Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:02 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,854,002 times

Advertisements

Medicare

Mitt's plan: If seniors choose more expensive plans, they will have to pay the difference between the support amount and the premium price; if they choose less expensive plans, they can use any leftover support to pay other medical expenses like co-pays and deductibles.

Mitt's plan works very well if you can afford to pay more than Mitt Romney's people think you are worth.
Obama ..he just tries to make sure people have at least a minimum level of care. Obama may ration your care. Mitt is stating he will definitely ration your care. (You just pay for the extra part that comes after the rationing occurs.)

This is a no brainer, people. Obviously, Since I have more money than you, I have better options. If you are a poorer senior citizen, then, hey, tough luck, chum.
PS, don't complain about it either. That's just "dangerous class warfare."

Old 07-17-2012, 07:23 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,826,495 times
And really, do poor people even really need to live that long anyway? I mean, it's not like they're out creating jobs like the wealthy, and besides, who's even going to miss them? They're just burdening everybody with their entitlements!

Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Mitt isn't concerned about the very poor. They'll get their ration, and like it.
Romney: Campaign ‘Not Concerned About the Very Poor’ - ABC News

Old 07-17-2012, 08:26 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,476,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Medicare

Mitt's plan: If seniors choose more expensive plans, they will have to pay the difference between the support amount and the premium price; if they choose less expensive plans, they can use any leftover support to pay other medical expenses like co-pays and deductibles.

Mitt's plan works very well if you can afford to pay more than Mitt Romney's people think you are worth.
Obama ..he just tries to make sure people have at least a minimum level of care. Obama may ration your care. Mitt is stating he will definitely ration your care. (You just pay for the extra part that comes after the rationing occurs.)

This is a no brainer, people. Obviously, Since I have more money than you, I have better options. If you are a poorer senior citizen, then, hey, tough luck, chum.

Better than your claim being rejected by private insurance over a quarter of the time (and you still pay either way)!

California Insurers Rejected 26% Of Healthcare Claims In 2010

Old 07-17-2012, 08:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,318,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
And really, do poor people even really need to live that long anyway? I mean, it's not like they're out creating jobs like the wealthy, and besides, who's even going to miss them? They're just burdening everybody with their entitlements!
People are sarcastic about this but there is simply no way we can do universal coverage and not limit coverage (ie: death panels).

It's unfortunate that nobody will be honest here. I wish someone would run that was simply brutally honest. It would be interesting.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,826,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
People are sarcastic about this but there is simply no way we can do universal coverage and not limit coverage (ie: death panels).

It's unfortunate that nobody will be honest here. I wish someone would run that was simply brutally honest. It would be interesting.
Limiting coverage does not mean "death panels" and it does not mean screwing poor people. Speaking as someone who grew up with a different culture, Americans have a slightly warped attitude regarding old age and death. It's a difficult issue and I agree, there is no honest rhetoric coming from politicians about it.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:08 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,198,554 times
The only hole in Romney's plan is that no insurance company wants to provide coverage to old people. Other than that, it's great. People who champion that idea never seem to think of that.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:58 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,189,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Medicare

It's already like this, it's called a Medicare supplement. Obama is the one that cut $500,000 billion from Medicare.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:59 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,189,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
The only hole in Romney's plan is that no insurance company wants to provide coverage to old people. Other than that, it's great. People who champion that idea never seem to think of that.

There are already companies that do that, they sell Medicare supplements.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
It's already like this, it's called a Medicare supplement. Obama is the one that cut $500,000 billion from Medicare.
And added it to Obamacare, making the difference nil.

Please. 1/2 truths don't help anyone. Whether from the Obama camp - they do it - or the Romney camp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections