Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 02:50 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,826,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
No doubt Romney has surrounded himself with idiots. He's pulling a McCain and deliberately losing the election. For the Republicans to have put up Romney in the first place is unforgiveable. He's doing everything within his power to lose. I don't think Oboy haters can save him with the 'anybody but obama' vote.
WOAH! This is a momentous admission.

Dale Cooper: Keepin' it REAL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 02:51 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,128,139 times
Another monumental gaffe by the Mittens campaign. Ooops, we really didn't mean to tell the truth. Damn it, Andrea Saul - you talk to much. You can't make this stuff up. Mittens' campaign is bringing incompetence to an altogether new level.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:52 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,128,139 times
Quote:
No doubt Romney has surrounded himself with idiots. He's pulling a McCain and deliberately losing the election. For the Republicans to have put up Romney in the first place is unforgiveable. He's doing everything within his power to lose. I don't think Oboy haters can save him with the 'anybody but obama' vote.
Did you intend to post these comments or did you send them in error?!?!?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:20 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,405,685 times
Quote:
I also got this impression that the guy never expected to be the last man standing in the debates and his heart really isnt into this potential job as President he seems to be doing everything possible to make himself out to be incompetent but the Obamaphobes just aint seeing it or buying it.
If i was a more right leaning than left leaning centrist i'd bite the bullet on this guy and hope the Republicans can come up with a more viable contender for the 2016 elections,some one with a bit more class,charisma, and competence.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:04 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,318,501 times
For anyone that cares, a list of those who funded the bogus attack ad.

http://freebeacon.com/ten-donors-fin...er-pac-smears/

Old 08-09-2012, 04:39 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,485,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
As Obamney care moves along more and more will see this is a good bill. The problem is that Mr.Steal your pension and load you with debt Romney wants to eliminate it on his first day.

Good bill for those that will benefit from it. Not so good for those that will finance it.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:54 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,220,554 times
Quote:
I don't think he's losing it deliberately. I do think that Romney is a sharply shrewd number cruncher with a big ego and minimal people skills. Candidates really rely on their campaign team to guide them through the process, and to be absolutely brutally honest with them, so it has to be a two way trusting relationship for it to work. Romney could afford the best of the best in terms of talent. I'm wondering if it's a situation where Romney won't listen--he's used to being completely in charge vs. deferring to anyone--and he's stopped listening to his advisers, or he refused to bring on advisers who'll shoot straight with him and tell him no. He's notorious for having a short temper, so it could be that his staff are afraid to confront him when he screws up. Then, on top of it, you have surrogates and staff saying really stupid things to the press. It's a mess--one of the worst campaign organizations I've ever seen.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:02 PM

59,338 posts, read 27,496,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Romney spokesperson: His individual mandate could have saved woman’s life | The Raw Story

Wow! Another gift for the Obama camp. Even Ann Coulter is having a crap hemmorage over this one and wants the girl fired...for telling the truth!
Now that we know many of the facts do you still want to stand by your claim?

An apology would be appropriate.

Old 08-10-2012, 02:45 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,405,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
WOAH! This is a momentous admission.

Dale Cooper: Keepin' it REAL.
Actually i thought that was a departure from Dales usual theme but later in the day i noticed Limbaugh and Coulter did a diatribe along the very same line of logic.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:07 AM

38,649 posts, read 26,435,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's exactly the point. Obamacare, or the affordable care act, was modeled on Mitt Romney's Romneycare program in Massachusetts--the one he's been trying to walk away from since he started his bid for president, because so many conservatives are upset with Obamacare. Romney has vowed to repeal Obamacare if he's elected. Now one of his top aides is saying that if they'd had a program like Romneycare, and now Obamacare, it would have saved that woman's life. That creates a huge problem for Romney, and it was probably one of the all time stupid things I've ever heard come out of a campaign in my life.

The federal government, being a creation of the states, does not have authority in its enumerated powers to require individuals to purchase healthcare insurance. The states have no such restriction on them and may impose an individual mandate if their particular state constitution permits such a mandate.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

You: "Romney spokesperson: His individual mandate could have saved woman’s life"

Saul: "disgusting.” “Obviously, it’s unfortunate when anyone loses their job,” “This particular case was a plant that was closed years after Gov. Romney left the company. And to that point, you know, if people had been in Massachusetts under Gov. Romney’s health care plan, they would have had health care.”

Where does she say an individual mandate could have save this woman's life?

Want to make the election about Obamacare?

OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections