Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techwired View Post
The Mormon church is attempting to put forth a media-friendly image by putting its Church in the best possible light, ( I'm a Mormon Campaign) while it consistently tries to hide its very bizarre beliefs, along with its racist and polygamous past.
You really do not want to try and demonize people about a past they had nothing to do with. It's a losing proposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,922,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You really do not want to try and demonize people about a past they had nothing to do with. It's a losing proposition.
What about a past that they did have something to do with?

Romney supported the racist policies of the Mormon church with his membership and cash and never once spoke out against them in public.

That was as recent as 1978.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Good Point -- Women do not care for Romney or his policies. Romney's refusal to say whether he would veto or sign into law the Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, giving women the right to equal pay, or calling health care coverage of contraception a violation of conscience tells you a lot about this well funded Phony -- Romney has also promised “to get rid of” Planned Parenthood.
He is a fool for not addressing this and unfortunately the reason he doesn't is because idiots would then attack him for a simply bogus reason.

Women already have a legal protection to equal pay. What is it that Romney is proposing we rescind?

This is one of the reasons why while I will not vote for Romney I simply can not vote for the alternative. Too many there ignoring our current laws and then crying that the answer to them not doing their job is even more laws which they will then ignore.

If there is someone not being treated equally as far as pay we already have laws addressing that. If the administration wishes to not enforce those laws, shame on them, not those who don't support redundant laws.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post

Romney supported the racist policies of the Mormon church with his membership and cash and never once spoke out against them in public.

In 1978.......was this back when Obama was going around getting stoned everyday? Should I hold that against him now?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:21 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,040,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
A True Christian, would never judge another... Just sayin...
How the heck does a person vote without making a judgement? True Christians will be staying home, I assume, feeling torn to pieces.

Platitudes that people mouth without thinking about them in some depth are facile and often nonsensical, as every decision (judgement call) is a unique situation.

Is he who hesitates lost?.....or should he look before he leaps?

Just askin...

Old 08-06-2012, 03:22 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post

He supported the mormon policies as recently as August 2012.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:28 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,089,326 times
Based on the character of the Latter-day Saints I know, Romney's faith makes me more likely to vote for him.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:53 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times
Quote:
Planet Kolob, The Missing Golden Plates, Baptism for the dead, Magic Underwear, Polygamy, False Prophet Joseph Smith — Willard the practiced serial liar as POTUS would be an unmitigated disaster on just about every imaginable level -- I fail to understand how an awkward and completely out-of-touch Mormon like Romney who tithes more to his church than he pays in taxes will ever be able to park his religion at the front door of the Oval office. Romney is a deeply religious Mormon, who has been baptized into this very insular culture, as well as serving as the Bishop and President of his church in MA. Romney, a pillar of his sect had secret responsibilities and duties few Mormons will ever have.

The Mormon Faith is based on a Lies, Deception, Polygamy and a self serving Prophet named Joseph Smith. This Peculiar Faith raises their insular flock of believers to be “clones” of all things Mormon — The LDS Church asks their members who believe in this faith to tithe 10 percent of their earnings to the church. Romney's Mormonism is deeply rooted in a gospel of Joseph Smith's bizarre beliefs that definitely could be a be a rather scary option if Willard ever became President -- Romney should share his Mormon testimony and his "truth" about the Book of Mormon, God, Jesus, John the Baptist and an angel named Moroni all paying numerous visits to a uneducated gold-digging farm boy from Upstate New York who founded this Religion. Perhaps Mitt should share the revelation Convicted Fraud Joseph Smith received directly from God demanding he begin the practice of Plural Marriage and former Bishop Romney should explain how Brigham Young, the second Mormon Prophet was able to father 57 children with 16 different women and was married to 55 wives

Mormonism stands as the most preposterous religion because it can and has been proven to be completely false -- Mormons entered the world teaching that all prior Christianity was corrupt, and an abomination to God. Mormons believe that the Garden of Eden is located in Jackson County Missouri, 5 miles north of Kansas City . The LDS Faith was started by a convicted fraud named Joseph Smith -- Smith practiced polygamy during his ministry, and had 33 wives other than his first wife, Emma Hale, many of these women were married to other men at the time. Smith had numerous affairs with housemaids, and underage girls as young as 14 years old. This is why Mormons like Romney will NEVER bring their religion into a live debate, as the consequences would politically destroy him and the Mormon Church would quickly become a laughingstock on the worlds stage — Mormon Polygamy: the allowance of multiple wives was practiced and strongly defended by the Mormon Church for many years, the Mormon church banned the practice ONLY after Congress pressured and the Supreme Court passed the Edmunds Act, which stated that the Barbaric martial form of polygamy was a felony, punishable by five years of imprisonment and threatened to take away ALL civil rights of Mormons, including depriving them of their citizenship, voting and holding any political office. The fact is, if it wasn’t for the U.S. Government stepping in, Mormons today would continue their Polygamous behavior, just like Warren Jeff’s the "prophet" of the FLDS Mormon Church, Brigham Young and Joseph Smith. Mormonism and its strange beliefs have been treated as a cult throughout the majority of developed nations and Christian Denominations based on huge fundamental differences, and the Mormons very peculiar beliefs.

The Mormon church is attempting to put forth a media-friendly image by putting its Church in the best possible light, ( I'm a Mormon Campaign) while it consistently tries to hide its very bizarre beliefs, along with its racist and polygamous past.
Wow! You really outdid yourself this time, Techwired. The depth of your research and your objectivity are mindboggling. If this were the religion forum, I might even be inclined to respond to this post. As it is, all I can say is that it is truly unfortunate that in this country, in this day and age, such hatred and intolerance continues to exist.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Also the Morman church holds women in rather low regard (as well as gays, blacks, etc).
Really? I'm a 63-year-old lifelong Mormon woman and I've never felt that I was held "in rather low regard." Maybe you could tell me what I've been missing.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
NOBODY should vote for a Mormon High Priest for President....Would you want a PRIEST of any religious hierarchy (NOT parishoner, but PRIEST) as POTUS?
In the LDS Church, a priest is a parishoner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections