Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:54 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,918,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's not really my issue since i'm not a Republican nor am i from Indiana. I don't care what nutcases they manage to elect on their side.

But still, you've gotta wonder about where the Republican Party is going when even Dick Lugar is too liberal for them. LMAO....that's insane, but that's the present state of the party.
bye bye another DREAM act sponsor.

hope they all go down.

for the OP, no i am not going to miss lugar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 06:57 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Dick Lugar hasn't lived in Indiana since 1977. Perhaps his state wants someone who knows who they are.

The man is 80 years old. If he was re-elected he'd be 86 at the end of his term. It's time he retired.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:13 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,549,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
When a liberal like myself is left scratching his head trying to figure out how a Richard Lugar isn't worthy of conservative support is the day that you know that the world has turned upside down.

Because if Obamacare is approved by the Supreme Court it'll be voted for by the 2 Justices Lugar approved!!!!!

Thanks Dick!!

He got fat and happy and lost touch with Hoosiers! He hardly went challenged in his re-elections!! That seat did not belong to Lugar. It belonged to the folks.

Also, just cut the spin! Could it be that Lugar lost simply because his buddy and pal Obama has raised the stakes so high, that Indiana wanted a real conservative! One that:

Believes in the 2nd Amendment

Who is Pro Life

Who believes in protecting marriage

http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/POTUS-Lugar.jpg (broken link)

He worked with Obama on decreasing of our NUKES with the Russians!! THE RUSSIANS!!!

Because you just KNOW that this guy will follow thru on his side of the deal:

A strong defense is the only think they understand. I guess Lugar forgot that too.

Bye bye Dick!

Old 05-09-2012, 07:30 AM

756 posts, read 714,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It's a great day indeed. The extreme right teabagger Mourdock will have the independents running as fast as they can to Donnelly, all but sealing the deal for another democrat senate seat.

Thanks teabaggers

Those half-cocked 'baggers strike again

Old 05-09-2012, 07:36 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Not me. He has been there too long. The rest of the country should follow the lead of Indiana and start getting rid of career politicians. If we made it like it was supposed to be, these people would go to Washington for a period of time and come home to the real world and somebody else would go. We would not have people there for life.
Sure somebody will miss that he is no longer in the Senate. The GOP will likely have to deal with another Dem in that seat, so they will miss him.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:49 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
bye bye another DREAM act sponsor.

hope they all go down.

for the OP, no i am not going to miss lugar.
Why do so many conservatives such as yourself have such an anti-family stance when it comes to immigration and the Dream Act?

And since you are from Florida, I am assuming you want all Cubans to go home. Correct? Or do you believe it is fair that they get a free pass?

Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Not me. He has been there too long. The rest of the country should follow the lead of Indiana and start getting rid of career politicians. If we made it like it was supposed to be, these people would go to Washington for a period of time and come home to the real world and somebody else would go. We would not have people there for life.
I agree 100% and would agree if he had been a Dem as well.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Dick Lugar hasn't lived in Indiana since 1977. Perhaps his state wants someone who knows who they are.

The man is 80 years old. If he was re-elected he'd be 86 at the end of his term. It's time he retired.

^^This.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:12 AM

1,347 posts, read 1,088,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Yep. Just like I was saying, if he weren't so out of touch, I think he still could have won in spite of his record.

Also, Mourdock is more of a Pat Toomey than a Christine O'Donnell. He's held statewide office in Indiana before and was very popular. He's certainly not a nutcase and will almost definitely win the seat, the problem is the race will now likely drain RSCC funds that should be going to defend Scott Brown and Dean Heller as well as to pick up new seats.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
my being somewhat sentimental as a little sorry to see him get defeated, but you are right, regardless of your political leanings there is a time to hang it up. This is why I am so in favor of term limits. I think congress should be able to serve long enough to get something accomplished, but not forever. Plus I wish the house rep terms were 4 years instead of 2: we have watched and actually known many cogressmen, all they do is run for office. Not by choice, but they have to be constantly running, they are only elected for 2 years. Give them 3, four year terms and give senators 2, 6 year terms (something like that) Then they go back home and live out their lives, doing whatever, probably becoming anchor people on TV..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections