Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Zimar...Doesn't this beg the question that no one was quite sure what Mr Obama's policies were going to be? For the most part, a 'present' voting status in his less than one term in the Senate, vague, but admittedly encouraging language of hope and change and fundamental transformation. I don't believe one can really call those a track record though, or policies.

Your argument is just not persuasive, as it lacks substance to support it.

Don't be lazy, relying on media, blogs, or chatrooms. Research Romney's positions yourself. Then, if you disagree, no problemo. It is easy...mittromney.com/issues will get to any of these topics.

To learn more about Mitt's plan, select an issue below:
I just said, I had serious questions about Obama as a candidate. But then Sarah Palin came along and made voting easy. But the questions about Romney are even more serious. I've READ this week's version of Romney's plans and I DON'T LIKE THEM. Earth to Republican posters: there are intelligent people who can read Mitt Romney's plans and DISAGREE. Obama actually did exceed what I was expecting from him, so I am voting for him again. Yeah, I'm a pessimist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
I love the spectacle of a Romney campaign worker starting a thread bragging about the cheers that Romney received from the other paid and/or volunteer campaign supporters that he bussed into his own event.

His speech was nothing more than political theater designed to boost his credentials with the racist base of the GOP. Romney the lionhearted venturing into the enemies den and teaching those uppity, handout seeking blacks a lesson is already the narrative being created by the campaign and Fox News.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
No, you did not say you had serious questions about Obama. You said you were seriously considering voting for McCain, before he picked Palin. The two statements are quite different. One does not necessarily point to the other.

Since you said no one knew what Romney's stances were, it is reasonable to assume you had not read the positions. BTW, the official positions have not changed much, if at all. A candidate, any candidate may misspeak on the stump, or a surrogate may not tow the party line on everything, and those can certainly get twisted and misunderstood. All politicians are subject to that. All. We all know that.

You are predisposed to be against Romney. That is fine with me, and anyone else, I'm sure. Just don't try to cloak it, as something else, especially with a transparent cloak.

You are losing your cool with statements like...Earth to Republican posters... Try honestly reassessing if you can really still support another four years of Mr Obama's proven ineffective policies, and divisiveness. It may be that you are really conflicted about his performance, the dire ction of the country. Which creates a real angst, which is why you come out with frustrated...Earth to Republican posters...type statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I just said, I had serious questions about Obama as a candidate. But then Sarah Palin came along and made voting easy. But the questions about Romney are even more serious. I've READ this week's version of Romney's plans and I DON'T LIKE THEM. Earth to Republican posters: there are intelligent people who can read Mitt Romney's plans and DISAGREE. Obama actually did exceed what I was expecting from him, so I am voting for him again. Yeah, I'm a pessimist.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:
No. You do not vote for a candidate as fundamentally weak as Mitt Romney just to "give it a try." This is the election for the most powerful position on the face of the earth, not a menu at Chili's.
Why vote for the demonstrably weak, incompetent failure who is currently occupying the White House?

Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
You are predisposed to be against Romney. That is fine with me, and anyone else, I'm sure. Just don't try to cloak it, as something else, especially with a transparent cloak.

You are losing your cool with statements like...Earth to Republican posters... Try honestly reassessing if you can really still support another four years of Mr Obama's proven ineffective policies, and divisiveness. It may be that you are really conflicted about his performance, the dire ction of the country. Which creates a real angst, which is why you come out with frustrated...Earth to Republican posters...type statements.
No... to your entire post. I try to be realistic, which I guess seems "conflicted" to some people. Obama is not a perfect president, but his divisiveness, I think, has little to do with his actual characteristics and more to do with the political climate. I think you can have a lot of legitimate problems with Obama and still decide that he's the better option. I used to to think Romney is going to be a moderate when elected, but someone pointed out to me (yesterday, in fact), that it's just as likely that he will over-compensate to "prove" himself worthy to conservatives if he wins, particularly if he wants those same people to re-elect him. I can't deal with another far-right regime, or even the thought of that. I can't deal with the idea of wars in Syria or Iran, or 6 uber-conservative supreme court justices.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:24 AM

276 posts, read 236,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I love the spectacle of a Romney campaign worker starting a thread bragging about the cheers that Romney received from the other paid and/or volunteer campaign supporters that he bussed into his own event.

His speech was nothing more than political theater designed to boost his credentials with the racist base of the GOP. Romney the lionhearted venturing into the enemies den and teaching those uppity, handout seeking blacks a lesson is already the narrative being created by the campaign and Fox News.

To Rep.Cleaver:This Message was NOT Pre-Approved by the NAACP - YouTube

Old 07-12-2012, 10:46 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Trace, the problem is... NO ONE is quite sure what Romney's policies are, not even Romney himself.
Nonsense. Mitt Romney has an EIGHTY-SEVEN (87) PAGE plan outlining exactly what he wants to do on every important aspect of the economy. By "NO ONE" you must mean DNC party hacks who are incapable of using google and reading the English language. By the way, where is Oblama's plan for the economy? Is it the budget he submitted to Congress, which didn't receive a single vote in the House or the Senate?

Link to Romney plan:
http://www.mittromney.com/sites/defa...rowth-Full.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar
As an aside, your tone is always so insulting and your posts are full of ad-hominem attacks, I feel dumb just for responding to them.
If my posts are in violation of the terms of service, you may rest assured that the diligent moderators on City-Data will address them. For you to bring up your ad hominem attack against me is itself a violation of the terms of service, not to mention off topic. If you do not like reading my posts, stop reading them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar
John McCain is an "elder stateman" of sorts, and I am convinced he could have won in '08 if it hadn't been for a little judgment error named Sarah Palin. I was honestly considering voting for him, and then he picked her, and then it was over.
Nobody believes you.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
If my posts are in violation of the terms of service, you may rest assured that the diligent moderators on City-Data will address them. For you to bring up your ad hominem attack against me is itself a violation of the terms of service, not to mention off topic. If you do not like reading my posts, stop reading them.

Nobody believes you.
You can maintain an insulting, derogatory tone, and still stay well within citydata's policies. Which you do. I'm surprised you didn't think people would notice that. Just like the Republican party can use coded language when we hear people like Sarah Palin talk about "REAL" Americans vs. everyone else, and we know what they're talking about. This is part of the reason minorities will stay wary of the Republican party for a long time.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:37 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Default The problem w/ Romney's NAACP Speech: He treated them as equals, Americans, adults

A comment or two from members of the NAACP basically sum it up. You cant talk to black people about savings accounts, entrepreneurship, etc. They dont have savings accounts and are lucky if they can figure out how to get to work.

The NAACP, I believe is pretty much a racist group. They, along with the Democrat Party, survive by keeping people down, keeping the thought alive that they are nothing but victims who just cant make it on their own, without the government "helping" them.

Romney spoke to them as if they were Americans, equal, and adults. For a group who thinks that black people and other minorities just cant get equality in this country, it sure is ironic that when they are treated as equals, they cant stand it. Romney didnt tailor his speech to be all about breaking them down into nothing but color. But of course, that is just what they wanted.

It is groups like the NAACP, the CBC, and much of the Democrat Party that contribute mightily to problems of minorities. They dont try to build them up and get them to believe in themselves. They dont encourage them to get out their and try their best, start a business, etc. They hold them down. Without pseudo-victims, the NAACP, the CBC, and the Democrat Party would be in ruins. If they truly saw things as equal and looked at Americans, as Americans other than color, they wouldnt have the jobs they have. It's self interest, not any true striving to make a difference that they stand for.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:41 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
A vote for obama is a vote for communism...
There should be no question who to cast your vote for, unless you desire to live in obama's Cuba...!!
BS. Take a trip to Cuba, then come back and repeat your comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections