Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 06:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitterstump View Post
I have picked accurately about who the president will be since Ronald Reagan. Several months before the election I get a feeling in my bones which conforms exactly to truth.

President Mitt Romney will take office in Jan.
I haven't been wrong since Nixon, and I believe Obama will win another term, we shall see who's record will be broken in November.

Old 07-08-2012, 06:25 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I guess the OP will get their surprise in november. ah well

I think people will finally see that considering the horrid economy her inherited he hasn't done too bad. If he is making headway, why go back to a group that has repeated run the economy into the ground? I doubt we could afford 4 years of Romney.
Would that be the same horrid economy Obama created when he was a senator?

Old 07-08-2012, 05:16 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I agree on House, but GOP Senate will be with a minimum of 55 seats. 21 Dems up, at least 4 are dead ducks in redish states, so GOP will take at least 3 of the others, also.

BHO will lose independent vote unless job gains escalate rapidly fast. Trend matters.
I base my prediction on the Electorial College vote. Despite everything, Obama still has an advantage in the EC which is the only vote that counts. Romney may very well win the popular vote. It will be close. Almost 50/50 because we are roughly a 50/50 nation. But the fact is that Obama has many more ways to cobble 271 EC votes than Romney does. Romney needs to win 2 of 3 of Ohio, Penn, Mich and I do not see anyway he can win 2 of them. And that is assuming he wins Florida and he may not win there. Things can happen in the next 3 months that can swing the numbers but as of now, my bet is still on 4 more years for Barrack Obama.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I haven't been wrong since Nixon, and I believe Obama will win another term, we shall see who's record will be broken in November.
I was wrong only once. I thought Gore would beat Bush.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:19 PM

45 posts, read 22,066 times
Right. Ánd Johnny Bravo is related to Elvis. Nice troll thread buddy.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:22 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
I base my prediction on the Electorial College vote. Despite everything, Obama still has an advantage in the EC which is the only vote that counts. Romney may very well win the popular vote. It will be close. Almost 50/50 because we are roughly a 50/50 nation. But the fact is that Obama has many more ways to cobble 271 EC votes than Romney does. Romney needs to win 2 of 3 of Ohio, Penn, Mich and I do not see anyway he can win 2 of them. And that is assuming he wins Florida and he may not win there. Things can happen in the next 3 months that can swing the numbers but as of now, my bet is still on 4 more years for Barrack Obama.
I understand your method, but BHO is in for the same last few months slippage Jimmy Carter suffered, unless job gains get past the level of this last quarter manyfold. Many who voted against Carter almost pittied his ineptitude as one would Ted Baxter, and more jobs reports not many times better will do the same for BO. People do not vote for laughinstock presidents, espcially the ever fluid independents.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I understand your method, but BHO is in for the same last few months slippage Jimmy Carter suffered, unless job gains get past the level of this last quarter manyfold. Many who voted against Carter almost pittied his ineptitude as one would Ted Baxter, and more jobs reports not many times better will do the same for BO. People do not vote for laughinstock presidents, espcially the ever fluid independents.
Obama may lose but if I had to bet right now, I would bet on him to win. Again simply because of the Electorial College math. If it were simply on the popular vote, I would give a very slight advantage to Mittens Romney.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:58 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Obama may lose but if I had to bet right now, I would bet on him to win. Again simply because of the Electorial College math. If it were simply on the popular vote, I would give a very slight advantage to Mittens Romney.
Time will tell, and I will not be shocked at 330 electroal votes for either man. When one is in the worst recovery of our lives, one gets a Carter-An election that appeared close but broke away late. I suspect 2012 will be the same way, and I'd be pssimistic if a BO fan w/o a million new jobs during the next 4 monthly reports.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:15 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Would that be the same horrid economy Obama created when he was a senator?

Obama created an economy as a Senator... wow! I don't even think you could sell that to the desperate of the Right... I'm a little surprised you actually wrote it out... Cognitive dissonance?

Old 07-08-2012, 09:28 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
mitt 45 ! ! !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections