Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:09 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,607,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Post #69 is pretty darn ignorant.......
Truth hurts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 07:31 AM

46,263 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
Truth hurts
If it was the truth, then maybe....

Old 06-28-2012, 08:10 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,156,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You mean make profit for hard working middle class people whose pensions and 401Ks invested indirectly or directly through Bain?

So you are asking me how a fictional person doing illegal activities which hurts the economy and has no taxes collected is similar to Bain that is real, legal, raised revenue for the government and had a net positive impact on the country???
Did you not see the part of the video where the guy testified that he lost his entire pension because of Bain? Ray Charles saw it. What some of you people fail to understand is...where do you draw the line at profits over people? Bain is a successful company but at the expense of destorying entire towns who rely on said company for their livelihood.

Romney is like the Gordon Gecko character in Wall Street. He swoops in like he cares about the people at these companies only to pull the rug out from under them with a bust out. It's heartless but it's business and that's what he is good at. He is a unique individual. Does he really care about the American people? That's my question. How can you if you are responsible for turning these people's lives inside out. I don't care how much money i could potentially make, I could not sleep at night knowing I killed an entire town.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Steve Jobs (your idol) has more negatives in business than Romney. Why the free pass for him and Buffett?

Do you have a moral compass or is it anything goes as long as you make a profit? Sometimes, we have to take a stand on what's right even if it is your job to do otherwise. There was a story this winter where some marshalls decided not to evict this elderly woman because it was freezing cold. Each of them were docked for it but they all said it was worth it because they wouldn't be able to sleep at night if they did. I've said in the past that I don't think Romney is a bad person but he comes across as clueless to the plight of Americans who invest so much of their lives into the companies, only to have it taken away because of greed.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:20 AM

26,483 posts, read 15,063,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Did you not see the part of the video where the guy testified that he lost his entire pension because of Bain? Ray Charles saw it. What some of you people fail to understand is...where do you draw the line at profits over people? Bain is a successful company but at the expense of destorying entire towns who rely on said company for their livelihood.

Romney is like the Gordon Gecko character in Wall Street. He swoops in like he cares about the people at these companies only to pull the rug out from under them with a bust out. It's heartless but it's business and that's what he is good at. He is a unique individual. Does he really care about the American people? That's my question. How can you if you are responsible for turning these people's lives inside out. I don't care how much money i could potentially make, I could not sleep at night knowing I killed an entire town.
Pensions are not a guaranteed and if the company goes bankrupt so can the pension. How do I know that this guy is telling the truth and it goes back to Romney. Obama has already lied about Romney's record at Bain and blamed Romney for something that heappened well after he left and in fact one of Obama's own campaign bundlers was in charge of it.

Obama is a major hypocrite, taking money from Bain while bashing it.

Also, my point on pensions is that - that is Romney's job. Pensions and 401Ks invest in Bain. Romney made money for people with pensions and 401Ks.

If you personally, yes you DC's Finest, have a pension or 401K there is a good chance that Romney made you money.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Pensions are not a guaranteed and if the company goes bankrupt so can the pension. How do I know that this guy is telling the truth and it goes back to Romney. Obama has already lied about Romney's record at Bain and blamed Romney for something that heappened well after he left and in fact one of Obama's own campaign bundlers was in charge of it.

Obama is a major hypocrite, taking money from Bain while bashing it.
So this guy as well as the other 50 videos of people telling their stories of how Bain came in and stripped their company, laid everybody off and filed chapter 11 are all embellishments? Wow! I don't want a President with the mindset of "Profits over People." That's not a good way to govern.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
So this guy as well as the other 50 videos of people telling their stories of how Bain came in and stripped their company, laid everybody off and filed chapter 11 are all embellishments? Wow! I don't want a President with the mindset of "Profits over People." That's not a good way to govern.
So you are voting against Obama?

Obama says that since US companies need to compete globally (profits) that it would be harmful to bring back most outsourced jobs (over people).

Sometimes companies are going under and unprofitable. That is life.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,093,273 times
Quote:
Do you have a moral compass or is it anything goes as long as you make a profit? Sometimes, we have to take a stand on what's right even if it is your job to do otherwise. There was a story this winter where some marshalls decided not to evict this elderly woman because it was freezing cold. Each of them were docked for it but they all said it was worth it because they wouldn't be able to sleep at night if they did. I've said in the past that I don't think Romney is a bad person but he comes across as clueless to the plight of Americans who invest so much of their lives into the companies, only to have it taken away because of greed.
Tell me whats wrong with using assest you are buying as collateral for loans you are taking out? Thats exaclty how ever dam home in america is bought which doesnt involve cash purchases..

Are you telling me home buyers are evil?

Old 06-29-2012, 07:39 PM

The only thing mafia-like about Bain was the poor Democrat mayor Booker of Newark. He talked common sense about Bain and then the White House response was "He's dead to me" and poor Booker had to do the hostage like video...he was sweating...nervously looking off camera...

...poor Booker, spoke the truth and made enemies at the highest levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections