Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 06:30 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,992,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
In the Mormon Church and its search for a New World Order...
Kind of paranoid, are we?

Quote:
...since he was the equivalent of a Bishop to them for 14 years.
Make that 5 years (1981 - 1986). By the way, a man is either a bishop or he's not a bishop. There is no "equivalent" of a bishop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 06:35 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
https://apps.facebook.com/thehillsoc...rV-a8gtO8aJyUk#_=_
“Show us your sealed college records and Operation Fast and Furious White House memos, and we will all show you our tax returns,” West wrote on his Facebook page Friday

Old 08-17-2012, 06:36 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,992,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
...and why did you think it necessary to throw in the Mormon bit?
I think you know the answer to that. It's called bigotry. Otherwise, it wouldn't come up in every flippin' post people make.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Ah, "class warfare." That's when the lower classes dare to question why a man with a quarter of a billion dollars gets to pay only 13% of his income in taxes, when they pay a higher rate. Got it.

His father's opponents would have never dreamed of doing this because upper income tax-rates were 70% back then and the elder Romney ddisclosed 12 years of returns and did so because he believed “One year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show.” So, what should we think when his son discloses only one year of tax returns and refuses to disclose any previous years? His father would likely think it was for show.

The Kennedy's supported policies that helped the middle-class -- against their own financial interests. R'money is no Kennedy.
His father paid 37%...because that was the law then....Mitt paid 13%....because that's the law now. People are out to make it like he did some thing wrong by paying his taxes way any one else would in his situation.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:44 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,260,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Mitt paid 13%.
We don't know how much he paid because he refuses to release his returns.

The man is a pathological liar and just because he says he paid 13% doesn't mean he paid 13% (like that is fair - legal, perhaps, but fair?).

He needs to release his returns so we can see the "ammunition" for ourselves.

Hey, Romney! What are you hiding??

Old 08-17-2012, 06:59 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Lol nobody knows what a twit here is That's British parlance, not American. But, doh you got us! You found out Romney's secret that he wants women to be chained to the kitchen, barefoot, and pregnant (!)
No dear boy, that is normal English parlance, yes I do agree it would be a bit much for American conservatives many of whom would believe the bible was first written in English.
But hey, I am not saying that keeping them chained in the kitchen without a credit card is wrong.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,546,616 times
I don't know what he did but I certainly don't see him living in a basement. Really? He can't afford better then that.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:41 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,402,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
Mitt Romney living in his son's unfinished basement (since he had no home in Mass. at that time), thereby establishing residency so he could vote in Mass. for Scott Brown ... priceless.

Did Mitt Romney Live In His Son's Unfinished Basement Last Year? - Forbes

Now *there's* some voter fraud I could believe!

His son's house has six bedrooms.

Why would he stay in an unfinished basement?

Show me a voter registration from somewhere other than MA for the same period and I'll entertain voter fraud speculation.

Aside from that, a guy with multiple homes in multiple states can call whichever one he wants his home for voting purposes, and that includes his kid's couch.

Furthermore, I'm not sure it is illegal for a person with more than one home to use one home for voting purposes and another for tax purposes.

I expect a person with so much personal property and who is known to make good use of all legal deductions would leave more of a paper trail related to his primary residence than just a redacted address.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:47 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,547,446 times
Nothing like NYC liberals who have summer homes in Florida and are registered to vote in both NY and FL and did so thanks to airline travel.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,532,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
His son's house has six bedrooms.

Why would he stay in an unfinished basement?

Show me a voter registration from somewhere other than MA for the same period and I'll entertain voter fraud speculation.
If he mans up and releases the taxes, at that point, we would know if he was registered to vote in another state (most likely CA) since that information would somehow come out at that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections