Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 04:47 PM

27,164 posts, read 15,341,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You know I understand Obama's hired Chicago thugs demanding tax returns but the President? Obama continues to devalue the office of the White House.

The American people want to discuss real issues. We know Romney is very wealthy. We know he does not pay the top rate due to his earnings are derived mostly from investments. If Obama wants to have a substantive debate on tax policy fine but this is ridiculous.

Yes Sir!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 05:06 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,426,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Running for public office kind of limits your expectations for privacy.
Unless you're Obama. In which case all requests for info are racial hatred.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:06 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,452,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Mitt Romney living in his son's unfinished basement (since he had no home in Mass. at that time), thereby establishing residency so he could vote in Mass. for Scott Brown ... priceless.

Did Mitt Romney Live In His Son's Unfinished Basement Last Year? - Forbes

Now *there's* some voter fraud I could believe!

Old 08-17-2012, 05:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,872,615 times
so first the speculation was he committed tax fraud by hiding money in off shore accounts, then it was he didnt pay any taxes for ten years, now its he committed voter fraud. whats next? illegal exemptions for for dependents?

as i said before, this is all smoke and mirrors deflection from the real issues, obamas complete incompetence and chicago style politics.

46,319 posts, read 27,145,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
Your post is irrelevant to me. I haven't brought Palin into this discussion and I've noticed you continually bringing outside discussions into this conversation -- Warren Buffet and now Palin, neither are relevant.

If you can't remain on topic, don't reply.
You need to remember what you wrote....

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
I'm not sure about class warfare, but what he would use them to show the kind of tax loopholes and set of rules that people like Romney are able to use to get such low tax rates; loopholes and rules that are out of the reach of middle class and poor Americans.

It makes for a good discussion about the tax code and its 77,000 pages.
You brought up tax loop holes......do tax loop holes only apply to Romney?

Why will you not discuss what you brought up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
When we start computing taxes by dividing the tax burden by 300 million, that may have relevance. Until then, a middle class person paying a higher rate than Romney has every bit the right to consternation.

The bigger question is why does the middle class right-wing jump to the defense of the rich's preferred tax treatment?
Because it is not preferred.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
No news still
Breaking News! Mitt Romney is still rich! He will pay more tax on his income from today than most people will for a year and they'll still accuse him of not paying his fair share.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:15 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,161,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
so first the speculation was he committed tax fraud by hiding money in off shore accounts, then it was he didnt pay any taxes for ten years, now its he committed voter fraud. whats next? illegal exemptions for for dependents?

as i said before, this is all smoke and mirrors deflection from the real issues, obamas complete incompetence and chicago style politics.
Has Romney been sneaking Mexican Mormons into the USA, well I never

Old 08-17-2012, 05:18 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,533,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

So says you, if this was Obama doing something like this in 2008, he wouldn't have even made it past round 2, your side deserves what is most likely coming to them this fall, if, this wasn't vetted, dealt with and settled, before you nominated him.
This like saying, well, the teacher didn't do anything to teach the kids, so let's replace her with someone who's a 10th grade dropout and has a fifth grade reading level (not saying Romney is a 10th grade dropout who can't read, but the metaphor's the same.)
Back to the OP's point, this is most likely, IMO, why, he's not releasing the tax returns pre 2010.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:18 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Hmm, dunno what the Birthers are fishing for? But 'fishing expedition' or no, the obvious thing to most folks is that Romney could easily make this whole tax thang go away overnight, by simply releasing his tax records, just like Obama, McCain, both Bushes, Clinton, Reagan, and even Romney's father all have. So any problems he's having on the issue are clearly "self-inflicted".

Tax History Project: Presidential Tax Returns
A big difference that I failed to mention is that the birthers and college transcript searchers are not associated with the campaign, whereas the tax fishing expedition is coming straight from obama's campaign. They should be ashamed of themselves for being unable to run a substantive campaign, but instead resorting to fishing expeditions to further their class warfare strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections