Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:40 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
As a liberal why does wade52 feel it is acceptable to use being gay as an insult?

As a conservo, why does mich-moon feel obsessed with misinterpreting what's been thoroughly explained to him repeatedly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 01:53 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
As a conservo, why does mich-moon feel obsessed with misinterpreting what's been thoroughly explained to him repeatedly?
You are not naive. You know that it is a derogatory comment to describe gay people. Why do you feel it is acceptable to use gay as an insult?

Old 06-26-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
You are not naive. You know that it is a derogatory comment to describe gay people. Why do you feel it is acceptable to use gay as an insult?

The insult is not aimed at gays. Why do you have this obsession with gay? Playing ignorant at this point is disingenuous.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
The insult is not aimed at gays. Why do you have this obsession with gay? Playing ignorant at this point is disingenuous.
If you use "gay" to describe a car that you do not like...the insult is not aimed at gays, but it still insults gays nonetheless. You are using gay as an insult, thus gay becomes a derogatory word and has a negative connotation. You are perpetuating the bigotry against gays by using anti-gay slurs to describe people you disagree with politically.

You are disingenuous on this point, because you know you cannot defend what I have outlined above.

I guess this concludes the manner as you refuse to defend your anti-gay comments.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
If you use "gay" to describe a car that you do not like...the insult is not aimed at gays, but it still insults gays nonetheless. You are using gay as an insult, thus gay becomes a derogatory word and has a negative connotation. You are perpetuating the bigotry against gays by using anti-gay slurs to describe people you disagree with politically.

You are disingenuous on this point, because you know you cannot defend what I have outlined above.

I guess this concludes the manner as you refuse to defend your anti-gay comments.

I wil continue to use the term teabagger towards the tea party racists in large part because they are so offended by it.

The fact that it is the term of their choosing makes it all the more satisfying.

Old 06-26-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I wil continue to use the term teabagger towards the tea party racists in large part because they are so offended by it.

The fact that it is the term of their choosing makes it all the more satisfying.
As I stated before, all "adults," whether they be Tea Party, Republican, Democrat, or other -- when they found out the hateful meaning of the word stopped using it. Not everyone initially knew the slang, now most do, and you do.

You are choosing to be bigoted. You are choosing to use "gay" as an insult to describe people you disagree with politically. You are choosing to perpetuate negative connotations towards gays.

Congratulations, I hope you feel like a big man calling a large diverse group of people gay -- over a disagreement on policies.

P.S. some OWS members raped girls -- does that mean all OWS people are rapists? Seems to be your logic of finding Tea Party members and singling them out to make broad generalizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections