Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 06:31 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
Big fat lie...

And you know it...

But you will continue to espouse it...

Why?
Huh?

Which republicans were hiding in there that nobody knew about?

Wow! Unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I like how all of you Obama fans like to list his accomplishments such as free healthcare yadda yadda yadda.

But who is paying for it? Is the money falling from the sky?
Not them! The entitlement bunch never pays for anything. They just sit on their couches, eat SNAP Twinkies, and whine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 07:19 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
My post from another thread:

For one, I have a 20 year old son that can stay on my company's health plan instead of being kicked off at 18. Since he needed to go to the hospital recently, a bill that cost $2,765, cost me a small co-payment instead of the entire bill.

Let's throw in another for good measure. During 2009, I added an array of solar panels to my house that generates 70% of my electricity. The Federal Stimulus program (you know, the one Obama passed and the GOP derided) helped pay for much of that. Now, for the next 25 years my electric bill will be lower and the nation will use less foreign fuel to make power.

Thank you President Obama.

Your "What has he done for you," reminds me of this:

Old 08-06-2012, 07:36 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
My post from another thread:

For one, I have a 20 year old son that can stay on my company's health plan instead of being kicked off at 18. Since he needed to go to the hospital recently, a bill that cost $2,765, cost me a small co-payment instead of the entire bill.

Let's throw in another for good measure. During 2009, I added an array of solar panels to my house that generates 70% of my electricity. The Federal Stimulus program (you know, the one Obama passed and the GOP derided) helped pay for much of that. Now, for the next 25 years my electric bill will be lower and the nation will use less foreign fuel to make power.

Thank you President Obama.

Your "What has he done for you," reminds me of this:

And who is paying for that?

That is one thing you all fail to talk about. Talk about the "benefits" but never who is footing the bills.

I guess as long as one doesn't see the bill, it means it is free!

Out of sight, out of mind.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:37 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually those farmers offered to hire legal Americans that were in need of work and no one showed up....
The government allows a certain number of temporary workers into the country legally. They artificially set their wages very low, but for some it beats nothing.

When more workers are needed farmers seem to think that this should be the prevailing wages. So yes, it is difficult to get people to work on a farm for what amounts to less than they could get at McDonald's.

The answer here of course is not to ignore those who come here illegally. It's to either butt out and allow a wage the market sets OR do a better job of screening and allowing people in legally.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:29 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:

That is one thing you all fail to talk about. Talk about the "benefits" but never who is footing the bills.

If "that" is the video, Monty Python is paying for it.
If "that" is health care, my employer and myself are paying for it. The evidence is that keeping children on the policy until 26 adds very little to insurance premiums but does reduce the "dead beat factor" at hospital emergency rooms.
If "that" is the solar subsidies, the taxpayer is paying for it but receive the benefit of adding to available electricity on the grid; less air pollution and a positive balance of trade (or less negative balance of trade.) It's also economic stimulus with a positive outcome.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:54 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Quote:

You keep obsessing about who's paying, we are all paying for everything, heres a list of government departments that are using tax dollars to remain relevant=
A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies (A) | USA.gov
Departments that you may think unnecessary and choose to abolish may be very important to others, ones i may choose to abolish may directly affect you,we are all in this together as a team whether our political leanings agree or not, starting to cherry pick where your taxes are going to go is a recipe for total chaos.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You keep obsessing about who's paying, we are all paying for everything, heres a list of government departments that are using tax dollars to remain relevant=
Departments that you may think unnecessary and choose to abolish may be very important to others, ones i may choose to abolish may directly affect you,we are all in this together as a team whether our political leanings agree or not, starting to cherry pick where your taxes are going to go is a recipe for total chaos.
Now this is what I call putting country before politics....it is a shame more Republicans don't feel this way, all they want to do is get rid of all "Democrat like" programs and spend more money on their own pet programs. It would be nice to get back to a time when both parties worked together and through their differences to get things done for the good of the country instead of this who selfish party act that has been going on here and often times blatantly showcased in a number of pro-Republican posts.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:13 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,460,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
And that's exactly what the right wing and the tea baggers are aiming for. Don't have kids?... then fuggedabout school taxes. Don't use the library or parks?.... scratch those taxes too. Paying for highways, bridges, prisons, infrastructure improvements that ain't in your neighborhood?... ditto those taxes, and on and on. Just call it Narcissism as Public Policy, aka, "it's always all about ME!"

Old 08-06-2012, 03:01 PM

26,507 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
You are incorrect...but you probably already know that...

111th United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The senate had a filibuster proof super-majority for only about 5-6 months over President Obama's 1st 2 years.
Actually, your link says that I am correct. I didn't say Obama had a filibuster proof congress for the whole 2 years. However, the Democrats have lied about how often and what was filibustered. Obama hasn't been able to sign an annual budget into law, because he is a weak leader that can't get it through a congress that he controlled. There wasn't a filibuster on that.

What is it with Democrats not wanting to read or have things read?

Old 08-06-2012, 04:04 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,510,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Disagreeing is one thing, but who are you to decide what's "the work for the people of the USA"... 'cuz you sure don't speak for me (or a whole lot of other "people of the USA" either)?!

And what, exactly, is the appropriate way to deal with the kinda folks whose "bargaining" position is "my way or the highway", and who openly admit that their real goal, is for him to "fail"?
You do realize what the President is? He works for the People of this great country. He is to work foreign affairs too. He is our representative to the world. You dont like that, well tough, it is what it is.
You have a lot to learn about government and your elected officials. Good luck and stay in school, or go back to get your money back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections