stupid. I still don't understand what you are accomplishing. You create a thread that demonize us, by calling us lazy, uneducated, stupid, welfare dependant. How in world are we getting any political power with a group who feels that way about us?
 
Old 05-04-2012, 10:12 AM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,293,490 times
Reputation: 7449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Then if you really are interested in attracting blacks to your message of smaller government, free markets and individual responsibility, stop demonizing blacks to impress the rabid right wing. Southern Strategy, Roger Ailes, Lee Atwater, Karl Rove, Santorum, Newt, etc. If we didn't think Republicans hated us so much, we might give y'all a listen. The old McCain and Jon Huntsman are Republicans I liked very much.
I don't think there is ANYTHING Republicans can do to change the perception blacks have that the GOP hates them. The DNC and prominent black leaders have been pushing that lie forever, and obviously blacks believe it as evidenced by your post.

If Republicans hate blacks so much, why do Republicans champion school choice? Why do Republican blacks get prominent leadership positions? The GOP's "problem" is that it doesn't play to the victimhood so many blacks cherish. To me that's not a problem, though - it's a strength. People should be judged and treated as INDIVIDUALS not as groups, racial or otherwise.
 
Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM
 
3,421 posts, read 2,584,450 times
Reputation: 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I don't think there is ANYTHING Republicans can do to change the perception blacks have that the GOP hates them. The DNC and prominent black leaders have been pushing that lie forever, and obviously blacks believe it as evidenced by your post.

If Republicans hate blacks so much, why do Republicans champion school choice? Why do Republican blacks get prominent leadership positions? The GOP's problem is that it doesn't play to the victimhood so many blacks cherish.
If the opinions of this thread represent the view of blacks in the GOP, what exactly are benefiting from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:47 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top