Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 12:16 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,780,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
By chance, can you elaborate which "plan" you're referring to? Was that before or after the GOP's "Contract With America?"

Clinton was the President. His plan could **only** be the plan put before him by Congress.

You should clarify.
Sure, Clinton made it a priority to invest in education and infrastructure. He used the tax increases on the wealthy to put back into the middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 12:18 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,085,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Sure, Clinton made it a priority to invest in education and infrastructure. He used the tax increases on the wealthy to put back into the middle class.
And why should the wealthy have THEIR income redistributed to the middle and lower classes? It's their income. They worked for it and worked to keep it. Why should someone else benefit from it?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
And why should the wealthy have THEIR income redistributed to the middle and lower classes? It's their income. They worked for it and worked to keep it. Why should someone else benefit from it?
Because the rich also benefit from a growing middle class. Economics 101.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,456,740 times
Quote:
Because there warp sense of direction, tells them they deserve what others have earned on their own, we know that, not kidding anyone.

They think they are owed what others have earned and made sacrifices, within their own lifes. Which is sad, because there are very many lazy people out there, who don't believe in the hard work ethics at all.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:08 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,347,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm a special education teacher.
Then if you're any good, try to find a gig in an open market --- instead of relying on the NEA to subsidize you at taxpayer expense.

(Stepping off the soap box for a moment, I can understand why that isn't entirely practical -- I have an adult nephew who is severely autistic, and his mother -- a DVM married to the same -- abandoned her career to homeschool him.)

I recognize that that's not an option for everybody, but the current cycle of spend-tax-bureaucratize-repeat is running up against its natural limits.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Then if you're any good, try to find a gig in an open market --- instead of relying on the NEA to subsidize you at taxpayer expense.

(Stepping off the soap box for a moment, I can understand why that isn't entirely practical -- I have an adult nephew who is severely autistic, and his mother -- a DVM married to the same -- abandoned her career to homeschool him.)

I recognize that that's not an option for everybody, but the current cycle of spend-tax-bureaucratize-repeat is running up against its natural limits.
I live in the least unionized state, that is also a right-to-work state, and I don't belong to any education group.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:21 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,196,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post

Ahaha are you serious? I realize that my ideology I blindly follow is retarded when put into practice and know people in my life who have special needs which can't be addressed by it, but get a dang job on the free market you hippie! You people are a real hoot and a half.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:11 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,280 times
Quote:
Democrats and liberals are the absolute last that should be even thinking about economy. They're all for redistribution of wealth. Why should someone work for their money and livlihood when they can just sit back and collect various government benefits and suckle on the teet of the American people?
Try this Skeeter:
* Obama is not raising taxes. Tax breaks are expiring according to the Republican plan. Obama wants to continue them for the middle class.
* Giving tax breaks to the wealthy is also "redistribution of wealth".
* The economy crashed in 2007. Remember?
* Taxes were higher under Reagan than they are under Obama.
* If the wealthy get their republican 0% tax rate, that means the middle class will pay all the nation's bills. Like that idea?

Old 07-20-2012, 02:20 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,463,520 times
Exactly! And let's not leave out the little matter of where "let's invade Iran!" would lead us (once again)...?!!

Old 07-20-2012, 02:56 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Exactly! And let's not leave out the little matter of where "let's invade Iran!" would lead us (once again)...?!!
If we invade Iran or start another needless war, we should send Republicans, or others who support it, rather than taking advantage of the lives of our more valuable young men and women. If only it were possible.
Like our present wars, a draft might shut the chickenhawks up since they or their friends could be recruited. The horrors...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections