Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Everyone is talking about WI, but no one has commented on Romney's total wipe yesterday including winning Ca. which is a winner take all state...I guess when he wrapped everything up last week the majority of the country, including the media lost interest. Our local paper had a huge front page story about Walker and at the very end, after a page and 1/2 they mentioned the other primaries.

Nita
No one thinks Romney even has a chance in California. To say romney wont win there, isnt really news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 07:45 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Everyone is talking about WI, but no one has commented on Romney's total wipe yesterday including winning Ca. which is a winner take all state...I guess when he wrapped everything up last week the majority of the country, including the media lost interest. Our local paper had a huge front page story about Walker and at the very end, after a page and 1/2 they mentioned the other primaries.

Nita
Probably becuz YOU'RE OFF TOPIC.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Think before you dis the Huffington because you don't like what they say?

Anotehr ignorant post from a leftist.....

Tell me, why was Walker being recalled? Because some people did not like what he said....right...

Old 06-06-2012, 07:54 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Reports from exit polls conducted during yesterday's recall election in Wisconsin indicate majority support for President Obama's re-election. .

The exit polls also showed a 50/50 race.....and look at what happened....

Do you think the people of WI were BSing the news people?

Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Reports from exit polls conducted during yesterday's recall election in Wisconsin indicate majority support for President Obama's re-election. So, no, I don't think the Walker victory (defeat actually, that he had to endure a recall election in the first place) has much significance beyond the WI borders. All politics is "local." Many who voted for Walker didn't like what he had done in his attack on American values and first responders, teachers, etc., but they believed going the recall route was the wrong approach.
The same exit polls showed a "tight race" between Walker and Barrett, tied at 50/50.

Oblama will lose Wisconsin, there is no doubt about it in my mind.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:57 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
With a Walker victory in WI, something terribly wrong in that state, one that will go for Obama in November. Local victory for the clueless Conservatives in that dairy state choosing not to recall this simpleton. GOP spent a great deal of money in WI to support Walker and fool the clueless with deceptive marketing.

All in all, the GOP stinks. This result doesn't change that.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:59 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It is a manisfestation of fear, as they know that the Walker outcome portends a defeat for Obama in the fall. Obama, with unemployment at 8.2% and the economy in the tank does not stand a chance. Only the libs will vote for him, and there are not enough libs to carry the day for him.
I'm on record numerous times saying that I fully believe that Democrats are underestimating how disliked Barack Obama is across this country. I don't believe polls are accurately capturing the true public sentiment. In my mind, the resounding defeat of Democrats last night supports my theory. The reality is, Conservatives and moderates are paying attention to the trajectory of this nation, and they don't like what they see. Obama is done in November. Not a doubt in my mind.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Wisconsin deserves the Gov they have. I'm glad they are embarrassing themselves like this, does my heart good.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No all, but a good percentage of union haters are just jealous and bitter that they weren't smart enough or talented enough to get into a good union with good pay and benefits.

IBEW Member 25+ years.
Big difference between private sector unions and public sector unions. In the private sector the employer (who is paying the salaries) negotiates a contract he can afford to pay. In the public sector the taxpayer (who is paying the salaries) has no say in the contract negotiations. Some politician, who is in the union's pocket, negotiates a quid pro quo agreement so he can get the union's support for his next election.

The only fly in the ointment for private sector unions is when the employer negotiates a contract he can not afford and the government steps in to pay it anyway.(GM)

Old 06-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
The alphabet nets suddenly decided this election isnt important. Pathetic! to say the least. Whats with the misleading polls leading up to this? I wish people had better memories and remember this crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections